IndieStone D.U.C.K.S mod

Pfft. Just design a bit of code to evaluate the AI's situation and assign it changes based on that. The functions are already there to get military strength, gold, number of cities, and other details the AI could use to evaluate another player or it's own situation. If you want to go to all of that detail. That's probably over designing as the current AI is hardly intelligent enough to do even that kind of basic situational awareness.

...Which is exactly why you WANT the AI to have that kind of awareness.

You also gloss over how, in a perfect world, you'd want religion not simply impacted by the AI's choices in other areas, but to impact them itself.

To do this mod well requires the DLL. To do it at all, does not, generally speaking... And that fact is easily visible, given the screenshots they provided.

Because A) There is very little depth to that, and B) Doing so negates any possibility of a similar feature in Civ5, where features must be 'Politically Correct'. Unless, of course, you want a return to the religion of Civ4, where the only difference is the name?

Or did you mean something other than allowing the player to pick from a selection of premade religions?

Is what I was saying about the AI is that it already bumbles through the game as it is. Giving it this kind of awareness would be overcompensating. It might make intelligent choices for it's religion, but if it's still building monuments and temples while the player has all of the libraries and tech advancement...

Also, it seems the What Would Ghandi Do mod has a significant influence on AI decisions.

Nah, it's fine.

If you coded the AI to treat it like techs it might not require the source code

It would for absolutely any new effect that is added, and it seems like they planned alot.

Is what I was saying about the AI is that it already bumbles through the game as it is. Giving it this kind of awareness would be overcompensating. It might make intelligent choices for it's religion, but if it's still building monuments and temples while the player has all of the libraries and tech advancement...

Also, it seems the What Would Ghandi Do mod has a significant influence on AI decisions.

And if the WWGD mod has a significant effect, simply by modifying leader weights and some global defines, what precisely does that tell you?

The AI doesn't suck. Tactical AI has dragged the rest through the mud, but generally speaking, the AI knows how to win the game. It even has VERY detailed diplomatic calculations, you simply don't see much as the presentation still sucks (no, not arguing for the gamey +2 We Share a War civ4 presentation). There are some things it's doing poorly (right now, not enough workers, for one), but overall, it IS far and above better than in Civ4.

I'm a bit confused The first page description says MOD to be released "at some point", and this because: "the religion system needs SDK release in order to have new yields like piety added". But from the screenshots its seems like its already been implemented and working. I'm confused! Is it already in and working? or not? If not then what the heck is that civic icon doing in the upper bar with numbers next to it?

Someone unconfuse me!

I'm a bit confused The first page description says MOD to be released "at some point", and this because: "the religion system needs SDK release in order to have new yields like piety added". But from the screenshots its seems like its already been implemented and working. I'm confused! Is it already in and working? or not? If not then what the heck is that civic icon doing in the upper bar with numbers next to it?

Someone unconfuse me!
From what I can gather, it works at least reasonably well for the player, but they're having trouble getting the A.I. to make intelligent use of it. That's the impression I got, anyways.

There could also be difficulties in getting it to tie in with other portions of the game, such as affecting diplomacy. I'm not sure, though; I don't do a whole lot of Lua modding, so I'm not sure how easily it works with various areas of the game.

Someone unconfuse me!
From what I can gather, it works at least reasonably well for the player, but they're having trouble getting the A.I. to make intelligent use of it. That's the impression I got, anyways.

There could also be difficulties in getting it to tie in with other portions of the game, such as affecting diplomacy. I'm not sure, though; I don't do a whole lot of Lua modding, so I'm not sure how easily it works with various areas of the game.

I believe those shots are just mockups and/or UI changes with no effect on gameplay. If they could do it for themselves that means it would be done and they could release it for everyone.

@ JohnnyW
Well, they're not mock-ups, but a mod in progress. Most likely UI changes with some gameplay changes along with the Piety that's implemented but is incapable of the entire effect that it was meant to have.

Hey guys. Sorry not much progress to report, we've been really busy bringing home the bacon, so to speak, so not had any modding time or likely to get any in the particularly near future.

That's because we're working on this, at the moment:

http://www.projectzomboid.com/

You can read me moaning more in-depth about the predicaments that lead up to us making this game here: http://www.theindiestone.com/lemmy/index.php/2011/03/08/the-perils-of-xna-and-the-death-of-an-indie/ and here: http://www.theindiestone.com/lemmy/...-pathetic-game-announcement-with-screenshots/.

It'll probably make it more clear why we've had so little time for modding.

However we're still very much planning to make the mod as soon as we have time for a hobby. ;D and really it wouldn't be doable in any decent way until the SDK anyhow.

So sorry for the lack of updates in the meantime!

Love,

Lemmy

Any progress since the last post 2 months ago? I'm really looking forward to this project and hope it hasn't died.

Hey guys. Sorry not much progress to report, we've been really busy bringing home the bacon, so to speak, so not had any modding time or likely to get any in the particularly near future.

That's because we're working on this, at the moment:

http://www.projectzomboid.com/

You can read me moaning more in-depth about the predicaments that lead up to us making this game here: http://www.theindiestone.com/lemmy/index.php/2011/03/08/the-perils-of-xna-and-the-death-of-an-indie/ and here: http://www.theindiestone.com/lemmy/...-pathetic-game-announcement-with-screenshots/.

It'll probably make it more clear why we've had so little time for modding.

However we're still very much planning to make the mod as soon as we have time for a hobby. ;D and really it wouldn't be doable in any decent way until the SDK anyhow.

So sorry for the lack of updates in the meantime!

Love,

Lemmy

there will be no progress in this mod until they will solve their own problem

We're never going to get this finished, as since Project Zomboid has taken off it's likely to be a full-time job for years to come, so here is the code to DUCKS religion mod as it stands:

http://www.projectzomboid.com/Religion.rar

Please note it's a few patches old and is unlikely to work as is. Not sure how useful it'll be but there ya go. :) Also can't guarantee how nice a state the code is going to be in since it's so long since we touched it.

Enjoy!

Love,

Lemmy&Binky

Top Bottom