JRandomNames Mod

Jeckel, thought of another idea as to the 1st Beijing Warrior (Warrior) thing...

Why not get rid of the Warrior so it will make 1st Beijing (Warrior). If getting rid of the (warrior) is difficult without installing that mongoose mod, is there a way of getting rid of the first bit instead (which might be a lot easier I reckon?)

Hey Jeckel, Great work!

I do have a problem. For some reason the increments do not seem to be working.

For example I get Scout 2 (Scout) then I create Scout 4 (Scout)
Or in a worse case I get 1st Rome Archer and then Another 1st Rome Archer at one point I had 10 1st Rome Archer's running around. Now I am all for cloning and clone warfare but dontcha think that should come MUCH later in the tech tree :)

Trying to get my Mod out in .5 beta form this week would love to have this fixed if I could. Now I do see other mod's using this without a problem so its obvious it is something on my end.

ALSO when a new naming engine is engaged. (The City Name Engine) I get a message sent to the window that says its set to true is there something I am doing wrong?

Ket said:
Hey Jeckel, Great work!

Or in a worse case I get 1st Rome Archer and then Another 1st Rome Archer at one point I had 10 1st Rome Archer's running around. Now I am all for cloning and clone warfare but dontcha think that should come MUCH later in the tech tree :)

Trying to get my Mod out in .5 beta form this week would love to have this fixed if I could. Now I do see other mod's using this without a problem so its obvious it is something on my end.

ALSO when a new naming engine is engaged. (The City Name Engine) I get a message sent to the window that says its set to true is there something I am doing wrong?

Yea, I have also noticed the failer to increment properly some of the names. It is on the list and will be fixed in the version. As to when that will be out, I would count on it this week, but maybe this weekend.

That message, if I'm understanding you right, is just saying that the mod is turned on. The message is shown for all mods that use Dr Elmer Jiggle's CustomEventManager. Just ignore it.

Glad you like the mod and thanx again for the error report. :)

zulu9812 said:
You know, I was just thinking that we're past the middle of August now...:mischief:

[party] :cool: :king: :queen: :cool: [party] :banana: :band: [party] [pimp] :jesus: :banana:

...huh.. what.. O, aaa, yea, I'm right on that.. hehe :p

But seriously, I ran into some problems with the JNavalEnhancements Mod I was going to release last week and it eat up a bunch of my time. However, I have pushed that project onto the back burner and started my modcomp update phase a few days ago. I have the JFirstContact updated and released and am starting on JRamdomNames today. Taking RL stuff into consideration, I should have the next version of this mod out by this weekend, Tuesday of next week at the latest. :whipped:

As to your naming engine specificly, see the pm I am going to send you in about 20 minutes.

Ket said:
Hey Jeckel, Great work!

Or in a worse case I get 1st Rome Archer and then Another 1st Rome Archer at one point I had 10 1st Rome Archer's running around.

oh...:sad:
i do have the problem too...
so, jeckel.. how to fix this problem?

I think I have both those issues fixed in the next version I am planning to release tomorrow. Just making my way home and will post it when I get there and get unpacked. :)

Jeckel said:
I think I have both those issues fixed in the next version I am planning to release tomorrow. Just making my way home and will post it when I get there and get unpacked. :)

expect it.

K, I posted v0.41, give it a try. The unit count glitch should be fixed, don't remember exactly what else I did, but I think I fixed that other error or atleast am trying a different way of doing it. So let me know any problems, sorry if it takes me a bit to get some of this stuff done, but this is just a hobby and doesn't pay the bills. ;)

There aren't any new naming engines in this version. I have a few written up, but just haven't had time to combine them into this mod. I will work on that if I get a chance, but don't look for a new version of this any time soon. :)

Question:

civilizationNameHash = {
"CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" :
{

How could that be changed to essentialy an OR statement

In Psudo...

If CivNameHash = "Civ_America" Or "Civ_Canada" or...
Process Pre(), Mid(), Last()

The civilizationNameHash you mention is just a dictionary used to store data. It doesn't have anything to do with OR or AND statements. What exactly are you trying to do?

There is a small bug in a fork of this. Amra/Patricis Great Person Mod uses TheLopez original rename to rename great people. So the bug happens when it tries to rename someone's great person who is in an expansion civ thats easy enough to fix by moving things to a later version but when you start addng civ's I dont wnt to create a dictionary of names so I just want to associate a dictionary with certain civ's... That way I can squash this python error once and for all :)

I'm not exactly sure what your meaning Ket, but I think your referring to the fact that TheLopez's RandomNames component errors if it is given a name for a civ that isn't in the civNameHash. It shouldn't matter in this mod, I found that error back when I updated this to Warlords. I added in the Warlords civs as empty lists to the civNameHash, but I also built in a check that should just skip the unit if there is no name list in the hash.

Awesome I will merge in those changes...

I can't seem to get this to work. I put it in the warlords/mod folder, load it up, and when new units are built they still are only named "Warrior." Is there more to the installation than that? I don't know much about python, but I see there is a section of code that was in the cvpath file on the other downloadable version, v0.37, that isn't in v0.41- is that the reason?

Jeckel - Just tried (my mod suggestion only) Random Names on a new Warlords game, the city naming for the units works but they dont seem to follow in numerical order. First Warrior unit produced by London was 1st Warrior London, the second warrior was also called 1st Warrior...(this has nothing to do with the warrior you start with of course which will always be simply Warrior)

Also - any luck with taking out one of the Warrior names so that you dont get 1st London Warrior (Warrior) ?

1st London (Warrior) would be OK. So would 1st London Warrior. Doesnt really matter but it looks better! :)

Feel free to lift the borg naming code that I put into my cobbled mod pack (see sig). It is all self contained in 1 file so should be fairly easy to lift.

Is this mod compatible with Warlords 2.08? I just tried loading it (by itself) in version 2.08, and I didn't see anything different about the names. I tried changing expansionWarlords in CvModname.py from false to true, but that didn't help. Is there something else I need to do, either in configuration or triggering the random names in the game itself?

Top Bottom