Interesting Babylon Start

aselbie

Chieftain
This is my first post despite being a long time lurker. I just thought this was an interesting map that some would enjoy playing.

I managed a turn 299 OCC science victory, which is both my best time ever, and my first Immortal victory. I'm guessing that some of the better folks could smash that, though, and I'd be interested to see what you end up doing with it.

Map details:
Spoiler :

Map: Pangaea
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Immortal
Game Pace: Standard
Resources: Legendary Start

Why it's an interesting map (Spoilers)
Spoiler :

I have never seen that many sea resources in range of a single city. There's also a hill rich desert a little way to the West that has the Grand Mesa. I'm not sure it would be possible to grab Petra in time, but if so it would pretty amazing.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Interesting_Babylon_Start.Civ5Save
    511.1 KB · Views: 123
Yeah, I want to see this myself.

Gonna try it myself. Here's the start for those wondering. Definately gonna grab a shrine and see if I can pick up the fishing boats pantheon. It also appears that raging barbs are on.

Spoiler :

Well. That really is a lot of water resources, so you would have got great food, gold, and production. Did you pick the pantheon giving +1 production from fishing boats? That would have made for crazy production. I might have to try that map myself!

Also, welcome to the forums!!

You are absolutely correct that raging barbs is on. Which is actually really funny because it means I turned it on ages ago, forgot to turn it off, and just got used to that as the norm.

Also, for a really amazing start, run your warrior straight Southeast at the beginning. The ruin there will net you pottery, which makes for a super easy early faith.

Does Raging Barb cause camps to spawn more units? Or more camps to spawn? Or both?

Camps spawn more units. Does not appear that more camps spawn, but it appears that cleared camps may re-spawn more quickly.

...now imagine this start as Carthage, if you'd like.

Are 7 Ancient Wonders on? I dropped in my saves folder but can't start them for some reason.

Top Bottom