Iran Iraq War Mod+Scenario

Its very sad this mod is not ready yet after 4(four) years of development. But its a good think you still working on it! :goodjob:

stolenrays,

maybe this thing is something from bug?

in the mrege i did with your code - i removed all the bull bug stuff,

would you like me to upload my merged sdk? basically im gonna use your code with platy ui.

i only did the sdk, compiled it, but didnt have time yet to edit the python.

stolenrays,

maybe this thing is something from bug?

in the mrege i did with your code - i removed all the bull bug stuff,

would you like me to upload my merged sdk? basically im gonna use your code with platy ui.

i only did the sdk, compiled it, but didnt have time yet to edit the python.

Yes, I'd like to see your source code. The error is only in my mod not v1.6 and not in the K-Mod or BUG.

I might need some help with it too.

Sorry, Tigranes. It was ready before my last update. I think I messed up the sliders with my KMOD merge. I'll have to take a look at the C++ and the BUG Mod again to fix it.

There were some issues (like inability of transports to carry troops and umimprovable ancient sites) even before the merger with K-mod. Did you fix those? If yes, I would gladly play PBEM without K mod, who needs better AI when you got humans :D

Seriously, all we read about during any given year is Middle East. It's time to play it already!:ar15:

stolenrays ,

ok dude, currently i got the dll ready, thought i havent used it yet and i didnt implement the python,

would you like to get it and see what you can do with it?

i would recomend you move to platypings ui, and abandon bug :)

im currently updating my barsoom mod, and i didnt get to the new dll part ...

Tigranes
im from israel :) the heart of the middle east :) and its warm here, rockets from gaza and sweating from the sun....i dont leave my air condition ..:)

@Keldath. Glad to know you are doing well friend.

I've kept some parts of the bug dll, but don't use the python. I've been thinking of using Platyping pedia and UI soon. What do you like about it? BUG to me is harder to merge.

@Tigranes. Great, I'm going to work on fixing the issues really quick. I'd love to do a PBEM game with you.

well, platy is much eaier to merge,

i think platy did far better useful work then bug, it offers more options, super great platypedia,
great screens for religion, corps and more, advisors, and more.

so tell me if you want me to upload the dll files.

and thanks. so far, we all ok here :)

@Tigranes. Great, I'm going to work on fixing the issues really quick. I'd love to do a PBEM game with you.

Would you be interested to start on something simple, before your mod will be ready? 1948 mod I :bump: recently has a great potential for a fast play, which allows a lot of building and teching, and not just non stop fighting. One human can control Iran, one Iraq and USSR, and the last one Israel and Western Block (renamed British). Kelldath is welcome too. :goodjob:

@keldath I have a great childhood friend in Ashdod, which is very close to Gaza. So naturally I am following all the developments very closely. Somehow Gaza related news overshadowed even crazy situation in Iraq, and Syria in local American media. Summer of 2014 indeed proved to be very hot for Middle East.

hey,
thanks for the invite, it is a nice offer, not sure ill hav etime to play the same time you guys online...
but lets see what stolen says.

nice to hear, and ashdod is indeed under fire, im located more north, far from the fire range.
yeah i know that world media have lots of events this crazy summer indeed, israeli media supply none stop images and reports, they showed us some funny stuff being reported in world media - many wrong info sometimes :)
i hope, it will end soon for both sides.

I can definetely do a PBEM for the 1948 mod. I really like WWII in the pacific though. I've never done PBEM so let me know how it works or what you want to do. I can be any civ, I don't mind.

At least there's a beach to go to right, Keldath?

I fixed the slider bug. Well, temporarily. I reverted some of the code to v1.6 without the K-Mod for the AI_doCommerce function. I'll have to try and look at kMOD to see what I missed in the future.

hey,
thanks for the invite, it is a nice offer, not sure ill hav etime to play the same time you guys online...
but lets see what stolen says.

PBEM -- play by email -- is not online. You can play your turn whenever you can, may take years to finish one game.

War in Pacific is a great scenario, but I played it with humans already 3 times! And I was waiting for Iran-Iraq so long, even tested it to see if one can play it with 4 players.

With all this middle east news I just thought to myself -- it would be fun to start from the start 1948 -- and see how things would look like in 2014...

Download and install 1948 mod (very small, 30+ MB) and play as Israel few turns just to get a feel.
I will inform you guys about the rest after few tests.

SVN version shows an error message about tag TECH_RADIO in XML somewhere. I was still been able to load the game though... But it takes way to long "waiting for other civs" as Israel. Something must go wrong in loops before Israel's turn...

A small note seems the leader of Israel has the same name as the one from palestina 'Yasser Arafat', unless someone else already noticed this?

Is it possible to play this scenario/mod with the "Captured cities art mod" and "puppet state mod" at the same time?

I really like these mods and think they add stuff that the game needs, but this scenario looks great too.

Thanks

Also when I load the mod from civ4 BTS it just takes me to my desktop and does nothing, I installed the mod in the program files / civ4 / bts/ mods folder by making a new folder called iran_iraq_war and extracting the mod files there!

Top Bottom