JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Sea Trade Routes yield +1 Production for every two eras passed.

How does this work? Is it city-based (so gets modifiers) or empire-wide? +1 doesn't seem like a lot for a single trade route, but to use it with a single city, might be good. :)

Just an error in the DoM (at least in the screenshot): "Britannia's call", not "Britannica's call", unless it's an order for us to get the encyclopedia collection and get educated :p

Again, great job and a worthy update. Now, waiting for the next civ(s)... ;)

Made a little something:

Spoiler :

The second coming of communism! looks amazing comrade TPangolin but you can see in Lenin's facial expression that he forgot his coat.

(After nearly a year) Churchill updated:

• Added new leaderscene by Janboruta.
  • Added new leader icon by Janboruta.
  • Added new city list by Mattygp90.
  • Added unique spy list.
  • Added unique civ icon and colour scheme.
  • Added unique Peace and War themes.
  • Expanded diplomacy text and dawn of man text updated.
  • Added internal support for Ethnic Units, Tomatekh's Historical Religions and Gedemon's YnAEMP.
  • Added new unit flags for the Dreadnought and Spitfire, created by Janboruta.
  • Added new effects for the UA and UUs.
  • Fixed an issue where the mod was written in XML.

Spoiler :

The United Kingdom - Churchill

Credits:

JFD - Author
Janboruta - Artwork (Leaderscene, Map, Icon, Unit Flags)
danrell - Graphics (Dreadnought, Spitfire)
Mattygp90 - City List
Peace Theme - Andreas Waldeloft The R.A.F.
War Theme - Andreas Waldeloft Overture

Includes internal support for: Tomatekh's Historical Religions Mod, Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP.

Awwwwww yeaaaaa! Good things come to those who wait!

JFD, my game is crashing on startup when Churchill is in my MODS folder. The same happened with your Stalin civilization. Any reason it would do this?

How does this work? Is it city-based (so gets modifiers) or empire-wide? +1 doesn't seem like a lot for a single trade route, but to use it with a single city, might be good. :)

Again, great job and a worthy update. Now, waiting for the next civ(s)... ;)

City-based - so gets modifiers; Air and Naval modifiers, in particular. +1 Production per trade route per every two eras. There was originally going to be extended sea trade route length, but apparently Firaxis likes to hardcode this in strange ways, and I couldn't be bothered trying to find a way around that. I can look into it again, or have it +1 per era, if that's truly too weak.

The typo was left over from the previous DoM.

Serious question for someone looking to break out into civ creation - does SQL have an advantage other than its (to some people) simpler syntax?

Compatibility and convenience. You can retrieve information from the database and apply whatevers there to your new stuff, which means you don't need to write in every detail in a hardcoded manner.

JFD, my game is crashing on startup when Churchill is in my MODS folder. The same happened with your Stalin civilization. Any reason it would do this?

Nope. I've not had any crashes with Churchill or Stalin (flaws in his UA, sure, but no crashes :p) Try clearing your cache folder, or using the direct download for the mod.

I can look into it again, or have it +1 per era, if that's truly too weak.

I'll have to see how it works over a course of a game. +1 per era looks better on paper, but I can't predict how would it translate in the game.

Theoretically speaking, let's take an Industrial Era London, which sends out three international trade routes for +2 production each (four eras passed), one internal food route and receives one internal production route, which yields +10 production (8 base). Total 10 bonus production from the UA. I'd assume an Industrial era city would generate anywhere between 40 and 60 production, so it's quite a significant boost, but at the expense of five trade routes (likely the max number in this era, without any wonders) tied to one city. Assuming there are few pledges of protection, London could churn out a sizeable fleet in no time.

Doesn't look bad on paper either. But empiricism shall prevail :crazyeye:

Lenin updated with a new leaderscene and DoM, courtesy of TPangolin and Sukritact:

Spoiler :

The Soviet Union - Lenin
Proletarian Revolution: Workers may be stationed in friendly cities to boost Production, or, after choosing an ideology, expended for Tourism in enemy territory.

Levy: The Levy is the unique unit for the USSR, for Lenin. Unlike the Great War Infantry that it replaces, the Levy is considerably cheaper, though it is also slightly weaker. Levies may be upgraded to from Workers, and may make use of enemy roads.

Commissariat: The Commissariat is the Soviet replacement for the Constable, for Lenin. In addition to the regular effects of the Constable, the Commissariat increases the amount of Food carried over when a new Citizen is born based upon the amount of Production produced in the city (caps at 20%).

Credits:

JFD - Author
Janboruta - Artwork (Lenin, Levy, Commissariat, Soviet Map)
danrell - Graphics (Levy)
TheLohoped - City List
TPangolin - Leaderscene
Sukritact - DoM
Peace Theme - James Hannigan Pugachev by Night
War Theme - James Hannigan The National Anthem

Includes internal support for: Tomatekh's Historical Religions Mod, Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP.

Nope. I've not had any crashes with Churchill or Stalin (flaws in his UA, sure, but no crashes :p) Try clearing your cache folder, or using the direct download for the mod.

Clearing the cache folder still caused a crash. Aslo all my logs file says is...

[68629.433] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[68629.433] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'

... which I think is just a default problem the game has.

I just started a game as Chrurchill. I like it so far. It's a late game civ but those production bonuses help you get up a navy and Cargo Ships quickly. I just pledged every city state that I met, which could come back to haunt me.

My only note is that I'm not sure that the icon background and the in game colors match up. I didn't check the numbers, it just looks lighter in game than on the icon.

It is a bit lighter, yes. It's still within the colour palette, though. A consequence of needing to distinguish between Elizabeth, Victoria and Churchill, really. If it's bothersome, I can adjust it to try and not be so noticeably different.

Is it just me, or are the icons on the front page differently arranged? Now there's a second row (of just the Vandals)

It's not bothersome at all. It makes sense. I'm just used to it matching.

I use Chrome, which is weird because it looked right yesterday.

Someone (don't know who) pointed out that I'd missed Lithuania, so they probably pushed the Vandals to a second row for you. I guess I'll have to make new civs to fix that :lol:

Anyway, England Revision added:

Elizabeth - England (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of England - Elizabeth
Elizabethan Age: Naval Units gain +2 Movement and earn additional experience from combat during Golden Ages. Great Admirals may be expended to begin a Golden Age.

Grand Carrack: The Grand Carrack is the English unique unit, replacing the Galleass. This unit has greater strength than the Galleass and may cross oceans before Astronomy. It also may heal outside of friendly territory when it is adjacent to a Great Admiral.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Grand Carrack (including retexture))

The UA change won't be included in the Victoria mod, which is why I release it early. I'll endeavour to package all of the current revisions up and post on Steam, if I should be able to figure the best way to prevent conflict between Lua files.

Top Bottom