by jimkatalanos
2374 downloads

19. EUROPE 1940
by jimkatalanos
2345 downloads

20. ww2:1939 - Scenario 1939
(uploaded by) kodzi
2310 downloads.

Not knowing where else to post this list, I posted it here. This list does NOT take into account any ratings given. Also, certain files have been uploaded later than others; this list just presents a snapshot view of download statistics.

* Download link broken

Status Report

Current stage: placing cities

- USA in progress
- France in progress
- China (2 civs: 1 in progress, 1 DONE)
- UK in progress
- Russia in progress
- Australia in progress
- Germany in progress
- Portugal in progress
- Japan in progress

- Mexico DONE
- Saudi Arabia DONE

21 still to go.

Status Report

- USA in progress
- France in progress
- China (2 civs: 1 in progress, 1 DONE)
- UK in progress
- Russia in progress
- Germany in progress
- Portugal in progress
- Japan in progress
- Spain in progress
- Sweden in progress
- Turkey in progress
- Hungary in progress
- Bulgaria in progress
- Thailand
- Finland
- Canada
- Brazil
- Argentina
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Mongolia
- Minor Nations

- Australia DONE
- Egypt DONE
- Mexico DONE
- Saudi Arabia DONE

5 still to go.

Have also started on city editing and unit placement.

Great stuff, and I'm really glad to hear that you're working on a modern day scenario. If it's anything like the other scenarios of yours I've tried I'm sure it will be very good.

Now all we need is to find someone to tweak it a little to remove your pro-American bias. :D :p

In all seriousness, how are you planning on handling the Iraq and Afghan wars in this mod? I'm not trying to be a dick when I say I think it could be a pivotal part of the map, as well as a fun way to start the game playing as the US.

Well, thanks for your praise!:D Though I'm not sure what you mean by "pro-American bias". My latest project won't feature any Iraq/Afghanistan warfare, as it's a pre-1980 scenario (not a mod - I've only made use of available mods so far).:p right back at ya!

Ok sorry, my mistake man. I thought it was a present day one that you're working on. I still look forward to playing it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence; I hope not to disappoint your expectations. No need to apologize though; so far I've only indicated it's set between 1900 and 1980 (I don't want to raise expectations by giving away the title prior to release). Including research I've been preparing it for a couple of weeks now and hope to finish basic setup around next weekend; next week is reserved for filling in the details, so expect something up by the end of next week.;)

Well, given that you have indicated there are 2 chinese civs, it is definitely going to be a WW2 scenario ;)

EDITED: Oh hang on, your two civs could represent Qing and Revolutionist pre 1911 or the 'Beiyang' government and KMT government in between 1912 - 1929. And to be completed, it could also be post WW2 to represent Mainland and Taiwan, but I doubted.

So I take back my words :)

PROJECT ABANDONED

I'm sad to report I've had to abandon my project of a WW II on GEM 4.2 scenario due to technical difficulties: my latest WBS file takes forever to load on my comp. (Until I get a better comp I cannot complete this project...):(

If anyone wants to complete the scenario:

I have 2 WBS files available with my latest additions (the one that I last edited - which I can no longer load on my comp - plus the previous one).

Here's the latest

Status Report

Start date: Week 1, January 1942

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- USA in progress
- France in progress
- Nationalist China in progress
- Chinese Communists DONE)
- UK in progress
- Russia in progress
- Germany in progress
- Vichy France in progress
- Free French Forces
- Portugal in progress
- Japan in progress
- Spain in progress
- Sweden in progress
- Turkey in progress
- Hungary in progress
- Bulgaria in progress
- Thailand capital placed
- Finland
- Canada
- Brazil
- Argentina
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Mongolia
- Minor Nations

- Australia DONE
- Egypt DONE
- Mexico DONE
- Saudi Arabia DONE

5 still to go.

Have also started on city editing and unit placement (land units only).

Ending with some good news: I'm progessing to part 2 of my orginal project:

WW II Europe for Merged Mod

which I expect to complete.;)

PROJECT ABANDONED

I'm sad to report I've had to abandon my project of a WW II on GEM 4.2 scenario due to technical difficulties: my latest WBS file takes forever to load on my comp. (Until I get a better comp I cannot complete this project...):(

If anyone wants to complete the scenario:

I have 2 WBS files available with my latest additions (the one that I last edited - which I can no longer load on my comp - plus the previous one).

Here's the latest

Status Report

Start date: Week 1, January 1942

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- USA in progress
- France in progress
- Nationalist China in progress
- Chinese Communists DONE)
- UK in progress
- Russia in progress
- Germany in progress
- Vichy France in progress
- Free French Forces
- Portugal in progress
- Japan in progress
- Spain in progress
- Sweden in progress
- Turkey in progress
- Hungary in progress
- Bulgaria in progress
- Thailand capital placed
- Finland
- Canada
- Brazil
- Argentina
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Mongolia
- Minor Nations

- Australia DONE
- Egypt DONE
- Mexico DONE
- Saudi Arabia DONE

5 still to go.

Have also started on city editing and unit placement (land units only).

Ending with some good news: I'm progessing to part 2 of my orginal project:

WW II Europe for Merged Mod

which I expect to complete.;)

That's very unfortunate :(

If you don't mind, please send me the file and I see if I can continue your project when I have time. I was struggling to decide whether I should make 200BC or 1940AD scenario, then you said you announced to make a modern age scenario so I decided to make 200BC. I still hope to see a modern scenario in the near future.

If you don't mind, please send me the file and I see if I can continue your project when I have time. I was struggling to decide whether I should make 200BC or 1940AD scenario, then you said you announced to make a modern age scenario so I decided to make 200BC. I still hope to see a modern scenario in the near future.

Will send them to you ASAP (after I get home). I'd love to see it finished!;)

Have you thought about making a 2008 scenario? With your map that would be incredible. I'm sure the other ones would/will be great too, but there have been so many 1940s and 200bc maps, but never a really good present day one! I would gladly help you work on it. It would be challenging but worth it. Maybe after you finish Jeelen's map. It would be ashame to see all he's done so far wasted.

I suggest you suggest this on Genghis_Kai's Giant Earth Map thread.;)

EDIT: I know there are plenty of WW II scenarios around, but I'm not happy with most of them, which to me is a very basic reason for wanting to make one of my own - actually my first Modern Age scenario for Civ4. And it's not a given that it'll start in 1940. (WW II in the Pacific is quite good, so no need for me to do a retry in that area.) I also realize that there is a lot of focus on Modern Age scenarios, but hey, I like the challenge.

As for the second part - there being so many 200 BC maps -, as far as I know there aren't any Worldmap scenarios for that date (as with TAM most focus on the Ancient Mediterranean and I'd love to see one for Giant Earth Map).

I suggest you suggest this on Genghis_Kai's Giant Earth Map thread.;)

EDIT: I know there are plenty of WW II scenarios around, but I'm not happy with most of them, which to me is a very basic reason for wanting to make one of my own - actually my first Modern Age scenario for Civ4. And it's not a given that it'll start in 1940. (WW II in the Pacific is quite good, so no need for me to do a retry in that area.) I also realize that there is a lot of focus on Modern Age scenarios, but hey, I like the challenge.

As for the second part - there being so many 200 BC maps -, as far as I know there aren't any Worldmap scenarios for that date (as with TAM most focus on the Ancient Mediterranean and I'd love to see one for Giant Earth Map).

You're right, sorry pal.

Top Bottom