Instant Karma 3 civ/player, no AI

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Oh for crying out loud. I'll tell you this much, I don't really have much love for traitors...

You sent me a message saying that I was no longer your greatest ally because I beat you to building the Taj. I responded saying that obviously it is a race, no hard feelings etc doesn't mean we can't work together and I got nothing back at all. I got put on heightened alert hence the jannisarys on the border and when this idea was mooted I was happy to partake as I felt that I couldn't leave the border empty otherwise...

Here's the spoiler image. If I had had a simple message back saying that you were just pissed off or something I would not have been concerned about the border like I was! Also if you note in the emails, I never once said I would attack Kenwyn. I always stated that I 'was moving my troops back to the Ottoman empire', or 'I will join a fight if there is one'. I never once explicitly said WHERE or WHO I would attack... Little cheeky perhaps, but as an ex law student I'm sure you would appreciate the wiggle room in the correspondence.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0146.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0146.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 164

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Oh shut up and stop trying to defend your treason.

KenWyn, I will give you however many cities you want in exchange for joining me in teaching Muffin a lesson!

Oh shut up and stop trying to defend your treason.

KenWyn, I will give you however many cities you want in exchange for joining me in teaching Muffin a lesson!

You can't expect me to change nothing if you say that I am no longer an ally! And I never lied to you in any way.

I wonder how deep your defences are that strong... :cowboy:

My main slow stack are within my borders still, I doubt Kenwyn would be interested in giving it to a nation that has units that can reach him and draft many more before his main stack get back.

kenwyn

Master
Whew! The war of words seems as heated as the coming battles.

Sorry Big#1, no # of cities could cause me to turn on my current ally. :nono:
Now perhaps if U could "liberate" all the Mayan cities except cap, perhaps i could bow out of the "War of Rebalance" having done my part. :cowboy:
I would also commit to sharing such with our mutual neighbor Herc. :jesus:

kenwyn

Master
Ironic that i'v had to wait for the re-do of this site to post this...
It is with heavy heart & computer that i must announce my full retirement from Civ.
After much thot & angst, i cannot afford to devote any more time or talent(?) to this fine game.

Effective immediately i am stepping out of my last 2 games. Both of which i started & am admin'r for.

My PBEM Tracker user name= kenwyn & p/w= 5ttttt for whomever wants to take over.

I will send my in-game to Bath for sharing with whomever wants/can be found to take over my civs.

It's been a good run & fun for the most part. Best to All of You in Civ & RL.

kenwyn

Master
Part of what brought me to the ending of my "Civ life" is the bending/stretching of rules regarding double & triple movement among civs. There is simply no way the Maya could have built/created & moved the # of units that suddenly showed up at their borders cities. Within the last 3 turns since Big #1 began to realize there were war winds blowing, no 1 civ could have buit/slaved & moved the # number of units showing up just in time at key border cities.

I have had units, spies, & ships in view of coastal cities before & during war. I have included screenshots to back my assertions.
1> Izamal garrison last turn 200 (3)
2> garrison remaining AFTER multiple attacks against Portuguese stack turn 201 (12)
3> results of Mayan attacks showing 8 units killed

This garrison went from 3 to 20 in 1 turn = not possible from Mayan/any cities within 3 tiles.

?!GONG!?

I am NOT going to spend ANY more time on this issue/situation. If ya'll can find a replacement for me, i'd suggest restarting turn 200 (1400ad) & playing it over. Or even turn 199 to truly right matters.
Good luck to all.

Attachments

• units in Mutual 200ad.jpg
    units in Mutual 200ad.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 8 Maya units destroyed attacking Port stak.jpg
    8 Maya units destroyed attacking Port stak.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 162
  • units in Mutual 210ad.jpg
    units in Mutual 210ad.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 150

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Really KenWyn? Your last act is calling me a cheater? Really classy. Btw why would I have most of my army in my safe capital city anyway? I can assure you, and Hercules can confirm it, that pretty much all Mayan units were garrisoned in New Timbuktu and they have been moved away in time to intercept your army. Since all territory in between was owned by the same civ I couldn't have made any double moves even if I wanted to. As for the small number of Celtic fighters, those were the only Celtic units in range.

Btw I kept most of my units before you could actually attack Izmal one or two tiles to the south exactly because I wanted you to think I have less defenders than I actually did. It seems my plan worked a little too well. Nevertheless if you really are that paranoid and stop playing for good I might as well send you my savegames along with the password so you can see for yourself that your allegations are unfounded.

As much as I would love to be able to make knoedal lose more units in our fight v him, you can't say those units were double moved really. You can't see a lot of that land.

As all those cities are safe by unseen strikes from 2 movers, (except the newish zama) I would have kept units myself on the tiles 2W and 2E of the cow if I were expecting an attack - which he was for a long time from yourself (slightly less from me tbf)

I really do think he has not double moved here.

Hercules90

Deity
I can't see into the war zone but I have to agree with REM on this.

And yes there was a considerable force garrisoned in New Timbuktu.

I can't see into the war zone but I have to agree with REM on this.

And yes there was a considerable force garrisoned in New Timbuktu.

Just looked at the last picture properly - he hasn't even gifted the Celtic units, so they can't have double moved, unlike me who organised the army into 2 parts!

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Just looked at the last picture properly - he hasn't even gifted the Celtic units, so they can't have double moved, unlike me who organised the army into 2 parts!

Well this just took an interesting turn...

I put mine into a 1 move and 2 move civ - you can see that on your turn - all my 2 movers are Aztec, all my 1 movers are ottoman. I didn't mean I double moved you with my chaps!

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
I hereby humbly request the administrator of this game to implement the following two house rules, effective immediately:

*You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

*If a human is the vassal of another human, the master may demand one resource as tribute every turn. If the vassal does not comply they must break the capitulation at the soonest opportunity. The vassal may cancel every such tribute as soon as the game allows, meaning a master can only have a maximum of 10 resources sent for free by their vassal at any one point unless the vassal sends them voluntarily.

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Who has the turn anyway? Who needs to be replaced? Just KenWyn or someone else as well?

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Then I don't really see the problem, have we even posted in the replacement thread yet?

I would be keen to cont this, although a little annoyed if the new replacement of the guy who egged me into attacking imp immediately pulls back!

Top Bottom