Is Pitboss for me?

mmm_ok

Chieftain
Hi guys,

Just wondering if I could get some advise. After reading about Pitboss - I think it might be something I might like.

I lost interest in playing CIV4 online because I found that almost every game I ever joined never finished. Most people lose interest after 3 hours if they're not winning and it is near impossible to get the same poeple back to continue a game on a different day.

I like the sound of a game that lasts over many days. And I like the idea of playing only an hour or two a night - I've got a life besides CIV.

So my question is, what is a pitboss game like? Is this for me?

The other thing is that I really don't know where to start... is there a board where pitboss games are advertised and who take pitboss noobs?

Thanks for any advice,
mmm_ok

Well, don't expect an hour or two every night. Some PTBS games have 'sessions' of play periodically (or just in the beginning to gert thru the borring years) but for the most part each PTBS game that you play in will take only minutes of your time each day.

This is what I like about PTBS. I only have very little free time each day, and don't have a regular enough schedule to play in a long term game that meets at the same time each day, anyway. PTBS lets me choose which minutes of my day I devote to it, and it's not nearly as slow at a PBEM game :)

CB is right that most Pitboss games (at least the ones you'll find here) are not played in sessions of an hour or so, but in fact are played one turn at a time, one turn a day. This type of play leads to greater diplomacy potential since you can send emails between turns without trying to finish the deal before the turn timer counts down, being able to think ahead more clearly, etc.

This board is definatly a good place to look for and advertise Pitboss games.

Top Bottom