Joseph Paxton

greggy_roostah

Chieftain
I just got Joseph Paxton, Great Engineer (Civ 6). His active ability is to provide +1 Amenity within an Entertainment District for each "regional building." I transferred him to Paris (playing as France) and activated him within the Entertainment Complex which has several buildings. Nothing happened. No increase in amenities, and the city status still reads 0 amenities from Great People.

Any thughts on this? Whats the best strategy for Joseph Paxton?

What happened to your amenities on the NEXT turn. Often (or always), you activate the person and the game doesn't make all the adjustments to stats until the following turn.

Yes, I waited until the next turn. Nothing.

Also, do you known what "extending reach of regional buildings" would mean in this case?

Yes, I waited until the next turn. Nothing.

Also, do you known what "extending reach of regional buildings" would mean in this case?
Maybe check your other cities amenities?
Maybe since the requirement is he affects only regional buildings (Zoo and Stadium) it might only affect the amenities of the other cities within range?

Last edited:
Wasn't the hex range extension thing bugged from the start? I seem to remember something about it not applying effects. 'twas a long time ago :)

What if Paris actually got the amenity bonus, but because another city was at -1 amenity, Paris transferred one luxury to another city that is now to 0?
iirc, the game does not let you affect the amenities, it assigns them to the city that needs them the most.

Top Bottom