TopHatPaladin's Civilizations

Hi all! I've released a redesign of the Purépecha; this redesign also changes the civ icon, and renames the civ to the Tarascans, in order to better reflect the civ's emphasis on the Tarascan empire rather than the modern Purépecha ethnic group. Check out the update on Steam, or here on Civfanatics!

(I've also released minor updates/patches to Ayutthaya, the Chamorro, the Fatimids, the Gaels, both Holy Roman Empires, the Omagua, Rashtrakuta, and Sokoto. The rest of these shouldn't change anything notable, they're just minor bugfixes.)

Happy Halloween, everyone! You've probably heard about how the introduction of the horse transformed the Great Plains of North America, but did you know that it had similar effects in South America? Check out the Guaycuru and become the terror of the Gran Chaco for yourself!

(In other news, I've also patched a bug with Cetshwayo's UB.)

Merry Christmas, everyone! Today I'm bringing you all Bolivia, under its four-time president Victor Paz Estenssoro— the man who nationalized the mines, privatized the mines, empowered the army, disempowered the army, and overall had an incredibly long and versatile political career! Check it out:

Treatise bonuses under the cut:
Spoiler :

Left: +1 Food and Culture from Mines; gain Great Writer points when promoting a Milicia Popular or completing a mine on a resource
Right: +1 Gold and Production from Mines; gain Great Merchant points when promoting a Milicia Popular or completing a mine on a resource

Some awesome new civs here. Pretty cool to see a civ representing Estonia, or a new Aborigine civ. Thankyou for making these! What other things you have considered for new civs? I love the variety

As always, thank you for continuing to follow— it's great to know that, ten years out from release, people are still interested in seeing what us modders are up to.

One thing I've been considering lately is the Merovingian Franks, led by Clovis; the late antique/early medieval period is one of my favorite historical eras, and within that period, the Merovingians interest me a lot and I'm shocked that they haven't been adapted into a civ already. Beyond that, I'm not totally sure— I'm between projects right now, so I'll probably end up doing some reading and seeing what captures my interest :b

Sounds good! Some civs that are being worked on(units, cities etc in the Civ4 community) include Micronesia(with the mythical/mystical elements of Nan Madol thrown in), and Urartu, the Hittites greatest rival. Some ideas there, I don't think either are in Civ5 either. I know Gedemo made a Nan Madol civ awile back, but its gone.

Take a trip out to Central Africa and check out the Kingdom of Luba under Ilunga Sungu! The Luba were masters of both short- and long-distance trade— they monopolized the salt, iron, and copper in their region, while also establishing commercial connections with the Atlantic and Indian Oceans alike. They were also passionate about oral history, with a secret society— the mbudye— dedicated to preserving and sharing their empire's historical memory.

This is an interesting one. Of Africa this one is interesting. A secret storytellers society. Certainly something new! I definitely need to learn more of africa. Specifically central and southern...Definitely not all hut dwelling Zulu types. Kingdom of Kongo for one, or Zimbabwe

We're headed to Europe for this one! Between his conversion to Catholicism, his codification of Salic law, and his division of his inheritance among his sons, Clovis the Great has had a profound impact on Western European history and culture. Check him out on Steam, and try to match his impact in the world of Civ!

Smoley hokes! :)

You've done some AMAZING Civilizations there! :thumbsup:

——— Europe ———

France
led by Louis XI

Civfanatics Download Link

Wiki page link
Requires Brave New World.
Latest Update: 31 October 2018

The Franks
led by Clovis I
Steam Worskhop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 24 April 2021

The Gaels
led by Niall

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 31 October 2019

Holy Roman Empire
led by Frederick II

Steam Workshop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 21 September 2020

Holy Roman Empire
led by Otto I

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 1 March 2019

Latvia
led by Karlis Ulmanis

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 10 May 2020

The Oeselians
(in collaboration with ExplosiveWatermelon!)
led by Vesse
Steam Workshop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 8 December 2020

——— Americas ———

The Aleut
led by Agugux

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 26 January 2019

Bolivia
led by Victor Paz Estenssoro
Steam Workshop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 24 December 2020

The Cheyenne
led by Woqini

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 17 February 2020

The Guaycuru
led by Eso
Steam Workshop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 31 October 2020

The Omagua
led by Payoreva

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 1 December 2019

Tarascan State
led by Tariácuri

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 6 October 2020

The Wampanoag
led by Massasoit

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 6 February 2019

——— Oceania ———

The Anangu
led by Tjilpi

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 20 February 2019

The Chamorro
led by Matå'pang

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 16 October 2019

The Ngarrindjeri
led by Ngurunderi
Steam Workshop Link

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 14 December 2020

——— Fictional Civs ———

Hallownest
(in collaboration with JakeWalrusWhale!)
led by the Pale King
Steam Workshop Download

Wiki page link
Latest Update: 19 June 2020

I'm not sure if there was a direct relation, but they definitely traded a lot with Mesoamerica— that's where the Hohokam got a lot of their staple crops. This trade also led to some cultural crossover, such as Hohokam's adoption of Mesoamerican-style ball games.

Hi all! Those of you who've been watching the Steam Workshop might have noticed the recent releases that we modders have been doing to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Civilization franchise.

My own contribution recently came out— the Aztec Empire under Tlacaelel, a longtime advisor to the throne. Tlacaelel helped expand the scale of human sacrifice under the Aztecs, and pioneered the ritualized "flower wars" from which the Aztecs captured many of their sacrificial victims.

When Tlacaelel is active, Montezuma's unique ability also changes to the following:

This rework of Montezuma is also compatible with the Montezuma rework that's bundled with Itzcoatl's Aztecs. In fact, I recommend using both reworks together— they're designed to synergize with each other!

Top Bottom