Is this an exploit?

Desertsnow

πr²
In a recent game I missed out on a late AA wonder (Great Library I think, if I'm wrong then it's Great Wall), with it three turns due, but one turn from achieving Feudalism. With nothing left in the cascade, instead of switching and wasting hundreds of shields I just played out the turn and waited for the Advisor popup (the one that says, 'Because we can't build suchandsuch'), and switched to Sun Tzu with 27 turns to spare. Is this an exploit?

no dude
that is not an exploit atoll

Cool. :)

I agree with Sweetchuck about the good timing! Seems like I read in another thread that you have just moved up to playing on Monarch level. You'll find it increasingly difficult to get some of those AA wonders, and whatever you can do to pre-build and manage those shields will be not an exploit, but a necessity if you want to get wonders. :)

It is acceptable to change from one build to another. Don't think of building something, think of buying it with x amount of shields sticker price. So your shield box shows your how much you have to buy a wonder/improvment/unit. It doesn't actually become that until you purchase it with the required shields, so as long as you aren't forced to buy something cheap you can keep those shields in the kitty until you want, that's how wonder cascades happen.

Just Tell Sun Tzu his war academy is long and twisting and can be seen from space, he won't mind ;)

"You know those pyramids we were building? Turns out the next door neighbour already has some of those, so I just piled loads of books in there instead. You can read them whenever you want, you never know what you might learn."

True. Actually I don't build Sun Tzu to completion nowadays as often as I did in my novice days, mainly because I usually have enough barracks by the time the wonder comes online that it is not really worth as much. It's usually a placeholder for Kaniggits Templar since I started playing Conquests.

@Bartleby: :rotfl:

does the great pyramid.mean you get a granary in every city existing or every city you build in future as well

Every city, existing or to be built, on the same landmass.

Not an exploit at all; that is in fact what people mean by a "prebuild". Doing this intentionally -- i.e. starting on building the palace or a wonder you don't really want so as to build a reservoir of shields so as to build a desired wonder as soon as you have the technology to build it -- is what people around here mean when they/we say "prebuild."

Yeah, but if I'd switched during the turn I'd've missed out on any further options for Wonders for the cascade. Anyway, the consensus (read: unanimous opinion so far) is that it's not an exploit. Thanks, y'all. :)

not only that, if another civs builds the pyramids and then you take it, all their free granaris will disappear and you will get all free ones. Maybe they burn down or explode in a shower of grain...

A moment of feast, a generation of famine?

Top Bottom