ITNES Ib Development Thread

As long as it comes soon, I am happy. Although, it would be nice to see Copenhagen free of the atheist scourge. I must say, I had the worst possible timing in my schedule during those few critical turns. *Sigh* I suppose I will just have to find something else.

Keep eco centers. They are the best way to show trade etc. without overcomplicating things. Trade routes are always a pain and incredibly unrealistic to work, the farmlands thing (which I kind of remember) is detestably unrealistic in my opinion, and a seperate trade stat is far too complicating. If you must just try and cut down on the number of eco centers.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your opinion on any of those things at all, as you probably had guessed by now as what you propose is the opposite of what I had suggested. ;)

Hmm as I have not seen the map or nations or anything for this NES. I am still interested, as it has been mentioned alot since I arrived here many many months ago. I'd like more info without reading that old thread again.

EDIT: Okay, that was rather off-topic; to make amends, here are some ideas:
- Change the story bonus system; go back to normal random events, but possibly still reward stories in some way (not sure yet, maybe I'll just do story bonuses as usual, but call them "story bonuses", and probably also add "late orders maluses" or something; but, in addition to that, I probably will also have really random events. Not sure yet, so ideas would be appreciated).

Would be appreciated, would stop people story blitzing to survive :p Possibly reward the persons BEST story, rather than each individual one.

- Change eco. center system (not sure how), or maybe even remove it altogether. On the latter - I am considering that perhaps it would be better to just have farmlands (like in Jason's NESes, if anybody here remembers what exactly I am talking about), and the trade centers marked, but not giving income by themselves; instead there would be a separate Trade stat, which will depend on the presence/absence of pirates and blockades, the state of the trade centers, the diplomatic relations, the trade agreements and so forth (thus recognizing the fact that trade is very fluid, that it is (to a certain extent only, ofcourse) separate from the rest of the economy, and rarely contained to just a few centers, though it is often concentrated in them).

Jalps System? (Urban, trade, rural eco, +centres, but these centres are rare, very rare)

-
Rework the military yet again (not sure how; however, I do increasingly feel that the training stat is somewhat more trouble than it is worth; it rarely takes so much money to drill people, so maybe I'll just make it rise automatically from combat, military leadership, projects and "other orders" (you know, like introducing some brand new training techniques and stuff)).

The training stat always bugged me, how much experiance can troops get from drilling? How usefull is it if you drill for the last war when the strategy has changed? Should training not be gained from fighting battles, say the bottom two levels can be trained, the rest you have to fight to gain new experiance etc, samefor leadership etc.

- Possibly put the most major roads on the map, due to their strategic importance.

Good Idea

- Rework the culture (it will probably be something like NK's latest system, but not exactly...).

Also Good Idea

I am begining to believe you are my bizarro world opposite das, we seem to have opposite opinions on ust about everything. Oh well, I still look forward to the return of ITNES.

Das, you should look up the S/L/U/T system and then rename it...or not rename it:mischief: I'll quote it here later, but i think it might work for what you seem to be wanting.

And let it be known i absolutley HATE the NK culture system. Its sucks major monkey cock. Seriously, NK makes good maps, not good stats;)

The leveled culture system is more to show cultural dominance and developedness IMO. Like the Middle Ages Turks would have had high culture, but then it would have slowly declined until you get Kenthar...I mean WWI Ottomans.

Though right now i'm working on a system were as culture would be much more realistic, but i;m not sure how to work it just yet, but i will keep it as a stat.

And I hope to actually do good in this NES and not suck like i did in NESVI.

id like to be here... in some small insignificant nation i can forget to send orders :p

oh and swiss lol edit your post, its funny but... the mods might think differently

I love NKs cultural stat. I find it absolutely ridiculous to rank cultures. I mean, many cultures that would be ranked lower in a traditional cultural stat, they are still highly resistant to cultural imperialism. Ranking cultures is a practice in Western cultural superiority that, as intelligent people, we should be above engaging in.

*puts in ad for his adaptation of ITNES to the good world map*

I will, of course, continue as Kalinga. And das, I assume that you want BT orders? After all, they are important...

As for eco centers, I suggest if you don't use them, to switch to the fairly popular system that Jal and Iggy use, since the levels stat is moronic. And for certain, don't downgrade powers just because they are powerful. Major nations SHOULD be powerful. It's the definition of them. NES2 VI was unbalanced, but the REAL WORLD is unbalanced, and if you don't like playing small nations, make your nation bigger or DON'T PLAY!

Training is a good stat, keep it, though maybe reform it somehow.

Can we have realistic army sizes? I suspect it will be a dark ages after the BT, but even then, armies of 10,000-40,000 were not unheard of, and field armies are only a fraction of what entire nations' armies came to.

Major roads I always found a bit silly, unless you were going to put the most well navigated sea routes, too. Most of the time, they're pretty much the same as the rest of a nation's trade network, just more well worn.

I was playing with the idea of culture points in some of my theoretical exercises...

If you want a simple training stat, just use Conscript-Regular-Trained. Normal troops are recruited at Regular level, and then you can pay eco points to raise training (1 Eco point raises x troops from Regular to Trained or y troops from Conscript to Regular).

Yes, but then you don't get the degrees of training.

The thing which was broken was an Elite+2 Russian levee en masse.

North King said:
Yes, but then you don't get the degrees of training.

The thing which was broken was an Elite+2 Russian levee en masse.
Oh. Thought the problem was complexity. Oops.

To fix that problem, just have a base training level that all troops are trained at, and don't let the training increase until the next turn. You could have projects, etc., to change the base training level, if you want to have it vary by country.

No, I just want it impossible to create a huge, highly trained army unless you are very rich and big.

Just keep the eco centers and the levels. The JalNES system and Iggy's system, in my opinion, are far inferior to traditional levels and cities systems.

North King said:
No, I just want it impossible to create a huge, highly trained army unless you are very rich and big.

You could implement a sort of upkeep stat, althrough this would either add a new level of subjectivity or complexity (or both) to the stats.

Personally, I like the way NK does culture as well. You don't have to "rank" cultures to decide whether cultural imperialism works. You, with your massive all-encompassing brain, will know whether it would work in a certain situation.

As for an economy system, I like yours. Flexible overall economy that can vary combined with the more dependable ECs is more representative of reality in my opinion. Somehow I think Iggy/JD's system seems out of place the more modern you get, not that this is that far ahead of theirs from what I understand.

Finally, perhaps training troops initially could cost less, but maintaining certain levels of training would require continued investment?

Regardless, I'm sure it'll end up fine, oh great one :p

Top Bottom