Issues with BUG on mac and in multiplayer

Chronos I

Chieftain
Hi all. I installed BUG using AlanH's directions in the BUG thread in the Mac forum here and after having a problem with an empty tech advisor screen coming up when I start or load a game and having no interface once I exited out of the tech advisor screen I was able to fix it again with AlanH's help in another post. (his directions was to erase line 699 in the BugUtil.py file in the python folder inside the custom assets folder)
So now it works fine, but only in single player. When I try to play a multi player game the game starts in the tech advisor screen, this time with the appropriate tech tree, but again when I exit out of the tech advisor screen there is no interface.

I'd really like to help, but my Mac experience is limited. I had to use one for work for a few days, but I wound up accidentally backing over the stupid thing in my driveway (six times), and went back to Windows. :D

Yes, I reimbursed the hospital... :rolleyes:

I'd really like to help, but my Mac experience is limited. I had to use one for work for a few days, but I wound up accidentally backing over the stupid thing in my driveway (six times), and went back to Windows. :D

Yes, I reimbursed the hospital... :rolleyes:

Is this supposed to be a stupid mac joke? Thanks for you help... I was under the impression that the people involved in the development of this mod were not jackasses who start flamewars for no reason.

Is this supposed to be a stupid mac joke? Thanks for you help... I was under the impression that the people involved in the development of this mod were not jackasses who start flamewars for no reason.
I was actually looking through the code to see if I could help you, until I took a break and read this.

No, none of us are "jackasses", and nobody was flaming here except for you. Honestly, it was a silly little joke, and it wasn't intended to get your knickers in a twist. I was just having some fun. If you want to be a "sensitive Mac owner", feel free, but don't flame the rest of the team when you ask for help. I couldn't care less what you use for a computer, that's your choice, not mine. And I really was looking into this for you.

If you feel that slighted over a silly remark, complain to a mod, otherwise get over yourself or bite me.

[/Lemon]

So now it works fine, but only in single player. When I try to play a multi player game the game starts in the tech advisor screen, this time with the appropriate tech tree, but again when I exit out of the tech advisor screen there is no interface.

As I wrote in the other thread, you need to make the same change in the "Mods/BUG Mod x.x" folder for it to work in multiplayer. But keep in mind that all players in the game must install the same version of BUG and make the same fix the same way. This is just how Civ4 works.

I was actually looking through the code to see if I could help you, until I took a break and read this.

No, none of us are "jackasses", and nobody was flaming here except for you. Honestly, it was a silly little joke, and it wasn't intended to get your knickers in a twist. I was just having some fun. If you want to be a "sensitive Mac owner", feel free, but don't flame the rest of the team when you ask for help. I couldn't care less what you use for a computer, that's your choice, not mine. And I really was looking into this for you.

If you feel that slighted over a silly remark, complain to a mod, otherwise get over yourself or bite me.

[/Lemon]

Whatever. I'm not being sensitive, I am just frustrated because I have spent several days trying to fix this problem and the only response I get here is someone making fun of the type of computer I use. You can sit there and say you were trying to help me, but you didn't say anything about that in your first post, in fact you said sorry but you don't know much about macs, and then the rest of your post was just a joke, and a stupid one.

If you really wanted to help me solve my problem why didn't you just do that instead of making a dumb joke?

I propose we drop the whole Mac v. Windows thing without further comment and focus on solutions to the problem if you're still interested in getting BUG to work.

I propose we drop the whole Mac v. Windows thing without further comment and focus on solutions to the problem if you're still interested in getting BUG to work.
Agreed

Whatever. I'm not being sensitive, I am just frustrated because I have spent several days trying to fix this problem and the only response I get here is someone making fun of the type of computer I use. You can sit there and say you were trying to help me, but you didn't say anything about that in your first post, in fact you said sorry but you don't know much about macs, and then the rest of your post was just a joke, and a stupid one.

If you really wanted to help me solve my problem why didn't you just do that instead of making a dumb joke?
I usually have a tendency to make off hand remarks, and it's just pure silliness on my part. I wasn't making any comment on your choice of computer.

I didn't say anything in my OP, but later that day, I remembered that I have a friend with a Mac. After a discussion with him, I thought maybe that I understood enough to try and tackle the problem, or at least try to help figure it out. I read your reply when I logged on to post what I was doing about it.

I am sorry that you felt that I was mocking you. I wasn't. I'm now bowing out of this thread so that we don't further complicate matters.

Agreed

I usually have a tendency to make off hand remarks, and it's just pure silliness on my part. I wasn't making any comment on your choice of computer.

I didn't say anything in my OP, but later that day, I remembered that I have a friend with a Mac. After a discussion with him, I thought maybe that I understood enough to try and tackle the problem, or at least try to help figure it out. I read your reply when I logged on to post what I was doing about it.

I am sorry that you felt that I was mocking you. I wasn't. I'm now bowing out of this thread so that we don't further complicate matters.

Its fine, I like many people do the same thing sometimes, and I admit I also made more a thing of it than I should have.

I am still interested, AlanH said that one thing I should do is make a bug report, that you have instructions on how to make, however I can't find them. If you could point me to where your instructions are I would be very happy to provide a bug report.

Top Bottom