Jail produces workers

HorseSoldier

Retrofit this....
Just modded in a new building "City Jail" to dent corruption a little. Its stats are practically identical to the Courthouse (a little more expensive & courthouse as a prereq.). So just for a little bit of flavor I made it produce a worker every 10 turns.

I do believe in rehabilitation:lol:

Anybody think this is unbalancing?
If anything, I think raise the # of turns between - maybe a lot?

BTW - the worker does NOT subtract from the city pop.

Thanx for the input

To compare: in a normal game of civ a good player will at least try to have 1 worker factory, that produces a worker every 2 turns. And you'll want at least 1 worker per town, rather 1.5 - 2.
Your jail only produces 1 worker every 10 turns for a shield investment bigger than that of a courthouse - after the investment of the courthouse itself.

My guess is that a good player will still rather invest in military and grab slaves from capturing enemy towns - if your mod at least allows that, like an ordinary game of civ.
So that's why I would agree with Civinator and Ozymandias; it sounds like a good idea and certainly not overpowered.

In my 1071 CE mod, in Goody Huts in southern Slavic regions (from which the word "slave" is derived), Sub-Saharan Africa etc., each contains a warrior and a Slave. The Slave is a worker marked as a Sacrifice unit, so it an either be used as a worker or brought to a Slave Market (of which there were many in the Near East and Central Asia in this period). Slaves can only be upgraded far down the line when the Emancipation tech is researched.

Just my 2 centimes.

Best,

Oz

Slaves can only be upgraded far down the line when the Emancipation tech is researched.

Oz, have you ever tried to upgrade a slave? The problem is, that the slave has a different nationality than the civ that will upgrade him.

You should still be able to upgrade him; in my Ancient Greek mod, for example, you can capture "Heroes" who can be upgraded into more powerful units, and I've tested this :)

I have mixed this up with my enslaved slaves in CCM. :)

I've added in a little something to help encourage people to build workers and/or give captured workers back to their home civs (or re-join them to cities): I've made ALL worker (and settler) units in the FF mod not require support, so you can actually have enough native workers to do the job without breaking the bank (the settler thing isn't as important because settlers are only auto-produced every 20 turns via a SW that can only be built in your capitol, so it's unlikely you'll have much or any extra settlers).

Does anybody give worker actions to their settlers so they are of some use if you've built a few in advance.

I did this long ago and as far as I remember, the AI had very big problems with these settings (the AI "Civ 2-Style settlers" did nothing).

As far as I remember, they did neither settle nor terraform terrain. But this was all years ago...

As far as I remember, they did neither settle nor terraform terrain. But this was all years ago...

In the Tweaked Out mod that I released soon after joining these here forums has the workers and settlers upgrade to Civil Engineers, which have both the Settle and Terraform flags checked, and the AI used them quite well......

Top Bottom