Is there an undo command?

nicky1243

Chieftain
It too easy to screw up the direction you try to send a unit and to pick the wrong unit so we need an Undo command. I thought the older versions had this but I can't remember what it was. Is there a hot key or command to immediately undo your previous command?

I get that feeling a lot as well, camera jumps to a unit of the same type and somehow I have the previous unit still selected and off he goes in some random direction rather then prepare for his real orders lol. Might be a mod for it somewhere but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Not that I'm aware of in Civ V. I don't recall an undo in any previous Civ game either.

Closest is to save each and every time before you move anything so you could reload if you misclick. But the AI makes a lot more mistakes than the human.

Even when i make a big mistake by error i dont reload just because of reload time...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Just imagine the scumming options with that. "Let me just move that scout there...oops, theres barbs there. UNDO."

I set it to autosave every move just because of the UI bugs that cause you to move the wrong unit or whatever. If it is a small mistake I don't bother due to the reload time, but sometimes it is pretty critical.

Quicksave and quickload = F11 and F12 respectively

otherwise, you have to hope there was an autosave.

In civ undo will be cheating as any move give you information.
no.
not when you go to a square you have developed and instead of advancing on an enemy unit you click the pillage option and destroy your own square while the enemy unit is now free to do anything

You cannot pillage your own tiles, but I agree the UI is twitchy. To this day, even though I am know I am prone to do, a work boat will spawn and I throw a garrisoned unit into the water. Mostly nowadays it makes me laugh.

i've pillaged my own tiles once or twice. maybe they patched that. i should install the newest civ iii version, but am too lazy to do so. it could be because it was enemy territory in the past, before i conquered it

Panzer General (anno 1994) had a very easy solution for that: there was undo command - as long as you did not discover new info (unit in the fog of war, etc). It could still be abused (recon had 8 moves, so you could take step by step until you found something) but it is a good system overall.

Just imagine the scumming options with that. "Let me just move that scout there...oops, theres barbs there. UNDO."

Top Bottom