JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

Ouf i talked a lot, i will try to take the map of world in 4000 BC

What do you think ?

I think if you make/take a map you're already halfway there, so to speak. (I promise to have a look at it, but expect to be rather busy this week.) Looks like, to me, you're well on the way to your first scenario!:D

PS: Also you've found already plenty of references for 4000 BC from the link you posted! (If you want, I can send/post a 18 civ-4000 BC map.)

Have re-uploaded all of my scenarios as they'd been deleted due to hacking during sit-downtime as per Adminstrator announcement "Forum Security Breach...".;)

Have also restored all screenshots in the DL Database and checked all links: everything works fine again.;)

Fortunately, in-thread links & screenshots seem not to have been affected.

Just released::goodjob:

The Crusades! (version 1.4)

(version 1.3 removed after 572 downloads; version 1.2 removed after 111 downloads; version 1.1 removed after 34 downloads;version 1.0 removed after 72 downloads)

Currently at: 500+ downloads
Rating: A-

Changes in 1.4:

- fixed the no State Religion issue
- (because of this) the Mongols are no longer in contact with every civ on the map from turn 2 on.

Changes in 1.3:

- Currency given to a number of civs
- added a Selchuk city
- added/removed several units
- corrected missing religion in Toledo
- some additional map editing.

Changes in 1.2:

- added a barb city
- added multiple non-Christan units
- disabled City Razing
- enabled Raging Barbarians
- some map editing
- updates NOTES and credits.

Changes in 1.1:

- corrected Leaderheads, civ names, leadernames
- added missing Muslim Holy City
- set Mongols at war with Hungary, Selchuk Turks
- added units
- adjusted city sizes
- minor map editing (including added goody huts).

For the latest version go here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8330

(Thank you Lokolus, DIE Inc., Fiend777Fits!)

Hi folks! Done updating all my stuff for CIV Gold 4.0 (Final), so I got time for something new, for which I've started doing some research. More news if something definite takes shape.;)

Jeelen, I have played your The Crusades (1.4) as the Byzantines to the year 1400. I am presently leading all other civs by at least 200 points and am the resident of the Apostolic Palace. But the gameplay is soooo slooow and boring that I actually started to fall asleep. Now I even sped things up a bit using WB to add hoses to northern Greece (Larissa) and wheat to southern Greece (Athens) and Christian temples in most of the Byz. cities. Yet it still plays way too slowly. I think that I'll wait for version 2.6+

jimmygeo

I'll take this into consideration - but I must stress two things:
1) Playing The Crusades! as the Byzantines is the easiest way to go
2) Epic speed means things go slower than normal; that's just the way it is
(if you want to play fast-paced, there's plenty of choice out there).;)

EDIT: Actually, how many turns did you play? (I may limit the number of turns in v. 1.5, as I consider mys cenarios a work in progress until they're perfect - which takes a lot of trial and error.)

I've started on a new scenario, for which I've selected a map. More news as I've something more definite to report.;)

I'll take this into consideration - but I must stress two things:
1) Playing The Crusades! as the Byzantines is the easiest way to go
2) Epic speed means things go slower than normal; that's just the way it is
(if you want to play fast-paced, there's plenty of choice out there).;)

EDIT: Actually, how many turns did you play? (I may limit the number of turns in v. 1.5, as I consider mys cenarios a work in progress until they're perfect - which takes a lot of trial and error.)

I figured that the Byzantines would be the easiest, that's why I chose them for my first time.

The slowness to which I referred is not due to epic speed, but to the lack of resources and buildings that produce hammers.

Also, kthe start date is 1070 AD and at that time no civ (except the most primitive hill tribes) fielded warriors. Most had armoured spearmen and long- crossbowmen as well as knights and men-at-arms.

After playing several C3C Crusades scenarios, this was quit a let down,:(

jimmygeo

I figured that the Byzantines would be the easiest, that's why I chose them for my first time.

The slowness to which I referred is not due to epic speed, but to the lack of resources and buildings that produce hammers.

I'd say it's a combination of both: I didn't want the Byzantines to be too strong and - this being about the Crusades - I wouldn't really recommend playing them as, as you say, it may result in a boring game.

Also, kthe start date is 1070 AD and at that time no civ (except the most primitive hill tribes) fielded warriors. Most had armoured spearmen and long- crossbowmen as well as knights and men-at-arms.

After playing several C3C Crusades scenarios, this was quit a let down,:(

Well, sorry to hear that; I've actually looked at several (Civ3 and Civ4) Crusade-style scenarios before making this version. I don't really understand your comment on Warriors: the only Warriors I remember putting in are Barbarians on the loose. All civs start with (the ability to build) Knights or the equivalent thereof, Archers and/or Spearmen. A part of these I also gave some promotion for added realism. (I deliberately did not place Lonbowmen, Crossbowmen or Pikemen on the scene to allow for a Crusadelike development early on - which does not mean they won't be built somewhat later on.)

But, as I said, I will consider your remarks if I do an update.

Top Bottom