JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Does the community patch still have compatibility issues with a bunch of mod civs?

Did it ever?

The cp 1.3.9 has issue with Tibet and song at least. culture output will be very strange when they are enabled together

Hm... What is 1.3.9?

RIP JFD mods for mac users </3

This means that I should not update your civs from now on?

I'll miss you
**jumps on his funeral pyre**

Oh wow, yeah, I didn't think of that. Sorry. I'll try to remember to keep older versions around. It won't be for some time anyway.

It's the AI stuff that turns me off. That, and IIRC Civ IV Diplomacy comes bundled with it and I don't like it.

As said, Civ IV Diplomacy is a standalone mod, which you can leave disabled.

No, he was Dick. As in Tricky Dick. Although the war protesters of the time may have just used his shortened given name as an expletive during the "bomb-you-back-to-the-negotiating-table" campaigns. I'm sure the descendants of the Vietnamese people of the time probably also have an interesting name for him, along with one for Johnson.

Checkers confirmed for UA.

In SP I run a VERY risky style of play that completely ignores armies and revolves around selling nearly all my Luxuries for Gold and getting all other Civs to be at war with one another. If CP starts making changes to those things - so maybe Shaka will decide to take on both me and Catherine at the same time, or I won't get enough gold from Bismark buying my wine - that's when I get really worried.

I have to admit that I'm not the least bit sympathetic then.

That is something in dire need of fixing, JFD, due to severe anachronicity. I will require that fix to add previously unnanounced civs of yours to my own art-to-do list. Sincerely, your Artistriarch. :p

(just making them both come as early as Churchill's Dreadnought would be enough, so you don't have to update Churchill. The Brits didn't suspect the dreadnought-type would supplant traditional battleship design so soon, and they still had designs for pre-dreadnoughts). Though if Churchill gets updated, he could have the Dreadnought at normal tech, and George get his own earlier.

Ugh, I totally had that to start, but thought it would be better not to overlap with Churchill. At your command, I will change it.

Didn't expect you to be.

Although, I have tried playing with the Community Patch, Cultural Diversity, Exploration Continued Expanded, Cities in Development, Rise to Power and George V at the same time...

Can't actually build anything. No, seriously.

Database.log here, which is where the problem seems to be emanating from.

Spoiler :
Code:
[276168.656] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[276168.656] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[276170.875] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[276172.187] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[276174.125] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[276174.125] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[276175.125] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[276175.140] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[276175.140] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[276180.390] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[276180.390] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276180.390] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276183.609] Failed Validation.
[276184.203] 
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6264288		75914768
PageCache:	6		12
LookAside:	0		0
Scratch:	0		1

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	5849424		62986560
Scratch:	0		0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc:		262144
PageCache:	1172
Scratch:	6640

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
------------------------------
[276184.234] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[276184.234] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276184.234] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276187.468] Failed Validation.
[276188.015] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6265464		75914768
PageCache:	6		12

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	5850600		62986560

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
[276231.546] duplicate column name: SlotTexture
[276233.734] table Building_JFD_CrimeMods has no column named IsLoyalty
[276238.218] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[276238.218] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276238.218] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276239.750] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "write a bug on this" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276241.968] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.PediaEntry - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276242.046] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Help - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER_HELP" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276242.125] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Description - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276244.250] Failed Validation.
[276245.937] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		12582464		75914768
PageCache:	7		224

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	11593008		62986560

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
Current:		12
[276246.015] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[276246.015] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276246.015] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[276247.562] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "write a bug on this" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276249.765] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.PediaEntry - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276249.859] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Help - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER_HELP" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276249.921] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Description - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVENTS_JFD_VENTURER" does not exist in Language_en_US
[276252.062] Failed Validation.
[276253.718] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		12583640		75914768
PageCache:	7		224

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	11594184		62986560

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
Current:		12
[276291.343] no such column: Type
[276291.343] In Query - select * from Natural_Wonder_Placement where Type = ? LIMIT 1
[276323.406] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276323.406] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276323.500] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276323.500] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276324.484] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276324.484] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276325.484] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276325.484] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276329.781] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276329.781] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276330.250] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276330.250] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276330.828] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276330.828] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'
[276335.750] no such column: IsLoyalty
[276335.750] In Query - select * from Building_JFD_CrimeMods where IsLoyalty = 1 AND CrimeType = 'CRIME_JFD_CULTURE'

You should take your transition to the CP slowly, otherwise you'll acquire a conflated sense of what it does.

Is everything up to date? April 9th beta of the CP, CID v39, RtP v21, CulDiv v7, ExCE v14?

RtP was still v16 for some reason.

You should take your transition to the CP slowly, otherwise you'll acquire a conflated sense of what it does.

Oh, so now you don't want us to install CP? Make up your mind! :crazyeye:
Don't know why (non-JFD) people are so aggro about me not installing a mod :p
Although if something really grabs me, and I mean like next-level grabs me (it has before with pretty simple mods) I'll be forced to stuff the CP in me like a... tasteful analogy.

Oh, so now you don't want us to install CP? Make up your mind! :crazyeye:
Don't know why (non-JFD) people are so aggro about me not installing a mod :p
Although if something really grabs me, and I mean like next-level grabs me (it has before with pretty simple mods) I'll be forced to stuff the CP in me like a... tasteful analogy.

You should install it alone, to get a sense of how it affects - or doesn't affect - your game. That way, if there is something about the AI you don't like, you can bring it up to Gazebo.

Well, guess I'll have to release the next update to WatM then, won't I? ;)

*bows before you* Constantine's design is great, but I would have subscribed for the peace music alone. Happy to see Innocent at or near the top of the list for next release!

WW1 era city-lists for France and America are sought, but otherwise I'll go with de Gaulle's and Franklin's.

If you end up using de Gaulle's, make sure to remove any cities from Alsace-Lorraine, which was under German control at the time ;)

EDIT: ninjaaaas

French WW1 list. Biggest ones at the top, but then it's a jumble so it differs from other Frances enough. :p

Spoiler :
Paris
Lyon
Bordeaux
Marseille
Toulouse
Dijon
Reims
Nancy
Lille
Caen
Verdun
Amiens
Boulogne
Le Havre
Toulon
Besancon
Cambrai
Montpellier
Rouen
Troyes
Calais
Arras
Nantes
Rennes
Tours
Bourges
Sedan
Angers
Brest
Orleans
Clermont-Ferrand
Roanne
Beziers
Poitiers
Limoges
Chalons
Douai
Saint-Quentin
Laon
Toul
Auxerre
Bayonne
Alencon
Chartres
Sens

French WW1 list. Biggest ones at the top, but then it's a jumble so it differs from other Frances enough. :p

Spoiler :
Paris
Lyon
Bordeaux
Marseille
Toulouse
Dijon
Reims
Nancy
Lille
Caen
Verdun
Amiens
Boulogne
Le Havre
Toulon
Besancon
Cambrai
Montpellier
Rouen
Troyes
Calais
Arras
Nantes
Rennes
Tours
Bourges
Sedan
Angers
Brest
Orleans
Clermont-Ferrand
Roanne
Beziers
Poitiers
Limoges
Chalons
Douai
Saint-Quentin
Laon
Toul
Auxerre
Bayonne
Alencon
Chartres
Sens

Awesome, thanks :D

Spoiler :
Washington
New York
Chicago
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Boston
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Buffalo
San Francisco
Milwaukee
Cincinnati
Newark
New Orleans
Los Angeles
Minneapolis
Jersey City
Kansas City
Seattle
Indianapolis
Providence
Louisville
Rochester
St. Paul
Denver
Portland
Columbus
Toledo
Atlanta
Oakland
Worcester
Syracuse
New Haven
Birmingham
Memphis
Scranton
Richmond
Peterson
Omaha
Fall River
Dayton
Grand Rapids
Nashville

WW1 US list. Used a list of the largest cities from the 1910 census to make it.

Dear Alien King Typhlomence,

It would appear that all but the Greeting and Defeat unique texts for Nicholas and Wilhelm aren't working as hoped (i.e. at all). If you happen to have a free moment, would you please have a look and see that I have set everything up correctly? Thank you muchly.

Sincerely,

Emperor JFD.

Ah, it seems his Modjesty requires my humble assistance?

I did a quick test with the latest beta of the CP, Nicholas and George, and revealing the map on the first turn, I get George's "Hail cousin. How fares the empire?", as expected.

There is a typo for the one on defeat, - you have a stray comma, so the code tries to change the response "RESPONSE_DEFEATED,", which obviously doesn't exist. You also do "RESPONSE_TOO_SOON_NO_PEACE" twice, but that doesn't actually cause a problem (both of these issues are the same for Nicholas and Wilheim). What you have seems to be set up fine, in general, though - I renabled/added some print statements in the Lua to check if everything worked fine, and it seemed to be the case.

This is what I got when I used FireTuner to check each of the responses for George to Nicholas (with the defeated error intact):
Spoiler :
Code:
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_FIRST_GREETING")
Hail, cousin. How fares the Empire?
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DEFEATED") <-- wasn't changed due to the typo
I will not cower in defeat, but instead stand proud in the knowledge that my people shall remember me fondly.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_WEAK_HOSTILE")
You have made a terrible mistake, cousin.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_STRONG_HOSTILE")
You have made a terrible mistake, cousin.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_EXCITED")
Very well, cousin. But I will not make this easy for you.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_STRONG_EXCITED")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_WEAK_EXCITED")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_SAD")
I am disappointed in you, cousin. Could we not have settled this like family?
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_ATTACKED_BETRAYED")
I am disappointed in you, cousin. Could we not have settled this like family?
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_GENERIC")
I am sorry, cousin, but we must settle our differences on the battlefield.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_LAND")
It is clear that you are not fit to rule, cousin. I must remove you.
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_WORLD_CONQUEST")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_OPPORTUNITY")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_DESPERATE")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_BETRAYAL")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_DOW_WEAK_BETRAYAL")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_WAR_DEMAND_REFUSED")
> Game.GetDiploResponse("LEADER_JFD_GE_GEORGE_V", "RESPONSE_TOO_SOON_NO_PEACE")
It is much too soon for that.
This was with the absolute barest bones, though - only the core CP beta (installed manually), Nicholas and George were enabled. What was your configuration when you encountered the text not changing?

Top Bottom