Interesting demons?

eye on the ball patine ;)

Are we playing by the same league rules? Basically, I'm asking for clarification, not biting your head off. I sometimes have to clarify here.

I logged in only to congratulate you for what might be the best post of your entire career. I enjoyed the everloving hell out of that post.

Thank You Mr. Jung, You shame me :D Truth be told my entire knowledge of the "esoteric" comes from the urge to tell what is Therion singing about ;) They spice my music life as well as They satisfy my inborn thirst for knowing all that is hidden. In fact the word Therion has multiple meanings , it is :
- The name for "the wild beast"
- The name of a music band (well duh...)
- Aleister Crowley's nickname (Master Therion)
- Greek name for "The Wolf" constellation
- perhaps even a demon ;)

Nearly all of their repertoire is about demons,myths,legends,deities and such. :)

The Panoptes Argos is another monster from greek mythology.

Panoptes Argos was a descendant of the founder of the city of Argos, and a servant of Hera. He was a giant with many eyes all over his body, some of which never closed. He killed one of the primary monsters, the Echidna (who along with Typhon gave birth to all other monsters, many of which were defeated by Herakles in a parallel to how Zeus defeated Typhon).
Argos was destroyed by Hermes, under the orders of Zeus, because he was guarding Io who Zeus had an affair with.
Hera later on placed "eyes" on the tails of peacocks, her sacred animal, in memory of Argos.

And now for a different kind of demon not by mythology but by science ;)
Mathematicians call them "monsters". They are interesting demons because they depict infinity, which at first glance is finite :

It's a visualization of the Mandelbrot set (of numbers) on a x and y dimension. No matter how many times You zoom in You'll eventually have the exact same picture repeated on those "smaller branches" - indefinitely :) They are called "fractals" - the best example in nature is a snowflake ;)

And the simplest example of a "finite infinity" is a circle - an Uroboros if You like :

Happy Birthday Benoit Mandelbrot ;)

Post Scriptum:
No wonder those who seek to find the meaning behind the prime numbers are driven insane ! ;) Demons are at work friends ! ;)

I recently watched that series on TNT, about 15 seasons. It was kinda weird watching these people age 15 years in a matter of weeks

I didn't know it was still ongoing, TNT stopped showing episodes after the 15th season and I thought it was over. Now I'll have to track down what I missed. Agents Page and Plant

Okay, TNT is showing the series 10 am est and they're in season 9

Hopefully they'll run the series to its finale. Oh yeah, the series was 15 seasons so I only have maybe 1 season to watch

Last edited:
The Panoptes Argos is another monster from greek mythology.

Panoptes Argos was a descendant of the founder of the city of Argos, and a servant of Hera. He was a giant with many eyes all over his body, some of which never closed. He killed one of the primary monsters, the Echidna (who along with Typhon gave birth to all other monsters, many of which were defeated by Herakles in a parallel to how Zeus defeated Typhon).
Argos was destroyed by Hermes, under the orders of Zeus, because he was guarding Io who Zeus had an affair with.
Hera later on placed "eyes" on the tails of peacocks, her sacred animal, in memory of Argos.

Wasn't the City-State of Argos where the Royal Line of Macedon, including Philip II and Alexander III (the Great) claimed to be descended from emigres from?

fun fact. the burning wheels with eyes are actually angels from the bible. they are called ophanim

How did the drug banners get a hold of this religion?

Aren't those just making an appearance in the one vision?
Much like with other bizarre beings, in the Apocalypse or some desert visions of early hermits.

yes, most of what we now call "angels" do not feature prominently in the bible at all, and also do not look like today's angles in the slightest. many angels like the aforementioned ophanim are only featured once in the bible.

Wendigo2.png
Wendigo.png

The Wendigo of the myths and legends of various Algonquin peoples (Wiindigoo in Ojibwe and Wetiko in Cree). The Wechuge is a VERY similar (probably inspired through cultural interchange) near-analog of Athabaskan and Pacific Northwest people's myths and legends. Very fearsome and terrifying human-flesh-eating stalker on winter nights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom