IO6 - Math is for the weak!

Ok, thanks guys. Will play the last 5 turns today and post save and (hopefully) some screens. Apologies for my current ineptitude but we all have to start somewhere...amirite?

PrtScrn on it's own should work in bug (it does for me). And the screenies get saved to your My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Screenshots folder.

It saves the files as tga files. To convert to jpg?

EDIT: Nevermind... Google has shown me the light...

T6 - Worker finishes at Constantinople and I slot in a scout so we can grow (3atm and will pop to 4 in 3t). Move new worker to forest for pre-chopping for Oracle. Med is in 4. Move worker duo to start roading/mining copper for spears and axes while single worker roads ponies So we can use that lovely tech we got gifted.

T7 - Warrior moves, workers road and workers pre-chop. fascinating stuff. On the plus side,
I now know how to screen cap, and upload. here is a tester for the possible gem gem corn copper city:

T8 - Move horsy worker to help with roading/mining copper. move warrior around...

T9 - Med is in, set to PH. there is a barb near our southern warrior that I didn't see in time. Holding thumbs it will be ok. Since this is turn 60, I will hand off here. PH will land in 4 turns.

Thessalonica (set for growth, chariot a placeholder (kinda)):

Constantinople (Set a scout for further exploring cause we have much to do):

EDIT: Next player, the worker 1E of the pre-chopped forest has already invested 1chop so remember to stop him :)

Attachments

• Math is for the Weak! BC-1600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    77.2 KB · Views: 74
Ok, the screens didn't load *facepalms*

Here they are...

EDIT: I finally figured it out. Everyone can look forward to better turnset reports from now on :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 68
Dual gem site is delicious, but for that far south we'll need to organize our next set. I don't mean to sound rude boet, but a scout this late in the game will be eaten alive. It's good you've started working towards connecting our copper, we need an ax at home and one to head towards our next city site.

I'd propose switching the scout to a placeholder like a barracks while the metal is being connected and switching Thessalonika to a granary... wait, we don't have pots. Looks like we need to either pick that tech up quick or shift over to alpha next set. Thoughts?

Thessalonika to a granary... wait, we don't have pots. Looks like we need to either pick that tech up quick or shift over to alpha next set. Thoughts?

I agree. I reckon that picking up Pottery after PH comes in and starting Constantinople on Oracle and chase it with the pre-chops, grab CoL. That's my 2c worth...

Looks nice! Seems like on track for the oracle. We should hopefully land it...

Think I'm up next, if so, this is a got it and I'll play this evening. If not, then next person needs to jump in quick. :D

Will have a look when I get home.

Gut feeling is that it'd be good to squeeze another worker out of Const before the Oracle. Get the forests chopped faster and get some mines to power the non chopped bit.

Pottery next sounds right.

Few good options out there after that. IMO, Monotheism would be very strong if we're going to convert to the Confused religion - although that will tank our relations with the neighbours. Any opinions?

If we're sticking at no religion then Alphabet would seem good. Should have some good trade fodder.

It saves the files as tga files. To convert to jpg?

EDIT: Nevermind... Google has shown me the light...

I thought that problem was Civ 5 only. All mine save as .jpgs (though capitalised for some reason).

Anyway nice to see you fixing it.

Here we go.

I cancel the Scout. Switch to a settler.

We have PH due in 4. 4 warriors (3 in capital) and 4 workers. Nice. We can definitely support another city with this mix.

We only have a single 'big hammer' tile in the city, so intending to whip overflow the settler into the Oracle as it's done.

Turn 61 - IBT our scouting warrior defeats a barb. He gets promoted to Woody 1 and moved onto some woods to heal. Our workers work, 2 go to connect the copper, one is divert for 'project: new city'.

Turn 62 - Woody heals. Our 2 worker team starts to connect the copper. Thessalonica has grown and can work our fancy horses.

Turn 63 - IBT Raggy asks for OB - everybody hates him, so I refuse. IBT Stonehenge is built. I double whip our new settler, providing a nice overflow into the Oracle. The copper is hooked up and the road to our new city is finished on the hill.

Turn 64 - Priesthood > Pottery. Start Oracle. Workers road the route to our new city and move to chop.

Turn 65 - The prechopped forest goes into the oracle. There's a city up by my chosen expansion location, hopefully won't pose any problems!

Turn 66 - Babylon comes asking for OB. No enemies. Why not. I check the diplo and notice that Raggy doesn't have a worst enemy either, so gets OB. Adrianople is founded, set on a monument.

Turn 67 - Our scouting woody 1 warrior loses to a barb warrior whilst sat on a forest. How annoying. We meet a fancy turk:

Thesalonica finishes our shiny new chariot. I move it towards the capital so it can cover all 3 cities. Start another chariot.

Turn 68 - Constantinople grows back to size 3. Fiddle with it for growth in 3, with 1 of those at max hammers. Twist science down to get pottery with no overflow.

Turn 69 - Irrigation is finished for Adrianople. Last turn of road added.

Turn 70 - Constantinople is MM'd for growth in 1 and max hammers. Oracle currently due in 8, will drop once the 3rd mine is added.

Some thoughts for the next player.
I'd whip the monument in Adrianople as soon as it grows... we're in a race for the piggy. OINK!
I was intending to switch constantinople to the new mine as soon as it's done, will shave a turn or 3 off the oracle time.

I went with a 2nd chariot in Thesalonica rather than a grannary as there are a couple of barb archers sniffing around out there.

Hmmm. My photos are all messed up - not sure what happened here. Anyone know anything about this sorta thing? TY. :D
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Math is for the Weak! BC-1200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    85.2 KB · Views: 120
Oh Bob, I was once like you. Lost in the ways of image uploading. But lo, imageshack found me and we rejoiced. I'll send you a PM with some instructions that should get you through your hour of need.

I can't enlarge the images but everything looks... proportional. I think? It seems you opted for the wine site instead of our southern project. I don't know if we'll get the Kimberely Mines before Oracle comes in, but wasn't selfishly fighting for land what was most important up until the Holy Crusades Reconquista Colonial Era now, right? right

Cheers! I shall eagerly anticipate the PM! :D

I did go for the NW wines spot. It just worked out well for right now - it's close and the worker turns to get it up and running allowed for a hill to be mined for the oracle project... almost a free city.

The southern site is a fantastic one, but felt we needed to do a little prep work for it post oracle. It needs Iron Working as the gems are useless otherwise. Also felt our road infrastructure and military were not up to supporting it.

Another strong site I'd consider is 2N of the stone. It can steal a Floodplain off the capital and has the cows and 1 irrigatable grassland... it gets the copper and has a pair of grassy hills. It's a strong hammer city, if a touch food weak... With Stone/Marble and it's chunk of forests it looks a great candidate to chop out the wonder of our choosing...

My 2 cents would be to settle that one and then the Gems/Corn city with IW. And do both fairly quickly!

Hehe, REXing yay! I'll be sure to play soon. Like, tomorrow. Or tonight.

Okay, game! First, here's the turnlog, just in case you want to read it:

Spoiler :
Never mind, I forgot to activate it. Oh well, hopefully I explained things well enough!

Now, we begin in 1200 BC, and we need some REXing done. Well fine. But doesn't look like we'll be doing much of that my turnset, what with Const building an Oracle for 8 turns of it. So I'll have to hand the REXing to someone else, unless I get it done in Thess. But for now... nothing happens!

Turn 1 - I finally notice that we're doing Binary Research... well, that will be a new thing for me! Still, I think I can do it.

I also notice this:

The Babylonians are creeping up on us... those pigs are MINE! MINE I SAY!

Turn 2 - Thess finishes a Chariot. So I will start up a Settler! Yush. It will be due in 8 turns, or in other words the rest of my turnset.

I send a Worker over to improve the Marble tile, then I look up and realize we don't have Masonry. I'm not used to not having Masonry this late, I gotta admit.

Turn 3 - Nothing really happens. I mean, sure, worker stuff, but hey.

Turn 4 - BUG mod helpfully tells me that I can hurry the Oracle. Now, I'm kinda paranoid about not getting wonders, so I sacrifice 2 population to get our wonder.

Turn 5 - Sitting Bull asks for Open Borders. I can't remember how we're supposed to do diplomacy, so I say no.

Oh, and we get this:

And we also get Confucianism as well!

Yup, we have Code of Laws now. And a religion! I immediately convert to said religion:

Const begins a chariot, because I couldn't figure out a better idea.

Turn 6 - We get Masonry!

Constantinople gets Confused on its own, so my missionary moves to Thessalonica instead! I also begin work on Iron Working.

Turn 7 - The missionary spreads Confusedianism to Thess, and so all of our cities have it now. Yay religion!

Turn 8 - Worker actions. A couple of people are .7 in power with us... we should fix that.

Turn 9 - Literally, nothing. Nothing at all.

Turn 10 - The Great Wall gets built, and we are now the worst enemy of Suleiman. Wonderful...

Thess builds a settler, who I leave in the city for the next person to use. I also had it start building a Monastery, but that's not necessary and you can change it if you want. So we're in position to make a 4th city, and we have Masonry and Confusedianism. Lastly, here is the save:

BC 875

I hope you have a good time with this!

Not a good time right now, so I'll have to ask for a skip.

Top Bottom