Iron and Blood: Redux - Game Thread

Emperor Castro knew that the future of the Caribbean depended on industrialization. His commencement speech for the new factory that opened in Havana, however, had to be put on hold while he recovered from food poisoning. Had he been a despot, he probably would've had the chef shot but all is forgiven.

The most important thing, right now, is industrialization. However, election season is near and therefore, the system needed to be set up. Lazily, he ordered qualified men to deal with it while he recovered.

2 IC into Stability
2 IC into a Factory

May 1826 - Nova Scotia

"Robert, wha's 'at frenchman awbody's bletherin aboot?" asked the 15 year old Princess to the middle aged Clansman. It was a wet day with the rain coming down like a sheet and the young Girl and her guardian sat in a roadside cafe in the sleepy town of Amherst close to the Nova Scotia-New Brunswick border. The town was alight with news of the young Napoleon's increasing growth in power.

"He's a auld keeng frae France lassie." Robert replied absently. He tired to make it seem as if the prospect didn't worry him, but it did. The idea of a new France rising in Quebec could have bad consequences for the Jacobite plans to instate the poor girl as Queen of the Scots in Nova Scotia. The territories would most likely end up under the dominion of this New France and then the Jacobites would have to look else where. But where to? There were no other real Scottish lands. Some nobles argued that Darien could be a possibility but that project had been a failure; New Caledonia there hadn't lasted long enough to make a lasting impact.

She turned her face to him with an innocent smile and said "Ay, but he's anely saxteen."

Robert laughed at her. She gave him a look that seemed to say 'that wasn't a joke' and Robert cleared his throat before saying, "His faither wis Napoleon."

Marie Charlotte nodded understandingly. "He maun be waesome an dowie; puir wee man." She answered in a melancholy tone seeming a bit far off. "He's awfu bonnie tho."

"Ye think so lassie?" Robert said laughing again.

"Haud yer wheesht, shuirly ye ken he's bonnie." She replied with a look of utter seriousness on her face that made Robert stop his jesting.

"Ye really think so"

"Aye, A dae."

Emperor Castro Shot!​
Beloved Emperor Battles for life following an attempt on his life by....​
--------

"Our beloved Emperor, while giving a speech to commemoration the opening of a consumer goods factory in Havana, was shot thrice in the chest by radical anarchists. The anarchists, who have been identified as two African immigrants, were dealt with swiftly by the Emperor's Guard. This assassination, for the Emperor may not be alive come tomorrow, was supposed to trigger an uprising of the aristocrats to roll back the democratic institutions that threatened their hold over the people and resources.

Thanks to the military, the parties responsible have already been arrested. A Supreme Council of the Military has placed the Caribbean Sun under Emergency Law, a provision in the Constitution which allows the Supreme Council to implement strict curfews and restrict public gathering until the Emergency is over. As we speak, the aristocracy of the Caribbean Sun, long a tumor on her harmonious political platform, is being dealt with. We are unsure how or why the Anarchists and Aristocracy have found it fit to work together.

More as this story develops..."

This story is approved by the Supreme Military Council of the Transitional State of the Caribbean Sun

Orders will lock at 0800 EST tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

Everyone has their orders in and I have had no objections at this time.

Also – quick rule update: The max RP Culture points you can get per turn is 300.

I am considering joining, are there any spots left?

Still 2 spots left! Europe is a little crowded, although most of North America looks empty if you start this turn. Create your nation and get orders in quick!

Still 2 spots left! Europe is a little crowded, although most of North America looks empty if you start this turn. Create your nation and get orders in quick!

So I just create a nation anywhere? I guess I should probably read the rules...

Yeah IOTs are different from NESes. You see a blank territory on the map on the front page, claim it, and fill out the sign up form for your nation that is also on the front page. Then just spend your 4 IC however you want in your orders.

Go Europe :D

This would increase the chance of you getting split between the rest of europe in some 7 on 1 war. Dont listen to hoplite.

Yep – pick a nation you want to be, then take a look at the rules and let me know if you have any questions. Right now Africa and Asia look to be the lightest in density. The map on the first page shows where everyone is already.

Don’t be daunted by the rules either. There is a lot there, but it is not all that hard to figure out and you will learn with the progression of the game. Also let me know if you have any questions about anything.

I am getting ready to do the first update, but I’ll hold off until you have made your decision to play so that you can start on equal footing with the rest of the players.

The Empire of Brazil (Or just Brazil)
Flag:

Territory: Brazil, near the center of South America.

History: For a long time, a huge colony in South America of Brazil was controlled by the Muslim al-Andalus. While the colony was mainly Muslim, the Christians living in it wanted to create an independent Brazil, controlled by Catholics. One of these Pro-Christians was named Pedro Santoro, who had moved to Spanish Peru, and then into Brazil. He dreamed of uniting the Catholics and overthrowing the Muslim government. In 1776, inspired by the American Revolution, Santoro formed a secret group called la Liga Católica, or the Catholic League. The league gained popularity, and soon its numbers were in the hundreds. As a single group, they marched upon the colonial government in Rio de Janeiro, claiming they would unite the muslims and christians in Brazil under a single, independent government, although this obviously wasn't true. Luckily, many fell for it, and began taking arms against the government in Portugal.

Eventually, the militia in Brazil were overwhelmed by the rebels. So al-Andalus sent in troops from the mainland and elsewhere. At first, the rebels were having a hard time, such as the Massacre at Sao Paulo in 1779. But even more joined their ranks, and soon Spain supported the Brazilian rebels and declared war on al-Andalus. By 1781, al-Andalus was entirely collapsed, and decided to sue for peace. In the Treaty of Lisbon, al-Andalus was forced to give up it's African colonies and recognize Brazil as a nation. Brazil had won.

After the Treaty of Lisbon, while many nations had already recognized the state, it didn't really have a government. Eventually they decided upon creating a constitution similar to that of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, a constitutional monarchy. King Pedro Santoro agreed to the ratification of the First Amendment on July 11, 1782. However, the king could almost limitlessly change the constitution, and Santoro claimed himself Emperor of Brazil, with a powerful grip on the nation. He soon removed the rights of muslims, creating much anger within the nation. In 1788, a group of muslims attempted to overturn the government, but they were destroyed.

In 1802, Pedro I (now that he has a son, Pedro II) died at the age of 48, probably from yellow fever. His son, Pedro II, at the young age of 19. While he modernized the army and encouraged the growth of education, he was anti-muslim, and tried to lower ther numbers. He stripped them of education, and encouraged immigration from other European countries to lower the ratio of muslims to christians in Brazil.

Geography

Climate: Mainly wet, especially in the Amazon.

Terrain: Slightly mountainous in the east, but much smoother in the west.

Natural resources: Silver, Gold, Diamonds, Sugar, Coal

People

Population: Around 32 million according to the 1830 Census (Done every 10 years)

Capital: Rio de Janeiro

Religions: Largely muslim, over 70%. The rest is mainly Catholics, some Protestants, and the other 1% are other religions.

Government

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy

Administrative Regions: 16 Districts

National Holidays:
Independence Day: January 18 (1782)

Constitutions:

1st Constitution: ratified July 11, 1782

Suffrage: 21 year old males.

Economy

Currency: Brazilian peso

(Likely) Trading Partners: Argentina, Central America, Mexico

Military

Name: Brazilian Army

Military Service Age: 16 years old.

Other Stuff

National Goals: have a dense industrial base, have the most advanced science, Dominate the continent.

South Africa, Japan, Egypt, Oregon, California, Canton, are all good options with plenty of room to expand.

Alliances are forming already ... so it pays to be a good diplomat as well.

Well after looking at the rules, I guess I'll give this a shot, though my understanding of the rules will likely be very limited these first few turns.

Nation name: Southrica
Flag:
Color: Brown
Capital: South Africa
Description: The lands in South Africa had remained tribal for quite a long time until the emergence of powerful warlords that managed to divide up the area into various empires that were still fairly primitive. However, when South Africa was initally visited by the Europeans and gunpowder was introduced, chaos insued. Eventually, a tenous union was made between a few of the most powerful individuals in the land, but this state remained very weak and unstable. In an attempt to counter this and retain control the regime was very oppressive. Then ten years ago, a young, extremely intelligent and charismatic man named Baruti Kopano. He was very idealistic and a man of rational thought. Through his cleverness and his ability to connect with people he managed to take power. He has complete power of the country and plans to shape as close as possible to his ideals.
Government: Dictatorship.
Religion: Free Religion (Most practicing people are Pagans, christian, or muslim)
People: Africans
Culutre: the influnce of the tribal past is rapidly fading. Traditions and family ties are still important however.
National Goals: Expand peacefully, become a place of scientific of cultural enlightenment.

Southrica
2IC to begin economic domination of mozambique
2IC for a factory in South Africa.

So did I do that right? Also I am correct in assuming that we get on 4 IC even though we have 5 factories?

You are correct. We start with our stability at 80%, so we can only spend 80% of our base IC.

IC: Yay! A new African nation!
OOC: Dammit, a new African nation. Now it's probably gonna get partitioned. I sodding hate partitions.

Welcome Frozen! You did everything correct. No worries on figuring it all out. There are a few new IB players here and the game will ramp up fairly slowly. Of course you can ask me any questions you may have.

@everyone else: Watch out! A new IOT player playing his first IOT game in IB starting in South Africa… just saying… :p

Top Bottom