Is there any way to check when Civ5 will go on sale?

LoneRebel

Emperor
Specifically, G&K. I have the base game and BNW already. Is there any way to check when it'll go on a Steam sale? Aside from logging on to Steam every day and checking every day, I mean? That seems pretty tedious, and even then I might miss it. I was wondering if there was a more foolproof method.

Especially now that it's the season of Steam summer sales...

Keep an eye on cheapshark.com.

Thanks. Any chance it'll be possible to buy only G&K alone on sale, or will it be necessary to buy the complete edition?

Well, if you don't have all DLCs it will probably be cheaper to buy the complete edition. It was only 13 EUR last week, GNK alone was 7, and all DLCs while cheap (1-2e ea.) add up to more than this.

Thank you! These are exactly the sources I'm looking for. I'm honestly amazed that websites like isthereanydeal.com actually exist. Then again, they have sites for everything these days; I shouldn't be too surprised.

Oh, and also, does adding items to your Steam wishlist cause you to receive notifications when they go on sale? I added G&K to my wishlist just in case that's true. Couldn't add the complete edition though for some reason.

Oh, and also, does adding items to your Steam wishlist cause you to receive notifications when they go on sale? I added G&K to my wishlist just in case that's true. Couldn't add the complete edition though for some reason.

It should, but in practice, I tend to only receive notifications after I've already bought something. Not sure if it's a setting on my preferences or what.

I've just taken to checking my wishlist for green every day instead.

There were multiple reports of people on the steam forums not getting notifies when the last 24h-discount started, so I'd be careful with that.

I'm pretty sure that the game will be included in the summer sale (always has been), so that's probably the time when you want to check the daily. Keep in mind that discounts stay active until the end of the sale, except for community choices and flash sales - so there's really no need to buy it for 25% or even 50% as long as there are still some days left - it might go down to 75% at some point.

Just one thing.

If you lack GnK, you most likely don't have some DLCs either. If it is the case, you'll be much better off buying "gold upgrade" that costs as much as GnK alone but will also add all pre-BNW DLCs to your game.

Complete pack is $25 now. GnK is $15.

Wait for it. I'm sure it'll be cheaper at some point in the next week.

Just one thing.

If you lack GnK, you most likely don't have some DLCs either. If it is the case, you'll be much better off buying "gold upgrade" that costs as much as GnK alone but will also add all pre-BNW DLCs to your game.

Yes, it's true. I don't have any DLCs yet except the Mongolia one. What is this "gold upgrade"? I haven't been able to find it.

Not sure if this is a better deal that what's on Steam now, but New Egg has G&K and BNW for $6.38 each. Details here. (Civ IV for $5.77, too.)

Top Bottom