Is there an AI mod that makes this worth playing yet?

Peng Qi

Emperor
Every few months I come back to Civ 6, try the latest AI mod, and am consistently disappointed that the AI is still effectively braindead. I have very low expectations; I just want the AI to be about as competent as it was in Civ 5, where its war strategy was "build giant swarm to try to overwhelm the player" and the rest of the game it just tried to econ and tech up. Last time I tried Civ 6, the AI still didn't know how to switch to a war economy, making conquest trivial unless I cranked the difficulty way up, at which point war only wasn't trivial because the AI started with so many bonuses and I just couldn't keep up at all.

Diplomacy AI was still dumb as hell, too, with the AI overvaluing its arbitrary desires and ignoring real political considerations ("How dare you have more luxuries than me?" "Oh sweet we both have cities on the same continent!").

And of course the "religious combat" subgame was a tedious wreck and no fun at all.

So is any of this any better? Is there an AI mod out there that makes this game worth playing? Did the devs do something about "religious combat" being a boring slog? I miss Civ.

EDIT: Oh, and city-states! Have they fixed this so you can actually protect your alleged allies without pissing everyone off yet?

In other words, you will never be happy unless Firaxis paid all your bills for you for the rest of your life. We have seen this thread a thousand times. We get it. You hate the game. Play something else.

In other words, you will never be happy unless Firaxis paid all your bills for you for the rest of your life. We have seen this thread a thousand times. We get it. You hate the game. Play something else.
No, in other words I literally haven't posted on the forum in almost a year and was coming back to check to see if things have improved. I AM playing something else. If they had fixed things, then I'd play this again. That's why I asked the question.

AI+ hasn't been updated in quite a while as far as I know. You could try Real Strategy which does try to improve AI decision making and focus on victory types (including diplomatic). I don't think it'll address attacking city-states though. I did notice they spam larger armies if they are military-focused. Perhaps try it in combination with SM Balanced Difficulty or another difficulty mod. The September update already improved the AI behavior to some extent even without mods, but only you can decide if the changes (and mods) make the game worth playing for you or not. These are just suggestions you could try that might improve your experience.

Top Bottom