Japan sucession game

Originally posted by AndyB
Fearing that the warrior was some sort of raiding party, the village was absquatulated!

:eek:

hehe.. I saw that word while looking for an electronic dictionary. Mine had the definition of "to suddendly leave/(depart from) camp in a hurry" (military camp). So, I just had to use it! :king:

BTW, feel free to use my Legend, and feel free to make up your own "Civ history", too.

Oh, and did you look at the 2nd zip? It's got some possible important logistical information. :)

Ok, I'm in, just tell me after who I play and I'll do my best, and if that "best" is not good enough, well just kick me out!! hehe

Wow, this thing is so fun, I just can't wait to see the next 20 turns after the one I did! hehe.. :)

BTW, I've seen SG acronyms like this:

GFC2
RBD7 SG

What do they all mean? Any other acronyms besides these?
(I'm guess for things like raging barbs, 5billion years, wet climate, etc.).

RBD stands for "Realms Beyond Diablo." :flamedevi

Guess those guys had a previous multiplayer action game relationship :ripper: which carried over to strategy games.:soldier:

I have the game now, will post summary within the next three - four hours. As for save game acronyms, they are used to keep track of games - after you play as the Japanese more than once, you forget which "Tokugawa of the Japanese" game is which. I'm going to save my games under something like this:

JapSG (year)(BC/AD)

but only for my own reference; save however you like. Looks like an isolated start for now - let's outexpand the computer as much as possible now! (Should be possible on this difficulty :king: )

Ok, but don't use the 3 letter abbrivation for Japanese. It's not a nice word. :) (Use jp, or JPN, JPNS etc.).

OK, here is the summary of my first turn.

Out of the chaos coming from the fall of the Himiko Dynasty emerges a new leader for the Japanese: the patrician despot Sulla! Japanese scholars express great confusion as to how a Roman aristocrat has gained power in ancient Japan. The Japanese scholars find their so called "logic" does not prevent Sulla from feeding them to the lions.

On to the reign of Sulla, know as the "Micromanager", as there was little else going on at this time.

(0) 2150 BC Change Osaka off of Wealth (it was on wealth because...?) to Temple. Kyoto set to produce Granary due to lack of food resorces in city radius, and to facilitate further expansion. Science cut back so we are not running a deficit. No need for luxuries at this stage in game, so they are set to 0 (I checked - they were doing absolutely nothing).

(1) 2110 BC Osaka's temple is whipped. Sulla is a bad boy ;) Wheat will come into city radius in 5 more turns, allowing for faster growth. Micromanaged Kyoto to get an extra shield of production.

(2) 2070 BC Osaka builds temple. Warrior disperses an Aryan encampment - apparantly they aren't as racially superior as they think.

(3) 2030 BC Nothing happens.

(4) 1990 BC Osaka regrows to 2, set to build a worker. Hope that this city will be able to pop a lot of settlers soon. Warrior exploration reveals a possible landbridge north of Kyoto - is it?

(5) 1950 BC Nothing.

(6) 1910 BC Cultural borders of Osaka expand. Landbridge is revealed to be a penninsula... beginning to suspect we are on an island here - if so, plenty of room for cities.

(7) 1870 BC Osaka builds worker - back to size 1 again (Sulla is cruel). Positive side is that now Osaka can expand to size three in fewer than 10 turns, with a fish and wheat in range. Due to lack of irrigation (sigh), worker set to mine wheat.

(8) 1830 BC Movement of troops.

(9) 1790 BC Mine near Kyoto finished, another one nearby started. Granary almost done....

(10) 1750 BC Our warrior finds a possible landbridge in the far northeast! Dyes AND horses will be within city radius of a city founded in the chokepoint. This will be a top priority city location in the future.

(11) 1725 BC Yep, that's definitely a landbridge up there. Sulla anticipating possible civ contact.

(12) 1700 BC Little happened this turn.

(13) 1675 BC Kyoto finishes Granary, starts settler. It should be able to crank them out shortly. Osaka finally gets some decent production as the first mine is finished (it's back at size 2 again).

(14) 1650 BC Barbarians appear - good, because we need money. More endless jungle spotted in north...

(15) 1625 BC Win battle against barbarians. More jungle in north.

(16) 1600 BC Looking for barb camp.

(17) 1575 BC Plains spotted far to the north.

(18) 1550 BC Kyoto builds settlers. Moving towards location for city...

(19) 1525 BC More trackless wilderness in north. Osaka getting close to settlers.

(20) 1500 BC Treasury is dangerously low. Founding new city will help, but we need to find that barb camp soon.

Sulla, now over 850 years old but mysteriously still youthful in appearance, rides off into the sunset. He built no cities and discovered no technology, but significantly improved both existing cities. The Japanese people hope that the next ruler is faced with more interesting times!

* Seriously now, we are currently behind the other civs (wherever they are :D ) but should be able to expand very rapidly now. I'm leaving suggestions for the next player, but giving them lots of latitude on city placement. I strongly suggest placing the settler on the red dot in this map, as it will clear the forest automatically and give us a good corruption-free site near our capital. I suggest the yellow dot for the next city; it will have 2 space overlap with capital but at this point that won't mean much and the site is excellent for another core city. Still, that will be up to the player to decide. Good luck to all!

Attachments

• 1500bc.gif
    1500bc.gif
    182.9 KB · Views: 232
So, which is the chokehold? The one with only one "entrance" from the north tile?

Atleast we have a huge area all to ourselves now! (Unless other civs start colonizing our shores)...

So I'll play after Andy ... I'll only be able to play tomorow cuz it is time to sleep and have work tomorow, I'll play as soon as I get home tomorrow so in ... mmmm in like 20 hours or something like that..

good civing everyone !!

PS : Just got my a$$ wiped in GOTM .... guess i'm not ready for emperor :p

Bye !

You seem to have done a great job, good work

--NOTE-- I know I said landmass was normal but its set at archipelago, so we'll have to go with more naval improvement than ground units.

In my opinion we should go for a quick expantion and cover the island rapidly rather than defend ourself with lots of units. Conquest is gonna be an other part of our history.

So keep up the great work, and lets spread japenese culture all over the world !!!

sorry I dind't told that tips before

I should have been more explicit on the location of the chokepoint city - it should be placed exactly one tile to the right of the horses on the very narrow isthmus. This places the horses, dyes, and fish in its radius and gives us control of that narrow strip of land. We can use it to move ships across the land too and completely keep any civs that might be up north from reaching our little "homeland" in the bottom. That's why it's important to seize it as soon as it can be reasonably defended.

Looking forward to the next summary - this game is moving very fast as I sense a lot of interest in it. :cool:

Originally posted by LaZZyCaKe
So I'll play after Andy ... I'll only be able to play tomorow cuz it is time to sleep and have work tomorow, I'll play as soon as I get home tomorrow so in ... mmmm in like 20 hours or something like that..

good civing everyone !!

PS : Just got my a$$ wiped in GOTM .... guess i'm not ready for emperor :p

Bye !

And GOTM is...??
(hehe.. all these acronyms! :eek:)

Originally posted by attachtatuk
You seem to have done a great job, good work

--NOTE-- I know I said landmass was normal but its set at archipelago, so we'll have to go with more naval improvement than ground units.

In my opinion we should go for a quick expantion and cover the island rapidly rather than defend ourself with lots of units. Conquest is gonna be an other part of our history.

So keep up the great work, and lets spread japenese culture all over the world !!!

sorry I dind't told that tips before

My thoughts exactly. (I guess I wasn't clear in my reasoning in my first 20 turns). That's why I built the settler by the water. I actually spent 4 hours studying just that! :) Expansion throughout the "island" was second, and we sure lucked out with that choke hold! Build a good navy, and it'll be well defended! (for much of the game).

There's a big probleme that nobody mention (u certainly saw it)

THERE'S NO FRESH WATER !!!!!

How are we gonna deal with that ?
How can our city be 12 pop. big in 1000 AC

This is I think a major preocupation and should be study carefully

Top Bottom