I've decided I don't like firefox.

If you really want customizable keys, you'll be pleased to know that's in Firefox 3.
But that has yet to be released to the public ;).

But that has yet to be released to the public ;).

The beta has (Gran Paradiso I believe is the codename). It is fairly stable, but some of your extensions/themes will, of course, not work.

The beta has (Gran Paradiso I believe is the codename). It is fairly stable, but some of your extensions/themes will, of course, not work.

Does FF3 have any cool new features? I thought FF2 was okay, but I wouldn't really mind using 1.5, there just wasn't that much new stuff.

Hey, just to let you know that firefox does crash on me every once in a while, however that does not mean you can use it anymore. I recommand getting some add-ons to prevent less crashes such as this Noscript add-on that allow you to enable or disable any type of java usage on your web browser, and IE tab if you want to use your internet explorer on your firefox to access to some things that firefox can't do.

The default firefox theme is a joke..... What's that you say? Download a different theme... Don't mind if I do, except for the fact that there are 50,000 themes in that Mozilla list arranged in what seems to be the most likely way to cause users headaches and it is impossible to filter them, not to mention the fact that each firefox update breaks compatibility with older themes.... Don't update, you say? Splendid idea! Except for the fact that the Firefox people think I'm too stupid to know when I do or do not need an update and so have deemed it necessary to shove updates down my throat in any default installation..

. .. .. .. . firefox

There's this really handy thing on the Theme's page: search. And after you search, you can sort by popularity! or even rating!

And so far ( and thats far, ive been using firefox since June 2004, meaning before the 1.0 version ) I have not had a theme be incompatible with an update. I dont know about you, but I prefer to choose theme's that arent entirely outlandish and have some updates to them. generally, they're better made and dont break when you change a tiny little thing in the code.

you must be lucky then

every single theme i've had over the dozen or so times ive tried firefox was broken the next version

search would be nice... if it filtered by compatible version #

The main problem I've had with Firefox lately is some huge memory leak. When I use Firefox for an extended period of time it seems to consume huge amount of memory.

But I wouldn't switch to another browser, because nothing beats Firefox's adblock.
I recently read a forum post by a Firefox dev (http://blog.pavlov.net/2007/11/10/memory-fragmentation/) that blames a good portion of this "memory leak" on memory fragmentation.

I too love Adblock Plus. I also use the following plugins:
1-Click Weather, Cooliris Preview, Download Statusbar, Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer, FoxyTunes, Mouse Gestures, Tab Mix Plus, and because I have Skype loaded I have that plugin too.

I love firefox and its add-ons.
I use flashblock which blocks out any flash based ads and I also use something called nuke-anything enhanced. It lets you remove any object you are seeing on a webpage that bugs you.

I like Firefox the best but I do find that it crashes somethimes and it uses more memory than IE and Opera. Its performance on a Mac is little worse. When it comes to performance and innovation I think Opera wins hands down. I just don't like the Opera interface even when its skinned.

Firefox rules, been using it since the first version came out, never had any serious problems with it. If it crashes, and you restart it, it goes to the pages you were browsing before, so thats cool. Add-ons are also a big plus, IMHO.

You could also use the extension SessionSaver. Handy if you turn it on and off, since you dont need to re-open all those tabs.

I find it crashes about once a week on me (I haven't a clue why). I despise IE like everyone else, so I've switched to netscape. It never fails me, and it emulates both Firefox and IE page displays, so no screwed up Firefox page diplays.:D

Feel free to comment on Firefox's awesomness, netscapes' stupidity, and why I'm an internet-idiot:p.

I am not looking though 95 replies, but FYI, netscape is pretty much firefix with minor diffrences, though still an awesome browser

I am not looking though 95 replies, but FYI, netscape is pretty much firefix with minor diffrences, though still an awesome browser

Mozilla was the codename for Netscape Navigator (and presumably still is). The "Mozilla project" was created to make a next-generation replacement for Netscape Navigator.

I find it crashes about once a week on me (I haven't a clue why).

You leave Firefox running for that whole week or do you close it when you're done?

If the former, Firefox is simply running up its memory usage. That behavior's largely neutered in Firefox 3, but that's still in beta.

Top Bottom