Ingame Editor

Hi.

I made a fresh manual install of version 33, and I can select the mod on the screen and start/load a game just fine. But when I get into the game, I do not see any 'IGE' icon near the turn/year icons.

I see nothing to click. So I'm not sure if I am just missing something, or if it is a bug and is simply not showing up properly.

If I have a savegame using an older version and update to the newest version, will that render my savegame unloadable?

@iPhobos
Glad you liked it. :)

@Blackstripe
Hit Ctrl+I. If nothing happens, IGE was not loaded and you made a mistake in the mods screen.

@Saucy Jack
Nope. Actually your savegame does not even require IGE because IGE stores no data.

I ran it with just the civ V unofficial patch installed, and got the error: attampt to index local param (a number value).

To make things easier, I have attached the lua.txt file (most of the initial stuff is setting up the game, but since I wasn't sure where you wanted to look I included it all).

View attachment Lua.txt

On a PC (Windows 7) running Civ V (DirectX 11, all DLC including G&K) through Steam (legal copy) I did the following:
1. Deleted the cache folder
2. Opened Civ V
3. Clicked Mods and waited for it to re-download all mods
4. Selected only Unofficial Patch and IGE
5. Set up a new game
6. Once the game started, I clicked "IGE" at the top right (error...)

Let me know if you need any more info in tracking this...or if I am doing something wrong that is causing this...:)

Hello irf2k and thank you very much for going through all of that. :)

Given the log you provided, I can confirm this is the very same error than the one discussed a few days ago. This one can be solved by using the latest version of Thalassicus' mod ("unofficial patch"), but I do not know if he already released it officially (on Steam and the CivFanatics database) or whether it's still considered as a public beta (and only released somewhere else). Anyway, you need to update his mod but I cannot help you in this matter.

Cool...thanks....I did read that it was suppose to be working, and I downloaded what I thought was the newest version, but I guess the fix must be in a beta release...

v34 has been released
(Not available on Steam, download from the first post)

Bugfixes
* The "teleport unit" feature will not make the game crash anymore when performing a null move (source and target plots being the same).
* The "teleport unit" feature will now properly move the selected unit rather than all the units on the source plot.

@DonQuiche, uncertain how to alter multiple tiles. It presents somewhat of an Herculean task to set each individual hex. Left click appears to be only for navigation, while right click modifies one tile. Also looking to start with a blank map to refine from scratch. Frequently crashes and corrupts save after only a minor degree of editing. Any recommendations? Cleaned cache, only running this mod on my imac.

@iPhobos
Hello.

* To paint multiple tiles at once, hold down the shift key while using the right mouse button. Tip: read the tooltips on the panels' tabs themselves, they always specify the available key/mouse combos.

* Regarding crashes, they're out of my scope: they are bugs in the game engine itself and there is nothing I can do about them. Complain to Firaxis about their ridiculous Mac adaptation.

* Saves corruption does happen because of crashes, does it? If so there is nothing I can do. Or does it happen even without that? If so, should you ever manage to guess reproduction steps, I would be very interested. Also, if you could provide such a savegame (again, provided it was not corrupted because of a crash), I would like to check whether it works on a PC.

Indeed, regarding savegames corruption, in the past IGE did let you paint ocean and coastal tiles in any way you liked until I realized, thanks to users' feedback, that civ5 was unable to load savegames with land tiles immediately next to ocean tiles, without coastal tiles between them. Since then I made sure that IGE prevents you to do such things. Afaik, there was no such problem left.

Not sure if this is a bug or my own doing in not fully understanding this tool, however when using the "explored" and "unexplored" vision features I find that the effects are either permanent visibility or permanent unexporable vision area. Not sure if that is fully clear, so i'll give examples.

I used the "Explored" section on a few tiles just to see what they did and i could see the 7 tiles revealed on my normal map. I happen to look there 10+ turns later, and I still have complete vision of the area, as if i scout was sitting in the very middle of it.

I then attempted to turn off the vision there with "Unexplored" and then sent a scout to the area to vision it normally. However, the area stayed black and my scout could not move through it.

Did i do something wrong here?

NOTE: I am also using this on the MAC platform currently (Macbook for travel). I will be trying it out on my PC in the near future.

@willer
Thank you very much for this detailled message. I was able to reproduce those problems and I can confirm it is a bug in IGE, probably introduced a couple of months ago. I hate the fog management in civ5 and the absence of documentation.

Anyway I am just going to release a new version that fixes this problem.

v35 has been released.

Bugfixes:
* Editing the terrain with the "explored" option will not also disable the fog of war anymore (as if you had an unit there).
* Editing the terrain with the "explored" option, then using the "unexplored" one, will not leave the tile forever unexplorable.

I cannot express how sad it is that I feel super awesome for having found a legit bug in a Civ mod :p

Is there any option for the ige to let a player change the faction they are playing as (not for just one turn but for the rest of the game)?

@CivOasis
Yes. You can add them, remove them, for any civ, including city states and barbarians. :)

Wow - Just found this but love it!
Can you please help me with one problem that I have just been able to figure out? Sometimes when save a brand new game prior to anyone's move (including my own civilization) I want to change the continent I am on or remove completely the Civ that may be too close to me. But whenever I click on Kill or Delete buttons it always ends game showing that my own Civ has died. And I plop a Settler on where I want to start game I would want to remove the original settler from the other Continent.
Also if i want to plop some Wonders next to my cities should I remove that Wonder from where ever it is currently located on the map first?
Your huge "delta" at the end of the Mississippi River in Earth is awesome. Is there a way to change the size of the rivers?
Thanks for helping an old Geezer that still enjoys playing this game.

v35 has been released.

Bugfixes:
* Editing the terrain with the "explored" option will not also disable the fog of war anymore (as if you had an unit there).
* Editing the terrain with the "explored" option, then using the "unexplored" one, will not leave the tile forever unexplorable.

I'm used to the updates being on Steam...oh well...hello downloading.

Sometimes when save a brand new game prior to anyone's move (including my own civilization) I want to change the continent I am on
You do have a "teleport units" feature. :)
Go to the "city & units" panel, select the tile your unit is on, press the "teleport" button, then right-click the target tile.

Also if i want to plop some Wonders next to my cities should I remove that Wonder from where ever it is currently located on the map first?
The old one won't be removed automatically but you can have two of them at the same time.

Your huge "delta" at the end of the Mississippi River in Earth is awesome. Is there a way to change the size of the rivers?
The delta is not mine, it is the standard one. ;)
You can create new rivers or extend the existing ones (click the picture's edges at the bottom left corner of the terrain panel) but you cannot change their thickness if this is what you mean.

Thanks for helping an old Geezer that still enjoys playing this game.
You're welcome. :)

I'm used to the updates being on Steam...oh well...hello downloading.
I know it's frustrating, sorry about that. I will try to fix the modding tools on my computer so that I can upload on Steam again.

Top Bottom