ADNES1: Development Thread

Do you have an interest in helping or playing in a NES

• Total voters
Welcome @Gelion! :D

If you have a read through the thread so far, you will see I ask as a players first turn, that you expand the description of the people you are taking control of. A bit of fun, fluff and some googling goes a long way to get some flavor how you want your people. If the roll is good you will have strong success. Poor and you won't have something else, but a few troubles to keep you entertained might need to be overcome ;)

Can everyone please be clear when submitting orders. Perhaps bold OOC?

I will push ahead with another update tomorrow, so needing actions from @Angst and @Kyzarc Fotjage (unless that was your entry) and perhaps some extra flavour from @Gelion

Oh and don't worry too much about getting it right or wrong at this point, the rules are still to be exposed, and my update style refined. You can fall in love with these nations or trash them for fun. We will expand out after 5-10 of these little updates and you may wish to hop to another UK nation (or even further out!) once we understand each other how i'm trying to make this work :)

Curse you civfanatics, you're supposed to tell me when folks post in the thread >:-(

Yeah, action is rallying the banners before a push westwards. We will retake the Emain Macha next turn.

Dunluce: The rash warrior spirit of conquest of the Uladh has been noted and watch fires set upon the hilltops; shields have been mended and swords sharpened.

Last edited:
@Aiken_Drumn How about a post at the top of page 1 with the most current map; player list; nations and leader names.

Tyr Connail: Noting the men lack even the most basic training in battle, preparations are made (builds a camp for military training)

Dal Ariadi: Excited by the potential bounty tree's are felled and a shipyard begins to take shape, we must have ships that can survive the rough sea's beyond our shore. (Build ships that will glide across the waters)

@Aiken_Drumn How about a post at the top of page 1 with the most current map; player list; nations and leader names.

Yes a good idea - after the next update I'll edit the first post to hold such information, or at least include links as to where it can be found.

Dunluce: The rash warrior spirit of conquest of the Uladh has been noted and watch fires set upon the hilltops; shields have been mended and swords sharpened.
Conquest? Hardly, we're reclaiming our birthright that was stolen from us by the thrice-cursed Collas and their foul-smelling Connachta minions. Ulaidh shall be restored. This is no more conquest than a man driving a bandit from his field is 'conquering' his field.

Dunluce to Ulaidh: Cu Chulainn and Emer are dead and gone as is Conchobar mac Nessa. Their kingly hill now naught but cow pasture and barley fields. You seek to revive an ancient treasure long pillaged and scattered among all the people of our fair green land. You would seek claims long dead and rotten upon the earth. Tread carefully lest those around you see your quest for glory for what it is: a grab for power. The good folks of Navan may not take lightly to your puppet grandeur.

We do not heed empty threats from those whose ancestors foreswore their oaths.

Welcome @Gelion! :D

If you have a read through the thread so far, you will see I ask as a players first turn, that you expand the description of the people you are taking control of. A bit of fun, fluff and some googling goes a long way to get some flavor how you want your people. If the roll is good you will have strong success. Poor and you won't have something else, but a few troubles to keep you entertained might need to be overcome ;)
I had a chance to catch up now :) Lets do it proberly ;)

Connachta : Gelion
Leadership: Dauí Tenga Uma mac Briúin
Capital: Sligo
Religion: Christian
Colour: Orange
Description: Western Irish nation, descendants of the people ruled by Conn Cétchathach, the legendary High King of Ireland in the times of the Romans. It is said that the people of Connachta once belonged to a larger kingdom together with the Ulaid, the Laigin, the people of Mumu and the people of Mide. However about a hundred years ago their paths separated. It is said that the lost brothers would unite again under the true descendant of the High King. However his true lineage is lost in centuries as no one can claim direct lineage ever since the True Faith came to the green Irish shores.

There's rumour in Sligo of an arrival of a strage young man of an upright posture, who came from the land of the Britons carrying a sword. They say that his name is Aedan the Noble and that he is a descendant of a purple-wearing tribe. We are a proud people minding our own affairs, but the young man has a veil of history about him. History to be uncovered, history to be made.

-3 to all your rolls!!! ;)
Can the fact that I like riverdance balance it out? :p

Oh gosh. Last night I dreamt @Birdjaguar had sent me an angry PM because of my lack of historical accuracy in this NES

Can I just confirm in both the dream realm and this, the aim is FUN first, and not a simulation of history. We can deviate as much as we like as long as there is some logical progression.

Update 1 later today!

Fág an Bealach, we march west.

Turn 2 - Oaths of Blood and Brotherhood

With the blessing of the Druids, Failge Berraide set forth on his next project - uniting the disparate blood of the Ancient King, many of whom like him foreswore that unwelcome clan. And so he toured the countryside, visiting the greatest holdings and tuathas, or kingdoms, swaying their chiefs. When he returned he summoned forth from each a promising warrior, to represent them and the bond between Tuatha and the Kingdom Of Meadh. And from these warriors, he requested oaths of loyalty and protection. In exchange he swears to guarantee them their birthrights, be it inheritance or mastery of new tuathas to be conquered. From these warriors he would mold together the spearpoint of his new army, his new personal body guard, his Oathsworn.

Action - Gather the most promising warriors of the land and have them swear oaths of loyalty, thereby becoming the Oathsworn, King Failge Berraide's new personal bodyguard and elite warriors.

Top Bottom