Hey, I tried your Amalfi mod but couldn't get 4UC to work with it. The extra components don't show up (both V1.1 and V1.2). Weirdly enough, when I tried out the obsolete V1.0 of the mod, the components showed up.

Which mod are you referring? Rigth now I updated the support to the version 69 of pineappledan's More Unique Components for VP.
The appearance was tied to a UB of Germany that I noticed got removed.

Sorry for the late response. This is what I meant:
No 4UC.PNG

I also tried your newest 1.3 version without success. The only version that shows all 4 UCs is V1.0. I'm using the newest version of more unique components V69.

With Amalfi v1.3, and VP/MUC, I was getting "Unable to load texture sv_saettia32.dds" errors, when building or spawning & selecting a saettia. I loaded the dds file into GiMP and exported/resaved it and the sv_saettia128.dds too, for good measure, and deleted cache. That cleared up the error. I see the unit properly now.

I also could not see the button on Comite to place the fundaco. Clearing cache and unloading ALL custom CIVs except Amalfi brought the button back and I am getting the "List of Established Fondaci" notification now. Something in Jar_Amalfi_Functions.lua is conflicting with other custom CIVs, I assume. I do see some remarks and other remnants of some of the code that is being reused from Navajo, etc., so I hope it is a simple matter of a variable or chunk of code being improperly referenced/shared?

As always, I thank you for your work and the hours of fun your CIVs continue to give me.

Last edited:
Version 1.4 is now online on cfc (edit: and steam).

I noticed in the file that adds the 3-4 UC there is an error that make them not show up.
I fixed it and now they properly show up (used the latest v70).
Spoiler pic1 :

also the saettia flag is fixed

Spoiler pic2 :

I also could not see the button on Comite to place the fundaco. Clearing cache and unloading ALL custom CIVs except Amalfi brought the button back and I am getting the "List of Established Fondaci" notification now. Something in Jar_Amalfi_Functions.lua is conflicting with other custom CIVs, I assume. I do see some remarks and other remnants of some of the code that is being reused from Navajo, etc., so I hope it is a simple matter of a variable or chunk of code being improperly referenced/shared?

I always play with modded civs (both vanilla ones and those balanced for VP by pineppledan&co.) and I never had this problem, so that's not coming from Amalfi's code for sure.

Last edited:
I always play with modded civs (both vanilla ones and those balanced for VP by pineppledan&co.) and I never had this problem, so that's not coming from Amalfi's code for sure.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it. I'll add civs back a few at a time and see if I can't find the culprit. Is a missing button/ability going to be an LUA issue, something messing with "/InGame/WorldView/UnitPanel/PrimaryStack"?

Exactly. :)
If you use the vanilla UI and the unit can do the action then you should see this
Spoiler vanilla UI :
but if there's a mod that changes the UI and messes with "/InGame/WorldView/UnitPanel/PrimaryStack" then the custom button of not only Amalfi but of all the modded civs that use a similar code won't show up.
A commonly used custom component that changes UI is Enhanced user interface, but I explicitly considered this case.
Spoiler enhanced UI :

Edit: in particular with EUI enabled "/InGame/WorldView/UnitPanel/PrimaryStack" is overridden and the lua code referencing it gives an error notification that there is nothing in that location and the vanilla button breaks.

Last edited:
Using the V1.4 of the Amalfi mod (with VP 6-7-5 and more unique components V70) I've experienced 2 smaller bugs.

1) This one is a bit difficult to describe. When you expend the great merchant to create the fondaco in foreign lands there is a chance that you will get a trade route. However, when I expend one and I do not get the trade route, the next time I create the fondaco and do get the trade route, I actually get 2. But only for that one turn when I expended the merchant. On the next turn the number of max trade routes decreases again.

2) This one is connected to the first one. When the number of trade routes decreased (due to the aforementioned bug) to a multiple of 3, I would get a free policy once again. In the last game I played, I got two free policies on consecutive turns.

I checked the code and found the error
basically before checking whether a new trade route slow could be added i put a line to save the current number of trade route slot
so whenever a fondaco is created erroneously the number of TR increases by 1 before the check
in the check this number is recalled to add the trade route dummy building to the capital "SetNumRealBuilding( numTR+1)"
but numTR already incorporated the +1 before so in the end when the check applied the TR building was added 1+1 = 2 times
then once per turn there is a check that ensure the correct number of trade route was added, so seeing the inconsistency the number was reduced to correct number and because i coded the policy to be added on changes (that is both increases and decreases) if the number decreases to a multiple of 3, the free policy was triggered

long story short i fixed it and the new version is online, hopefully the last one regarding code bugs.

Hi, regarding the Amalfi civ, how am I supposed to build Fondaci?

I have my Comite in another Civs territory, but no options are appearing.

https://imgur.com/a/UhVL9g8

Edit: Hey, nevermind. I've redownloaded all of my mods and it now works flawlessly.

Last edited:
The Samnites have been reworked and updated!

Changes:
- new civ icon
- players now can choose the totem upon founding a city instead of receiving at random
- UA totem bonuses reworked
- Meddiss Toutiks unit reworked

I am having a problem with your Amazons. They come with the Cannabis luxury resource, but I made a map in IGE There is no way to add it and I don't want to on a permanent basis anyway.

But city states and cities are demanding it. I thought maybe it was a dummy or worked like Indonesia but no.

It can't be worked and does not appear on any terrain forest jungle marsh says it's there but useless. So I don't use but cities still demand it.

It won't add to any terrain or forest jungle etc. It will say it's there but there is no visual change yield or way t

Last edited:
Greetings.
When I tried to play the Kalbid mod with VP 2.0.3 but I could not get it to recognize VP (description doesn't change, resources are still bonus resources and not luxury resources etc.).
I then proceeded to modify the files myself by moving the VP code from Jar_Kalbids_ModSupport.sql to the bottom of Jar_Kalbids_GameDefines.sql and removing the WHERE EXISTS conditions.
After that the VP changes seem to work but I cannot get monopoly bonuses from any of the 3 luxury resources (they also do not show up in the resources monopoly tab).
Do you have any ideas why that happens?
Besides VP, I'm also using the even more resources for VP mod.

Hi, regarding the Amalfi civ, how am I supposed to build Fondaci?

I have my Comite in another Civs territory, but no options are appearing.

https://imgur.com/a/UhVL9g8

Edit: Hey, nevermind. I've redownloaded all of my mods and it now works flawlessly.

ArchangelOfDoom, do you remember what mods you had active, or what you did to resolve this problem? I'm having the exact same issue with my game

whats the state of the Amazon's civ? compatible with current VP?
I did not update it so there is a possibility it is still compatible but for sure it is not balanced for the latest versions.

I'm curious, how do choos Animals for Samnites' totems? Does it tak into account EMR or MW mods?

I'm curious, how do choos Animals for Samnites' totems? Does it tak into account EMR or MW mods?
When I coded the Samnites it was highly likely that the More Resources mod and your More Wonders mod were not even conceived yet :) (if I understood correctly the acronyms).

It takes into account: Horse, Cattle, Sheep, Deer, Bison, Ivory, Fur, Truffles, and Woodpecker as residual when no other res is present (woodpecker was the sacred animal of the Piceni).
For the AI the totem resource is chosen as the one in highest quantity within 3 tiles, or one at random among those in largest quantity in case of equality.
For human player I coded a handy UI window where to choose among the eligible ones upon city founding.
Spoiler picture :
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

I did not update it so there is a possibility it is still compatible but for sure it is not balanced for the latest versions.
I see, will test it after my current game. I can work on balance, but I have no idea what to do regarding 3rd and 4rd components.

I see, will test it after my current game. I can work on balance, but I have no idea what to do regarding 3rd and 4rd components.
I remember I left out a shrine replacement that can easily become the 3rd UC. As to the 4th I have to dig deeper in my old notes but I'm confident I can find something.
If you can give me feedback on balance I can resurrect this project and give a proper re-release for VP as I have already done for some of my mods (Etruscans, Amalfi).

Top Bottom