Is it just me?

paulcarri

Prince
Is it just me that finds the victory screens a bit underwhelming and an anti climax?

Just got my first domination win in my lunch break (emp, carthage) and got... a static screen with the replay button not working??) . I know after seeing the vid a lot people didnt watch it but still... it just feels a huge anti climax

Or maybee its just me?

Replay button isn't working? What is it that don't work.

And, yes, they could make four (hmm, five) end movies or something. Could be nice.

It is g&k dunno if that matters, but basically i press it and nothing happens at all?

I can vaguely remember the first game I won (Dom) and thinking the victory screen was great - sadly I can't recapture that feeling! I also sometimes get a broken replay, which is the single biggest annoyance as I find the most satisfying part of a Dom victory is to go back through the messages log reliving old war stories ("Oh yes, I remember that HMS Victory nearly got sunk when I captured Palenque" etc.) - sad I know! I find the map replay goes too fast (I know you can pause it), and it would be great if the map and messages screen could be combined; and the ratings screen could also do with an update (may have happened in BNW?). Apart from that I wouldn't change a thing... :)

Regarding the replay button, I usually press reply, select map and then play ... or something like that. But if you don't select maps, then nothing much happens (I think).

Edit: You can also see it afterward. It is somewhere in the menu. I don't remember where.

I can vaguely remember the first game I won (Dom) and thinking the victory screen was great - sadly I can't recapture that feeling! I also sometimes get a broken replay, which is the single biggest annoyance as I find the most satisfying part of a Dom victory is to go back through the messages log reliving old war stories ("Oh yes, I remember that HMS Victory nearly got sunk when I captured Palenque" etc.) - sad I know! I find the map replay goes too fast (I know you can pause it), and it would be great if the map and messages screen could be combined; and the ratings screen could also do with an update (may have happened in BNW?). Apart from that I wouldn't change a thing... :)

Yeah i love replaying to watch the march of the british empire etc..so was kinda gutted ;)

The military victory video in Civ 4 is so freakin' epic.

I think this is the first one without vids?

i liked the old little touches, anyone remember the city view screens? such as civ 1 with just the foot of the colossus in the background - and your citizens shown etc :)

the game is growing on me though, i dont play it incessantly as i did 4, but i think thats civ burnout more than anything

Underwhelming, without a doubt. He says it, but it sure doesn't feel like the world will long remember my glorious triumph. A cinematic would be nice.

Top Bottom