JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

Hmm... I´ve been playing through 200 turns of 1250 BC on BtS v. 3.19 without experiencing any crash.

i read about your turk problem , i think the game already has them as a civ , only they are called Ottomans .
dunno if they can be scripted to target certain cities , but having them go after Cairo , Constantinopole , Belgrade , Budapest and Vienna would make them amazingly historical.

also , perhaps using an imobile unit to guard Constantinopole against all units but cannon.
Dale has a Maginot line unit which you could adapt.

hmm, i found it distressing that almost all civ maps are wide open and any city can be attacked from 6-9 directions , and if you try to setup forts as a frontier , the AI would just move the units out. maybe use more mountains and lakes ?

Hmmm, my Turk problem. I suppose you´re referring to the various 1000 AD adaptations I´ve made. Since scripting isn´t really my forte the Turks going after Byzantium only works if they´re played by a human willing to do that. For the AI the problem ofcourse is that Byzantium is only 1 of the Christian civs they´re at war with and the game starts with various Crusader forces ready to pounce. But basically the idea of all of my historical start-scenarios is that they provide an as accurate as possible start situation, wherafter anything may happen.

As to forts, indeed the AI loves to leave them unguarded (as Road to War modders/players found out real fast). As to using more Mountains, I´ve actually tried to reduce the number of Mountain squares on my maps as there aren´t that many huge land areas that are completely covered in mountain tops (the Himalayas being a notable exception).

I´ve already experimented with adding more lakes on various maps as well.

Hope that more less answers your comments. I´ll leave with a note that I´m considering redoing some maps as I noticed the Nile doesn´t really run as it should. (Not sure though if I get around it before Civ5 takes up most of my time...)

Top Bottom