jar01: spain, emporer

Sorry. Finally pushed myself to do my set.

It was largely just Micro.

GA ended turn 290. Got income up to +75.

I MMed alot of cities into taxmen where it could, especially if it finished their culture buildings, and placed on wealth.

I played 10 turns. I rushed a little towards the ending because I have an event to go to.

Attachments

• jar01 1525 AD.SAV
    402.5 KB · Views: 217
Looking good! The end of a 100k game does end up being a lot of tedious MM, but the end is in sight - 96724 culture with 1775 cpt! We've doubled our cpt in the last 3 turnsets, and nearly doubled our total culture.

So that means it's @Judminder's turn next. @Elephantium, you're more than welcome to play after Judminder if you want to/have time to.

Now that the game truly is finishing up, is anyone interested in starting another game? I'm always willing to play (when I have the time) and the game doesn't need to be in "my" series, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: looks like 19 turns left at the current rates!

So that means it's @Judminder's turn next. @Elephantium, you're more than welcome to play after Judminder if you want to/have time to.

Now that the game truly is finishing up, is anyone interested in starting another game? I'm always willing to play (when I have the time) and the game doesn't need to be in "my" series, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: looks like 19 turns left at the current rates!

I wont play another, but I have a friend who told me to keep a look out for a new game so he could play.

I'd be up for another game so please count me in. Wrt playing my turn set, I would usually do it ASAP, but I'm in a bit of a fix just now. Done my back in (old rugby injuries recurring) and falling behind on loads of stuff which is somewhat higher priority. If you can wait a few days for me to play then great- I reckon it's just a matter of shepherding across the finish line now. If I play I will merely be watching the cash flow and managing happiness / dealing with any invasions now that the game is well and truly won. If someone wants to step in then please say. Otherwise I'm happy to get on the case when I am able.

Good to hear! If anyone has ideas for the next one, we could discuss in the old SG interest thread.

@Nathiri, is your friend already a member here?
@Judminder, no rush! If you want you could play a shorter turn, but if you'd rather play a full set more power to you!

@Jarred Sitting at the computer seems to be one of the worst things I can do right now :-(
I think that, because it is 'your' game, you should have the honor of cashing in.
If it's ok with everyone to wait a short while (and accept that I am not going to do anything apart from steer the boat) then I will play and hopefully @Jarred can bring us home in style

Good to hear! If anyone has ideas for the next one, we could discuss in the old SG interest thread.

@Nathiri, is your friend already a member here?

He isn't, but he will make one for the succession game. He's a big multiplayer player, but hasn't really participated much in forums. He's recently become more interested in singleplayer because of doing videos on youtube. He sets challenges for himself and also plays on high difficulties.

Haha, ironically, that member you tagged isn't me! Realistically, we'll only be able to shave a few turns off the end date: even if we increase our CPT by 10% instantaneously (magically) we'd only finish 2 turns earlier [32000/1800=18, 32000/2000=16]. In that regard, turning on cruise control would be OK.
Not too sure about bringing it home in style though, unless by style you mean stumbling across the finish line covered in our own bodily fluids ;)

Welcome, @SuedecivIII! We'll probably wait until this game is over before getting the next one going.

OK I've sped through my turns. All I did was ensure none of our cities rioted and moved the odd worker and re-assigned. There are some workers on BAM fortified to speed things up a little.
Current state of affairs:
Culture 114670
CPT ca. 1800
Gold 3340
GPT +223

Nothing of any note occurred.

Attachments

• jar01 1575 AD.SAV
    425.3 KB · Views: 234
OK I've sped through my turns. All I did was ensure none of our cities rioted and moved the odd worker and re-assigned. There are some workers on BAM fortified to speed things up a little.
Current state of affairs:
Culture 114670
CPT ca. 1800
Gold 3340
GPT +223

Nothing of any note occurred.

I forgot to mention I fortified a bunch, since I was in a hurry and there isnt really anything that absolutely needs to be done for victory anyway. There are plenty of worker stacks.

I reacquainted myself with the save this morning. Plan:
I traded for silks and ivory, not that it really matters, but I didn't want to have to worry about happiness with so many cities to scroll through. The Vikings made me pay over 1000g along with luxes, etc but our economy is pretty strong right now (still >1600g, ~250gpt).
I'm going to try to stifle the growth (in favor of taxpeoples) in all the towns still building culture, and then shift them to wealth as the builds finish. After turn 0, I'll just be monitoring F2 for rush opportunities, not that it'll make much of a difference.
As workers finish jobs I'll just fortify them. Steam is due in 3, but I'll probably switch the scientists to taxpeople because I have no ambition to rail our lands.

Just coasting other than that. Looks like we'll finish in 9 turns, but we could finish in 8. I'll post the turn-before-victory save so everyone can get the game in their local HoF as well. Realistically it will be Wednesday before I finish. Happy Earth day!

Great game team! I had a lot of fun!
I rushed quite a few things on the last turn, so it's more like "press enter x30" but I think it's only fitting that even the last IBT is long and drawn out ;)

Attachments

• PRESS ENTER.SAV
    402 KB · Views: 230
  • jar01 1615 AD.SAV
    402 KB · Views: 239
Top Bottom