JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Moving on:
This line confuses me:

:confused: Can't CSs not already declare war on you anyway?

Unprovoked means for when a City-State declares war against you as a result of being allied with a major civ that has just declared war against you - so in the case for Switzerland, they won't. They'll still declare war upon you if you declare war against them, or if you cause all City-States to band together against you.

And +20% :c5gold:... :dubious: Anyone else think that might - might - be a liiittle on the OP side?

I did at first think this; but you must give up quite a bit to get it - Declarations of Friendships come with Research Agreements, lump sums of gold, Defensive Pacts and better deals. Which well reminds me of one of the decisions that is now partially contradictory... I'll have to update that tomorrow :/

I never actually made the code. But I promise that the next new civ will be making use of that (it fits the leader so much better than Switzerland). However, you don't need to wait for me - you can just have a look at the TurnsRemaining.lua in the Scramble for Africa scenario (assuming you have it); where war is prohibited between civ groups (European, Sub-Saharan and Northern African)

EDIT: It's just a CanDeclareWar event - but I expect that it's only for BNW. An example from the Scramble for Africa scenario:

Code:
GameEvents.CanDeclareWar.Add(function(myTeam, theirTeam) 

local myPlayer = -1;
	local theirPlayer = -1;

for iLoopPlayer = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS-1, 1 do
	    local pLoopPlayer = Players[iLoopPlayer];
	    if (pLoopPlayer:GetTeam() == myTeam) then
			myPlayer = iLoopPlayer;
	    end
	    if (pLoopPlayer:GetTeam() == theirTeam) then
			theirPlayer = iLoopPlayer;
	    end
	    if (myPlayer ~= -1 and theirPlayer ~= -1) then
			break;
	    end
	end

local bIAmEuropean = false;
	local bTheyAreEuropean = false;
	local bIAmNAfrican = false;
	local bTheyAreNAfrican = false;

if (myPlayer == Belgium_PlayerID or myPlayer == France_PlayerID or myPlayer == England_PlayerID or
	    myPlayer == Germany_PlayerID or myPlayer == Italy_PlayerID or myPlayer == Portugal_PlayerID) then
		bIAmEuropean = true;
	end
	if (theirPlayer == Belgium_PlayerID or theirPlayer == France_PlayerID or theirPlayer == England_PlayerID or
	    theirPlayer == Germany_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Italy_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Portugal_PlayerID) then
		bTheyAreEuropean = true;
	end
	if (myPlayer == Egypt_PlayerID or myPlayer == Morocco_PlayerID or myPlayer == Ottoman_PlayerID) then
		bIAmNAfrican = true;
	end
	if (theirPlayer == Egypt_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Morocco_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Ottoman_PlayerID) then
		bTheyAreNAfrican = true;
	end

-- N. African on N. African?
	if (bIAmNAfrican and bTheyAreNAfrican) then
		return false;
	end

-- European on European?
	if (bIAmEuropean and bTheyAreEuropean) then
		return false;
	end

return true;
end);

According to this thread, CanDeclareWar should be functional with not only BNW, but also G&K and BNW. So I can hopefully probably make this work! Thanks :)

Quick question though which I could probably easily find out but I'm too lazy to find the thread - do you know if Decisions is restricted to BNW?

(And yes I do have BNW now. But I still try to make my civs compatible with G&K, mostly out of tradition and stubbornness)

Looks great...but who gets Austria's original color scheme?

Unprovoked means for when a City-State declares war against you as a result of being allied with a major civ that has just declared war against you - so in the case for Switzerland, they won't. They'll still declare war upon you if you declare war against them, or if you cause all City-States to band together against you.
But they'll still go to war with you if they were angry or scared of you before their ally declared war on you?

According to this thread, CanDeclareWar should be functional with not only BNW, but also G&K and BNW. So I can hopefully probably make this work! Thanks :)

Quick question though which I could probably easily find out but I'm too lazy to find the thread - do you know if Decisions is restricted to BNW?

Not as far as I know; at the very least, it's not dependent upon BNW.

But they'll still go to war with you if they were angry or scared of you before their ally declared war on you?

Nope; they'll still honour Swiss neutrality until Switzerland themselves breaks it.

Looks great...but who gets Austria's original color scheme?

Austria does :p Sukritact proposed this alternate icon and colour scheme, which ultimately looked much better than the icon I had originally made. Although perhaps you mean within the Austrian revised mod; in that case, no one - there's enough red civs :)

Make poland use it! :D Speaking of which, do you have any plans for the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth?

You'll have to ask Janboruta about that one ;)

Although I will need a lot of help here, and I'll probably end copypasting quite a lot of stuff :p

I find the red-brown Polish scheme from BNW very, very good and dignified. Red-white might come in handy as an alternative, but I'm not yet entirely convinced.

I did; and I depreciated it because the UA didn't work out (being about the move your Palace had unforeseeable and disastrous consequences :p). Then the alternate UA wasn't possible, but it really appealed (Castles create automatic City Connections). However, I do think I'll re-release Normandy at some point. Seeing as I'm down to four updates to go (Papal States, HRE, Vandals and Roosevelt), throwing Normandy in the midst isn't too bad an idea.

However, I do think I'll re-release Normandy at some point. Seeing as I'm down to four updates to go (Papal States, HRE, Vandals and Roosevelt), throwing Normandy in the midst isn't too bad an idea.

And since base art for the leader is readily available to transform it into a decent LH - I see no problem. Only the UU will need a new icon, I believe? Well, that's a plan for the future. I think I'd even work on Roosevelt earlier :D

Austria does :p Sukritact proposed this alternate icon and colour scheme, which ultimately looked much better than the icon I had originally made. Although perhaps you mean within the Austrian revised mod; in that case, no one - there's enough red civs :)

Fair enough...frees it up if I ever go for Turkey!

Top Bottom