JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

JFD, could the reason some of your mods don't work on my Civilization 5 be because I use a Mac version of the game and some of the files or mod dings aren't compatible with Macs?

Someone (don't know who) pointed out that I'd missed Lithuania, so they probably pushed the Vandals to a second row for you. I guess I'll have to make new civs to fix that :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOH. Also, the mounted unit bonus form the Armenian GG, does that add on or negate the penalty?

I couldn't say; possibly, though.

I am absolutely confused to how the mod doesn't work when your French, Lincoln, Carthage mods work fine. I checked the Churchill Mod and in the modinfo file the Mac support line was labeled with a "1" so it means when the mod was made it should have worked for Macs.

OOOOOOOOOOOH. Also, the mounted unit bonus form the Armenian GG, does that add on or negate the penalty?

I think the bonus is just enough to kill the penalty and then give you a small boost in addition.

I am absolutely confused to how the mod doesn't work when your French, Lincoln, Carthage mods work fine. I checked the Churchill Mod and in the modinfo file the Mac support line was labeled with a "1" so it means when the mod was made it should have worked for Macs.

You have logging enabled, correct?

Anyway, England Revision added:

Elizabeth - England (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of England - Elizabeth

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Grand Carrack (including retexture))

The UA change won't be included in the Victoria mod, which is why I release it early. I'll endeavour to package all of the current revisions up and post on Steam, if I should be able to figure the best way to prevent conflict between Lua files.

So what will Vicky's UA be? And if I were to recreate the British Empire in TSL, who should I use: Great Britain or England?

So what will Vicky's UA be? And if I were to recreate the British Empire in TSL, who should I use: Great Britain or England?

You would use Great Britain, of course!

If the game can ever handle changing leaders in-game, that is how I have approached the three: Elizabeth is good at scouting out new lands and setting up early colonies, Victoria is good for large-scale expansion, and Churchill is good for defending it all.

You would use Great Britain, of course!

If the game can ever handle changing leaders in-game, that is how I have approached the three: Elizabeth is good at scouting out new lands and setting up early colonies, Victoria is good for large-scale expansion, and Churchill is good for defending it all.

When will GB come out?

Hey JFD, sorry to be a bother but whatever happened to your Switzerland mod? I have an itching to play as the civ but I can't find it anywhere. Is it being reworked?

When will GB come out?

When it's finished, I expect :)

Who will be your first Japanese leader, and approximately when?

Meiji; but there are no concrete plans for any other Japanese leaders. I can give no timeframe.

Hey JFD, sorry to be a bother but whatever happened to your Switzerland mod? I have an itching to play as the civ but I can't find it anywhere. Is it being reworked?

No bother. Switzerland will be getting a rework, yes. It's not on Steam as I accidentally overwrote it and didn't think it worth the effort to fix it, given that I am to overhaul it some time in the future.

In the meantime, it still works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljsu1g69io9hwgf/JFD The Swiss Confederacy (v 2).civ5mod

Why are people asking when mod x will come out? Did JFD ever answer those questions?
Be patient guys.

My apologies, but as Switzerland has already been released I want to know what went wrong. It's listed on the front page of the thread, but there's no link and the description isn't on the OP so I'm assuming JFD is reworking it. Just wanted to get confirmation if he's re-releasing it or if something went wrong.

EDIT: Thanks for the link! :D

My apologies, but as Switzerland has already been released I want to know what went wrong. It's listed on the front page of the thread, but there's no link and the description isn't on the OP so I'm assuming JFD is reworking it. Just wanted to get confirmation if he's re-releasing it or if something went wrong.

EDIT: Thanks for the link! :D

I think he was more refering to the questions about Japan and Great Britain, rather than Switzerland. But yes, both something went wrong, and I am reworking it ;)

Meanwhile, added a package of the revised civilisations for greater convenience (to users, I mean...):

Revised Civilisations

Download Full Pack | Subscribe to Full Pack
*Does not include France. Compatible with all of my mods.

America | Austria | Carthage | China | Denmark | England | France | Germany | Japan | Netherlands | Poland | Russia | Ottomans | Spain | Sweden
Author: JFD| Artist: Janboruta

Oh, haha. I was going to say Steam link will come shortly, but first I have to decide on a titlecard. Then I posted this and saw the perfect titlecard; so Steam will come shortly full stop :)

Looks like I need to hurry up and revise Sweden, Spain and Poland, to full in those unsightly gaps.​

To all people asking about, rather tentative, release dates, I can only tell that I'll need some time (unspecified amount, unfortunately), to address and wade through a pile of commissioned artwork, which pretty much needs my attention right now. I believe this'll give JFD time to plan out new features for civs awaiting a rework. I don't know in what order I will be doing new stuff - and I'm not always sure if my, pretty arbitrary and often wanton, choices of civs (planned and awaiting update) to do new art for necessarily fit his plans and/or desires. :p

To all people asking about, rather tentative, release dates, I can only tell that I'll need some time (unspecified amount, unfortunately), to address and wade through a pile of commissioned artwork, which pretty much needs my attention right now. I believe this'll give JFD time to plan out new features for civs awaiting a rework. I don't know in what order I will be doing new stuff - and I'm not always sure if my, pretty arbitrary and often wanton, choices of civs (planned and awaiting update) to do new art for necessarily fit his plans and/or desires. :p

I think everyone should be in agreement that you're work is heartily worth the wait.

Quick queation regarding the revised civs? Are they needed if you have the civs that change them anyways?? Bismark for instance which is the final version the revision or the one that comes with hitler?? I get the elizabeth one its done so here you go kids but the catherine and bismark and suliem fox me.

As always great work. If only there were more time to give each a go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom