Is Casimir the new Hiawatha?

I rarely see either Catherine or Wu having more than 3 cities.

I've found the opposite. Catherine usually has the most widespread empire in my games unless stymied by another empire. In my current game she's the largest empire on my continent with 20ish cities while everyone else has around 6-9.

I don't know, personally, I feel like Hiawatha is still the old Hiawatha!

I've found the opposite. Catherine usually has the most widespread empire in my games unless stymied by another empire. In my current game she's the largest empire on my continent with 20ish cities while everyone else has around 6-9.

Really ? :lol:
In nearly all of my games she never built more than 3 cities despite having such an abundant rich land around her :crazyeye:

Casimir... I've never had a problem with, I always destroy him.

Shaka, Hiawatha and Alexander... Those are the Civ's I fear the most.

Oh and the Huns, God damn do I hate the huns. If you find them early on, no problem, but if you're separated by a continent... they become a threat.

Oh and the Huns, God damn do I hate the huns. If you find them early on, no problem, but if you're separated by a continent... they become a threat.

I actually would love seeing them as a threat and acting like a real Hun that we fear IRL. But yet in my games they always end up as a backwards 3rd World State whether they're in the same continent or not :lol: The one that is always powerful as hell were the Mongolians. They DO act like real Mongols.

Yeah, I've noticed her going pretty expansive in my games. She also seems to love conquering city states for some reason. Rarely do I see her attacking other Civs (apart for dogpile wars of course), but she's always after the CSs.

Yeah, I've noticed her going pretty expansive in my games. She also seems to love conquering city states for some reason. Rarely do I see her attacking other Civs (apart for dogpile wars of course), but she's always after the CSs.

Haven't seen her do that yet (she hasn't been attacked/attacked anyone yet in current game) but she's isolated from CS at the moment. I'm playing Continents Plus on Large and my continent had a dearth of CS, I found three (and was the first to meet them) around our continent far off the coast, most are on the other continent, which I found odd that out of 20 CS only 3 were near our continent while the other 17 were on the other one.

And oddly enough I explored the second continent before Renaissance since there was a narrow corridor of coast between a few CS to the west leading to it's coast.

Playing Shaka Emperor, going for Domination on a Continents map. After millennia of war and exploration, I finally met the other continent and it's ... Hiawatha and Casimir.

It was my first time seeing Casimir (just got BNW) and it's a sea of red over there. He's the points leader, and is a few techs ahead of me. To my surprise, Hiawatha had the smallest empire I've ever seen him hold, thanks to Polish expansion.

I'd be worried, except that Casimir's capital is coastal. Time to build up the Frigate fleet ...

First, though, I think I'll let Casimir conquer Onondaga.

Last game, Ethiopia Immortal.
I went for ICS faith Sacred rites, fast CV. First neigboor Hiawatha, 9 tiles next Addis Abeba. Second neighboor Casimir, 9 tiles too.
I lost :(
Hiawatha or Casimir alone, it's ok. But together at war T80, it's a bit harder.

I actually would love seeing them as a threat and acting like a real Hun that we fear IRL. But yet in my games they always end up as a backwards 3rd World State whether they're in the same continent or not :lol: The one that is always powerful as hell were the Mongolians. They DO act like real Mongols.

Opposite for me. Huns can become a quick runaway if they aren't stopped early, but Mongolia is almost always wiped out or marginalized early on. In my games, Genghis enjoys declaring war on city states half a continent away from his borders, which only angers every other AI. You end up with situations where literally every other AI DoWs him.

Following up on my last post, my clever strategem of letting Casimir conquer Hiawatha's capital for me just backfired. Apparently they changed how Domination works in BNW ...

I cripple Casmir as soon as I find him. If he isn't close, I pay to make him die. Almost as annoying as Shaka or Monty as a neighbour, so I treat him the same. He dies/crippled ASAP.

Hiawatha shouldn't be so scary. He is friendly and often wont attack you. However if you are on the same continent with him take him out while he is still spamming his 1 pop cities, thats when he is most vulnerable. Casimir on the other hand, really likes to make a huge mounted army. Get spears, fast. Then there is Alex, biggest prick of all. Not only he dows u, u makes sure every CS dows u too so u wont get any bonus from them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Cathy likes liberty and really likes piety, which makes her less of a threat militarily. I would like to see an AI play russia like they should with all those uniques and go domination. Also with China, what a waste of a UA and UU. I know lady Wu doesn't like war and Firaxis wants a female leader whenever possible. If they were to go with Qin Shihuang, they could make China AI pretty scary. This is where randon personalities help, maybe one day you get a super aggressive China GG bombing in your face..

I've continued to see Hiawatha city spam and stay in the top 3.

Casimir, however, has not fared well in any of my games. He typically has lost his capital or another city by the time I meet him.

Alexander is still a butthole every time. I hate him. I even play with the advanced settings mod so I can deselect him...

Polynesia also gets deselected. They're UA was just odd before BNW but now with the World Congress, guess who does the founding EVERY time. That and the fact that Polynesia is more of a concept than an empire.

Catherine does expand like crazy, but she's also very aggressive and angers lots of other AI civs, so she has trouble trading luxuries and keeping her Happiness up, and there are some games where everyone gangs up on her and they wipe her out. Iroquois and Poland seem to be much more passive, turtle A.I.s when they are in my games. But they still do a good job of building a sizeable and technologically-advanced military, so if anyone does try to invade Iroquois or Poland, they will usually crush the invader, and can often turn around and conquer the aggressor civ.

Top Bottom