Jan. 6th commission

Somehow you have missed Trump's intent: overthrow the election to remain in power.

The SUV incident illustrates two things: Trumps desire to personally lead the assault on the capitol and his irrational aggression when he loses he doesn't get his way.

What does it illustrate if it didn't happen? The committee knew about this woman and her story but never asked the actual witnesses. What does that illustrate? Your guy Jamie Raskin was asked about that and he bobbed and weaved and said agents are allowed to testify if they want. Why didn't the committee ask them to testify?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/secre...eer-limo-on-jan-6-despite-hutchinson-account/

“A source close to the Secret Service tells me both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limousine/SUV driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel,” tweeted NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Peter Alexander on Tuesday."

Stay tuned...

What does it illustrate if it didn't happen? The committee knew about this woman and her story but never asked the actual witnesses. What does that illustrate? Your guy Jamie Raskin was asked about that and he bobbed and weaved and said agents are allowed to testify if they want. Why didn't the committee ask them to testify?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/secre...eer-limo-on-jan-6-despite-hutchinson-account/

“A source close to the Secret Service tells me both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limousine/SUV driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel,” tweeted NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Peter Alexander on Tuesday."

Stay tuned...

Darn, Trump escapes yet again!

I need to wait 24 hours before jumping on the latest bombshell. :o

fun to watch Naskra openly say this is all lies.

Not quite. She isn't lying, she's playing a part. The 1/6 Commission is a work of fiction - "Based on a True Story" is what the credits should read. It is another step in the merger of showbiz and politics. It is tailored for the sophisticated taste of Democrats (grownups!), unlike that déclassé pro wrestling stuff of the previous administration.

Not quite. She isn't lying, she's playing a part. The 1/6 Commission is a work of fiction - "Based on a True Story" is what the credits should read. It is another step in the merger of showbiz and politics. It is tailored for the sophisticated taste of Democrats (grownups!), unlike that déclassé pro wrestling stuff of the previous administration.

I agree with the idea that it is a show, in that it is a compilation of chosen testimony to present a narrative. I also agree it is ridiculous that it is necessary at all. The citizenry should be paying enough attention that they already know the GOP is a nightmare full of anti-human rights, anti-civil rights, pro police state monster types and is super friendly to the idea of authoritarian regimes (despite all their protests to the contrary). Thus, the idea that Trump did a stupid coup and was mad that his protectors would not let him lead it should not be shocking and should not require a set of shows to demonstrate it. The testimony in text should suffice, but here we are, and it is hard to argue that the attention span of Americans currently doesn't require nonsense like this horsehocky show.

Stay tuned...
I'll stay tuned if the anonymously sourced claim actually upgrades to testimony under oath. It is kind of not believable that Trump got his tiny hands around the wheel. Given the recent Rudy G. standard though, the baseline for assault is pretty low. I'm sure George Z. would have been justified in shooting Trump for whatever he attempted.

Stay tuned...

Should I change the channel from the Durham Investigation into the deep state meant to unseat Trump the previous four years?

Close but not quite on the mark. It is a Watergate reenactment.

I'll stay tuned if the anonymously sourced claim actually upgrades to testimony under oath. It is kind of not believable that Trump got his tiny hands around the wheel. Given the recent Rudy G. standard though, the baseline for assault is pretty low. I'm sure George Z. would have been justified in shooting Trump for whatever he attempted.

I wish I could like this post twice

I agree with the idea that it is a show, in that it is a compilation of chosen testimony to present a narrative. I also agree it is ridiculous that it is necessary at all. The citizenry should be paying enough attention that they already know the GOP is a nightmare full of anti-human rights, anti-civil rights, pro police state monster types and is super friendly to the idea of authoritarian regimes (despite all their protests to the contrary). Thus, the idea that Trump did a stupid coup and was mad that his protectors would not let him lead it should not be shocking and should not require a set of shows to demonstrate it. The testimony in text should suffice, but here we are, and it is hard to argue that the attention span of Americans currently doesn't require nonsense like this **** show.
my C-SPAN has extended, long form, hearings. If anybody is only watching the 15 minute clips, that's because they want to watch the 15 minute clips. At that point, we realize why they were produced

Going to the Capitol would have been the right choice for Trump, whether he intended to lead his insurrection or masterfully quell a riot. Going to ground
is always a mistake. A man who can't control his own security detail is not much of an authoritarian.

It is a Watergate reenactment.

You're showing your age (lack thereof).

A man who can't control his own security detail is not much of an authoritarian.
This much I agree with, in the sense of "not a very good authoritarian".

We need Oliver Stone to arrange a demonstration of the 'Trump's crazy hand on the steering wheel' theory, narrated and performed by Kevin Costner.
I can't determine the plausibility of the scenario, until I see it acted out. :lol:

Former President Donald Trump would have had to squeeze through an "extremely tight" space to be able to grab the steering wheel of his SUV and lunge at a Secret Service agent, as former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson testified Tuesday.

It's not impossible, one former Secret Service agent said, but it's not likely for the 6-foot-3, nearly 250-pound Trump, who the agent noted is also "not the most agile human being."

"Trump's not a little guy, right? And the space to actually be able to lunge towards the wheel is not that big," the former agent said, speaking on background to Insider. "I don't mean to sound disparaging to the former president, but just his girth would prevent him from actually getting to the steering wheel."
https://www.businessinsider.com/don...t-service-cassidy-hutchinson-january-6-2022-6

Trump won't let this nonsense about his size and agility stand. By the end of the day, he will be bragging about his beautiful and perfect grabbing of the wheel like it was an intimate portion of the anatomy of a super model.

His supporters will applaud this and love him more for it. The prior narrative was that Trump the fat-cat coward drummed up his supporters and promised to join them in the march then slunk back to the White House to gleefully watch his supporters storm the Capitol from the safety of his couch... The new narrative is that Trump was grabbing the steering wheel, physically assaulting and trying to choke out Secret Service officers who were trying to hold him back from leading his loyal supporters in the assault on the Capitol. They literally dragged him away from leading the insurrection kicking and screaming. I don't see how this hurts him with his supporters. It almost certainly endears him to them even more.

Been thinking about this a bit more...I think you're certainly right that this will be inspiring to some of his supporters. But I think he'll keep denying it regardless. Why? Because it shows him in a bad way. A big part of the alt-right brand more generally and the Trump political brand more specifically is the "I was just joking, unlike you drama queens I don't care about any of this". This incident shows Trump in a bad light from that perspective - it shows him undignified, actually throwing a tantrum because he cared about/wanted something. Even though that thing was what all these nazi freaks want, their brand operates on pretending they don't really want or care about anything so my guess is Trump continues to deny that this ever happened.

Top Bottom