Is there any time/tun limit?

bofik

Chieftain
I'm going to buy this game, but I need to know if there are any time/tuns limits, if so can I turn them off? I just want to play never ending game.

In a normal game you have 300 turns to declare independence then another 100 turns to win the war of independence and after you have won you can play on, so in that sense the game is limitless.

There are three other alternatives to the normal game - Quick (225 turns), Epic (450 turns) and for a really long game Marathon (900 turns).

What if I uncheck all three victory conditions? Then I will be able to play newer ending game?

That might work, however I have never played that type of game myself. I guess if you can't declare independence then the other nations can't either. If you do play a game let us know how you get on.

Are you sure I will not be able to declare independence or any other realated things If this will not be a victory condition?

As far as I know that is correct. If you do not select any victory conditions then you will never be able to declare independence and time will not run out. But as I said I have not actually played such a game.

The Indians can still raze your colonies though. ;)

Too bad, I hate any kind of rushing in games. Two more questions, assuming I win the game, I will be able to continue the game?, and assuming I lose the game when 400 turns limit exipire, then I will be able to continue the game and declare independence or the war of independence in later time?

Yes you can continue to play the game when you win the war of Independence. If you lose the game on time however then you can still continue to play but you cannot declare independence since you have already lost.

If you don't like being rushed by the presence of indian tribes around your colony then you can reduce the number you select at the start of the game and that should give you a bit more breathing space. Experimant by trying different starting combinations and map sizes and then look at the map with WorldBuilder to see what kind of map it produces. This will give you an idea of what parameters best suit your game. You can in fact create a map with no indians at all, and no other Europeans either.

I don't like being rushed not by the presence of indian but turns limit.

I can't experiment different starting combinations because I didn't buy the game yet, and I probably will not buy in these circumstances.

Thanks for a help.

If you are like what happened to me, you most likely will find the game in a games shop at a very reduced price. After all, AFAIK CivIV/Col is already been released for a couple of years or so. Or try Amazon online, I have seen a copy there the other day for under US$6.00 for sale.

I only started to play the game 2 weeks ago after buying it very cheap too and I sure can recommend it. It also helps to read the "strategy+tips" section here in this forum (top menu) should you play the game as the little booklet that came with my game is not showing much other than describing what is what.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

If you set it to Marathon I think you wil find that 900 turns is not really a limit. By 300 turns on a huge map I can almost have the entire thing settled. 900 turns would be :eek:

I too, despise time limits in any games. I am currently playing a custom game on marathon with independence as the only victory condition. It is currently 1830 and I'm still playing away in my own alternate historical timeline lol.

Talking about games that go on forever, is there a maximum limit on the tax rate? I think the highest I've seen it is at 57% or something. In my current game I'm at 43% at turn 166 (ish). On a Marathon game, how do you avoid 100% taxes? I guess you need to keep a few natives and competeing colonies around just for trade purposes?

Talking about games that go on forever, is there a maximum limit on the tax rate? I think the highest I've seen it is at 57% or something. In my current game I'm at 43% at turn 166 (ish). On a Marathon game, how do you avoid 100% taxes? I guess you need to keep a few natives and competeing colonies around just for trade purposes?

The highest tax rate I've seen in a game is 97%. Ouch!

That was in a pre-patch game though and I don't think the tax increases are quite as savage now. Also the tax rate is fixed when you declare independence and all boycott's are lifted. So you can start to refuse tax increases as you approach your declaration.

Top Bottom