IsrNES4: Novus Ordo Seclorum

Bei engaged.

OOC: Random thought - It's never stated what Training level newly created Ships and Troops will be at compared to the rest of one's military. Depending on how this works, the cost to upgrade a given number of units (2EP / 5,000 Troops / 25 Ships) might be ridiculously high in comparison.

The training level of new units is dependent on how many you purchase, the militancy of your culture, the number of troops you have now, the overall training of your nation as it stands, and many other factors. Sorry, but in this NES many things will go unwritten. Personally, I am not a rules fanatic, so if it is possible to make something more realistic without writing it down, that is what I will do.

@TerrisH- Post it! I will probably allow it, but I don't want too many nations, so there is the possibility that I will not.

Mercenaries currently under hire do not need to be paid each turn, correct? They will simply stay in our service for five turns and then leave unless we attempt to renew their contract.

Of Jiddah

A dust storm raged on the Arabian peninsula, engulfing the thriving port of Jiddah in sand. Ships dared not leave port, and the streets were silent but for the howling of the wind. The people of Arabia had long ago learned to stay inside when the winds picked up. For Jiddah, however, a greater storm was brewing than the dust now engulfing the city.

A fat, balding man sat upon a stool in one of the larger homes of the city. This man was the leader of the Lazuli Brotherhood, one of the most prominent trading guilds of the city. He was not happy with the requests of the tall and thin man sitting opposite him.

“I tell you, we will not pay tribute to the Malik in Himyar! Jiddah is a free and independent trading city, and so we shall remain. The Malik has not claim on jiddah’s sovereignty.”

The tall, thin man simply smirked. “The Malikate will get its due. I think, if you read your history, Brother, you will find that Jiddah was, in fact, founded by Himyar, long ago. You all owe us something, and the Lazuli owe us perhaps more. You remember the—ahh—affair involving the Sandsisters. It would be most ungracious of you not to reciprocate.”

He looked up for a moment to the cloth-covered window behind the fat and balding man. “Ah, I see the sandstorm is abating. Perhaps we could continue this chat at another time, maybe when the Lazuli Brotherhood is feeling more grateful. That time may come sooner than you think.”

He stood.

-----

Across the Red Sea, a flotilla of ships lay at anchor, waiting out the dust storm.

“We await the dying of the wind for the attack to begin. By nightfall, the dust should have settled. Tomorrow, Jiddah will be a paying member of Himyar once more.”

-----

“These cloth tents are barely sufficient shelter against the storm! Would it not have been wiser to simply close off Jiddah by sea?”

“Then they could resupply from the smaller local villages. Dust storms are to be expected, and they will give us the advantage of surprise. Jiddah will not be ready for an attack so soon after the storm dies down.”

“I would suspect that we, too, shall not be ready.”

“We will be ready, have no fear of that.”

-----

“I have secured the agreement of the Sandsisters, Brother. I trust that the Lazuli Brotherhood has not changed its mind?”

“We will not bow to the Malikate.”

“Good. You will not live long enough to have to. The Sandsisters are already opening the gates and lowering the chains. Good game, Brother.”

A look of terror crept across the face of the fat and bald man. The Malikate had come.

@Cuivienen- Correct, mercenaries are not payed every time but rather stay with you for the duration of their employment, unless situations force otherwise. Also, lovely story!

To: Kingdom of Asia, Trojan Empire, Dacia

Peace, brothers, peace. Our interests do not lie to the north, have no fear. We propose eternal peace between our nations, we extend the olive branch in your direction.

To: Cyprus, Carthaginian Empire

Every nation needs an ally if it hopes to survive past its infancy. We propose an alliance between our three nations, as I assume you all wish to see adulthood.

To Aram Damascus
From Kingdom of Dacia

We accept this peace. However, we wish to let it be established that our primary alliegance lies with the Trojan Empire and the Kingdom of Asia. Should either not accept this peace, and should you declare war on either, we will come to their aid.

To: Aram Damascus

We would like to lodge a request that the Jewish people of your nation be given full and complete religious freedom. It is not our desire to be enemies, but rather to work together as friends, and your tolerance of the Jewish faith is necessary to this end.

OOC: "Mamlaka" is the Arabic word; "Malikate" is the English word. "Malik" simply means "King" in English, so "Kingdom" would also be accurate. I will probably oscillate between Mamlaka and Malikate until I decide which I prefer.

From Caledonian Confederation
To Eire, Other Celtic Nations

High King Cináed of All the Picts is not opposed to a joint religous council to help bring the various sects of Druidism together. We do believe the threats of Germanic babarians pose a greater threat then ever before to our faiths and way of life and we will stand united with the other Celts in the face of their aggression.

A new united Celtic people and religion would bring great prosperity to our peoples and help ease past rivalries. We will take this slowly though to keep the traditions of each sect perserved to keep the followers of each faith content.

Confirming the Carthaginian Empire.

Azale said:
To: Cyprus, Carthaginian Empire

Every nation needs an ally if it hopes to survive past its infancy. We propose an alliance between our three nations, as I assume you all wish to see adulthood.

To Aram Damascus
From Carthaginian Empire

You despoiled the cities of Phoenicia, burning them to the ground and you expect us, the heirs of Phoenicia to accept an alliance with you? We decline your offer.

OOC: nothing personal, they just hate you ;)

When is the first deadline israelite? sorry if I missed it...

TO: Aram Damascus

We stand firm with our Hellenic brothers. Like Dacia, we will agree, but our first loyalty is to the Trojan Empire and the Kingdom of Dacia.

To: Malikate of Himyar

Of course, Elism is the official religion but we have no reason to persecute those who have resided in our country for so long.

@israelite, is there religious persecution currently being approved by the government in Aram Damascus? :p

Of Ba'alists, most likely, at a limited level. Practically ever nation at this point in time persecuted its religious minorities. However, the Jews are too numerous and too powerful in Aram Damascus to be persecuted on really any level.

Top Bottom