JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

No, no. Austria's colours are changed in the Austrian revised mod (the one that adapts the changes from Hungary of the Hussar into its own mod), but not in any of the civ mods, nor will it be in any future one (unless Normandy really needs the colour scheme).

Okay, excellent. Though that didn't quite help, it proved that there are no Lua issues coming from my civs (and surprisingly few overall, considering how many mods you're using - if you're encountering problems with opening the CultureOverview UI, incidentally, you'll want to disable Paraguay until Leugi can get to fixing the issue with that). Next I'll need your Database.log file - although I can't guarantee it'll help any better.

Okay, excellent. Though that didn't quite help, it proved that there are no Lua issues coming from my civs (and surprisingly few overall, considering how many mods you're using - if you're encountering problems with opening the CultureOverview UI, incidentally, you'll want to disable Paraguay until Leugi can get to fixing the issue with that). Next I'll need your Database.log file - although I can't guarantee it'll help any better.

...I didn't care about Patria Grande anyway

The preclusion of the oil is a thematic and flavoursome shame, but I didn't want to have the UA composed of too many distinct parts. If I had kept the Knarr, it would have certainly been applied. But it is not about focusing on Medieval Norway; it is about a coherent and driving theme, which being able to build oil rigs in neutral territory defeats (why colonise, if you don't need cities to improve oil?)

I see that your civs have themes, which I appreciate. The problem, though, is that some countries/civilizations of real life have several high points, Norway being one of them (at least in my opinion, for example during the middle ages with all the colonies, a concept I'm happy to say you represent very well in this mod, and after 1969, with the oil discovery and what not).

You do, however, solve this problem by simply making several civs for the same country, with leaders from different high points. But in this case I do not see anyone outside of Norway being interested in doing another civ just to do something unique about maritime oil resources. Norway may, in fact, never be associated with oil in civ 5, unless I learn modding somehow, which probably never will happen, and if it does, it will probably fall into my steadily growing pile of unfinished projects. Truly a shame.

On a side note, it strikes me as odd that Norway recieves double quantity of pearls. We have plenty of both crabs and whales, but not a lot of pearls (as far as I know, at least). I guess it's just you finishing off the collection of maritime luxuries.

And another shame is not including anything about fish. Ermagerd. Seriously though, before the oil, fishing was our biggest industry, and today it's still one of them, Norway being one of the greatest exporters of fish even today.

Sorry if you find me rude/picky/weird/annoying. It's the result of a nationlistic instinct that wants my home country to be well represented in an including and historically correct fashion, and of my brain wanting civ 5 to be more like real life, combined with my strange personality. I love your civs, and the Norway civ seems fantastic :). I look forward to trying it out after my holiday in the US (which I'm on right now).

Iirc, Leugi just fixed the Paraguay bug.

Also, Norway - why are there no benefits for Potato?

Link to video.

I'm getting TXT_KEY... etc errors with Norway :|. Something is up with the GameText XML?

i'm getting the same problem with norway and denmark with the message TXT_KEY i did turn norway off to see if denmark was having a problem with any other civ but it was ok hope this isnt to hard to fix as i love this mod great work :goodjob:

I see that your civs have themes, which I appreciate. The problem, though, is that some countries/civilizations of real life have several high points, Norway being one of them (at least in my opinion, for example during the middle ages with all the colonies, a concept I'm happy to say you represent very well in this mod, and after 1969, with the oil discovery and what not).

You do, however, solve this problem by simply making several civs for the same country, with leaders from different high points. But in this case I do not see anyone outside of Norway being interested in doing another civ just to do something unique about maritime oil resources. Norway may, in fact, never be associated with oil in civ 5, unless I learn modding somehow, which probably never will happen, and if it does, it will probably fall into my steadily growing pile of unfinished projects. Truly a shame.

On a side note, it strikes me as odd that Norway recieves double quantity of pearls. We have plenty of both crabs and whales, but not a lot of pearls (as far as I know, at least). I guess it's just you finishing off the collection of maritime luxuries.

And another shame is not including anything about fish. Ermagerd. Seriously though, before the oil, fishing was our biggest industry, and today it's still one of them, Norway being one of the greatest exporters of fish even today.

Sorry if you find me rude/picky/weird/annoying. It's the result of a nationlistic instinct that wants my home country to be well represented in an including and historically correct fashion, and of my brain wanting civ 5 to be more like real life, combined with my strange personality. I love your civs, and the Norway civ seems fantastic :). I look forward to trying it out after my holiday in the US (which I'm on right now).

I feel bad now! I'll see what I can do to fit something to do with Fish in whilst I'm reconsidering Denmark; however, I stand firm against putting anything to do with Oil it - it simply goes against the design too much. The Norwegian fishing industry is a strange symbol of their independence of the Merkelreich, so I would include it if only to praise Norway for their resilience.

could you give an old stable dl of noramdy?

Quite literally is none, I'm afraid.

i'm getting the same problem with norway and denmark with the message TXT_KEY i did turn norway off to see if denmark was having a problem with any other civ but it was ok hope this isnt to hard to fix as i love this mod great work :goodjob:

I'll take a look; though it can't be too obvious, as I never noticed it, nor noticed it in the Database.log through testing. Could you give me the full tag?

I feel bad now! I'll see what I can do to fit something to do with Fish in whilst I'm reconsidering Denmark; however, I stand firm against putting anything to do with Oil it - it simply goes against the design too much. The Norwegian fishing industry is a strange symbol of their independence of the Merkelreich, so I would include it if only to praise Norway for their resilience.

Quite literally is none, I'm afraid.

I'll take a look; though it can't be too obvious, as I never noticed it, nor noticed it in the Database.log through testing. Could you give me the full tag?

I think that it's all of Norway's text. The error was present with the civ name and Oslo when I placed it on the map in WB. This is usually due to a broken tag or misplaced < somewhere invalidating the whole file.

Yes, but if it's everything, it's going to come down to a conflict with another mod - because I would've noticed everything like that :p

Do you have your Database log that I can take a lok at?

ok i just turned off all mods except norway and its working fine.... now to turn on each mod 1 by 1 to see the problem... well thats my day set. still thanks for the mods :D

If you can provide your list of mods, I might be able to see something that would conflict - I honestly have no idea what though, as I always give my stuff unique tags (with JFD_) in them, so there shouldn't be a conflict.

JFD, I had the Norwegian TXT problem when active alongside Tarcisio's Parthians.

And I had the Russian icons conflict yet again, but now I don't know if it just reappeared out of the blue, or because of the Austrian new icon.
And suddenly Victoria assumed Elizabeth's colour scheme in one of my test games (but kept the shiny icon). What is happening. ._.

i found the civ that was causing the issue but the full tag was

TXT_KEY_LEADER_JFD_HAAKON - TXT_KEY_CIV_JFD_NORMANDY_SHORT_DESC (TXT_KEY_TRAIT_JFD_NORWAY)

the civ for me was Tarcisio's Pathians too. Thank you for the offer of help i didnt see it till i figured out the problem

JFD, I had the Norwegian TXT problem when active alongside Tarcisio's Parthians.

And I had the Russian icons conflict yet again, but now I don't know if it just reappeared out of the blue, or because of the Austrian new icon.
And suddenly Victoria assumed Elizabeth's colour scheme in one of my test games (but kept the shiny icon). What is happening. ._.

Dammit. I think it's because I recently updated Lenin! Nicholas is distraught. I'll just completely re-do how I set it up (I took the lazy route and combined Nicholas' and Peter's atlases into one, so I guess I shouldn't do that).

I think I may know what's up with Vicky, and I'll get that fixed soon.

I'll took at look at the Parthians and see if I can't figure why there's a conflict between Norway and Parthia (a previously unknown piece of history)

Okay, small update to Switzerland:

• UA rewritten by Sukritact so that it is clearer that the neutrality gold bonus is only suspended, not removed entirely, if you aren't neutral with a civ
  • Buffed the Swiss decision about Research Agreements (even though RAs require friendship, and the UA asks you not to have friends, this decision will help make having at least one research buddy more viable)

Please do not update if you're in the middle of a game.

Brilliant! Going to miss those colours and that icon though. It was always so sleek.

The leaderscreen is also great, although something about his neck and head irks me, it looks as if it's too big for his body.

Top Bottom