Its quite obvious really . . . . .

REDfeller

Chieftain
Yes indeed, we already know what is going to happen before we actually start to play. But nothing in between to keep the interest. Why play this when BTS Rise of Mankind Terra map has far better gameplay?

Col is flawed , predictable, rushed, historically inaccurate, boring mid game, devoid of strategy apart from the well documented tactic already discussed in detail. None of the smaller details of the original to keep it mildly interesting.

It is no fun to play, why build anything? Why pay the king? Why go to war? Why settle ten huge cities? Why build infrastructure? Why pay out for a Privateer and sink the Coms only Caravel?

I think it is what my mothers famous advice is. . . . "Never Go Back" , Colonization was a good game in its day, when Civ 1 was a great game. This would be played a couple of times as a mod and deleted in Civ4 .

Why didnt they re-write the original game and start work on Civ 5?

This is why you should always play a demo or someone else's copy before buying a new game.

Your not really the first to bring these points into public. The board is swimming in exactly those points your bringing up.

i think the universal answer is "wait for a decent mod to emerge"

I think it is what my mothers famous advice is. . . . "Never Go Back" , Colonization was a good game in its day, when Civ 1 was a great game. This would be played a couple of times as a mod and deleted in Civ4 .

Going by THAT advice, you'd never have had a Civ2, 3 or 4!

Also, try the Snoopy/Dale patch. It fixes a lot of the bugs and inbalances.

but why should we wait for a public mod or patch to fix it and make it what it should have been?

surely that is up to the franchise holders who have tried to release this second game, but it has fallen way short of the mark.

in essence, it should be the developer to fix the game not our community as they seem to rely heavily on these days.

I'm glad I gave it to my friend to play before he bought it on steam, he was rather unimpressed by it all too.. and he never played the original to be let even further like myself.

Old hats, its rubbish, newer hats don't even like it that much either.

For a $30 game that is an excellent remake of a classic game (barring some obvious patching) I'm surprised with the overall negativity on this board. Plus, some of the more technical players have already provided mods that take care of some of the most glaring complaints (in about a week after release! Thank you smart people!)

It is only $30. It's not like Firaxis is raking us over the coals. And they could have given us nothing.

It is only $30. It's not like Firaxis is raking us over the coals. And they could have given us nothing.

Why do I get the feeling that you suffered with Spore? :lol:

Top Bottom