Issue with email subscription

CCRunner

Deity
I just got my first email subscription about four days ago and I've noticed an issue with it. It only emails me with updates on what has been posted when I'm logged on to CFC. Part of the reason I got the subscription was so that I could keep up with what's going on in Night of the Werewolves while I'm at school without doing a bunch of crap to get around the fact that forums are all blocked. Obviously if I have to be logged on to get the email then it's sort of self defeating.

The thread in question has 253 replies, about 150 of which I have been subscribed to via email. Yet I only have 40 messages in my inbox. I am definitely subscribed to each post and not the daily notification.

Can anything be done about this?

I haven't used e-mail subscription since early 2007, so this might not be correct, but doesn't it just send you a copy of the first thing to get posted since you logged off?

(So if there have been six posts in NotW since you logged off, you will only get a copy of the first.)

I haven't used e-mail subscription since early 2007, so this might not be correct, but doesn't it just send you a copy of the first thing to get posted since you logged off?

(So if there have been six posts in NotW since you logged off, you will only get a copy of the first.)
Well, it definitely sends me them when I'm logged on. Maybe you're right about only getting the first post once you're logged off though. I don't keep an exact record of when I'm on/off and tend to not check my email until lunch at school. If that's the case, I think it's a bad system. I want all posts in the thread emailed not just the first of 6.

The subscription feature doesn't alert you every time a new post is made. The notification email mentioned the following at the end of the email:

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Why does it have to be like that? On my phone, I can check my email but not go online, so I rely on that to keep me updated. Is there a way ton set it so it emails me with every update.

Maybe I could just keep my comp on all day, so I get the emails.

Sorry about reviveing this thread, but a new one seemed redundent.

Why does it have to be like that? On my phone, I can check my email but not go online, so I rely on that to keep me updated. Is there a way ton set it so it emails me with every update.
Its probably designed like it is to limit the number of e-mails being sent-out. CFC is already black-listed on some e-mail services as 'spam'.

Its probably designed like it is to limit the number of e-mails being sent-out. CFC is already black-listed on some e-mail services as 'spam'.
They must have been reading the site. :p

Top Bottom