Interesting map settings for Carthage?

Stealing workers when there's a mountain nearby can make it easy for stealing when you have that great general. Once you have that worker captured by the scout, you can easily have the workers and the scout cross the mountain since the units both use 2 move spaces. The other units won;t be able to capture the worker because the worker would be on the other side of the mountain already.

I recently had a blast playing Carthage on a giant highlands map with long mountain chains and small seas on the advanced settings. This produced a world with cells enclosed within the mountain ranges which is very difficult to explore except for Carthage because you can run over the walls. I parked a unit at one opening, founded Utique at a second and had room to plant two other citys comfortably and kept my three pet city states isolated from the outside world. This map also had the advantage of delaying the world congress until the modern age! I held off from venturing into the last unexplored corner for about 3 turns until I hit Radio and got my ideology(I'm not a great fan of early Congress and the hammer fests). Naturally my first proposal was world ideology! I would recommend you try this at least once.

Top Bottom