Votes: 11 40.7%
  • This map idea is stupid

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • "You need to explain this more...

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • ...or maybe I'm just too dull"

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Thanks Rambuchan. :) I too am fascinated by maps and atlases, so that article was certainly an incredibly interesting read for me! I hope there's more coming soon. :goodjob:

As for the maps I'm doing, I'm still having various ideas and thoughts about things which might or might not work for making them better and more accurate. But the main problem for me at the moment is that I can't actually do any practical toying-around with the maps... due to being at university and having to use only non-Civ3 public computers. :( However, I'll be able to begin on the creating in just over a month... and until then, I can still do some theoretical work on paper to sort out possibilities. I guess in a way it's a good thing, because I've got plenty of time to think things over, and hear plenty of input and ideas and stuff. :)

By the way, @Crayton: Did you end up making any further adjustments to the Inverted Mediterranian map? :)

Further Adjustments?
...Just sprucing up the terrain so that it forests, hills, and deserts are broken-up. Some of the cornors have been rounded. I have not invested anytime in placing resources, which from what I here, is an important step. I'll keep pruning and may possibly place resources and eventually post It when you post your North and South Pole maps. You can then pick it up and glaze over it as you did the 2 other maps, so that all three have the same feel. I too will take advantage of the time you spend at the University (thankfully, I have a laptop at mine).

Yeah, I wish I had a laptop... only problem is, being a student, I'm pretty much broke! :lol: Could be a good thing though... this way, I don't waste away hours of every day playing Civ3. (Hmm, I seem to waste a great deal of them here at CFC and other places on the net instead though... so I don't know if that logic actually works. :mischief: )

@ Lord Parkin: I'm glad you enjoyed the read. There are now 3 articles in the thread, with some updates and editions to some articles as they were originally posted. There will be another new article coming this week about Ptolemy and his contributions. There should be some good map making theory for you to digest while you wait for the month to run out ;).

Cool, I'll look forward to it. :D

Top Bottom