June/July Patch Notes

If landed elite is actually implemented as -10% :c5unhappy: then it can be combined with meritocracy to get -15% total plus one :c5happy: per city, so not too bad overall. If you get normal :c5unhappy: in a city with 9 pop, then just keep the same level of :c5unhappy: at 10 pop then the policy won't be as useful.

Landed elite is not -10% :c5unhappy: but +1 :c5happy: per 10 citizens. It's quite a different thing and I can't see a conflict with meritocracy.

How exactly does Landed Elite work? Is it 1 Happiness for every 10 citizens in ONE city, or the entire empire population combined? Landed Elite seems like the most worthless policy ever if its the former (and if it's the latter, it's still not much better).

It seems to work as this:

You get to 10 citizens in a city and gain 1 happy.

This works for every city. I don't think it's taking the sum of pop then giving happiness, since it's rather specific about the "in each city" part.

Do you have a more developed opinion on whether mods will work with Hotseat?

I'm hoping something you've changed your mind from earlier posts.

Changed my mind from earlier posts? Erm, which posts do you mean? :lol:

And I have no idea if mods will work with hotseat. :borg:

It seems to work as this:

You get to 10 citizens in a city and gain 1 happy.

This works for every city. I don't think it's taking the sum of pop then giving happiness, since it's rather specific about the "in each city" part.

Yeah, after re-reading that it appears to be one of the weakest SP's now instead of a very early poor-man's theocracy. Monarchy is a LOT more powerful now, it garners a few :c5happy: early in the game + lots of gold, only getting better over time; landed elite is nearly useless until the late/very late stages of the game. It's worse than republic now.

Changed my mind from earlier posts? Erm, which posts do you mean? :lol:

And I have no idea if mods will work with hotseat. :borg:

When I asked about it in the Hotseat thread you made it clear that you didn't think hotseat would be mod-compatible. Or so I thought..:p Guess you were just discussing the phrasing I used when asking. So there's still hope:D

2k Greg's grammar horrifies me.:sad:

Agreed. At least when people on the internet apostrophise 'idiots' it is funny. This is just sad, and VERY annoying!

When I asked about it in the Hotseat thread you made it clear that you didn't think hotseat would be mod-compatible. Or so I thought..:p Guess you were just discussing the phrasing I used when asking. So there's still hope:D

Like I said, I have no idea. :borg:

Don't even remember that post though... :lol:

Thinking a DLC with a pikeman or spearman replacement given the AI adjustment, maybe Impi and the Zulu are coming?

Ooh, and someone who works in Stone! Like Zimbabwe perhaps ... did they have Spearmen?

Thinking a DLC with a pikeman or spearman replacement given the AI adjustment, maybe Impi and the Zulu are coming?

I might be totally out of my depth and ignorant here but isn't Zimbabwe also known for stone? (apologies if I'm wrong on that)

From wikipedia :)
Zimbabwe is unusual in Africa in that there are a number of ancient ruined cities built in a unique dry stone style. The most famous of these are the Great Zimbabwe ruins in Masvingo. Other ruins include Khami Ruins, Zimbabwe, Dhlo-Dhlo and Naletale, although none of these is as famous as Great Zimbabwe.

.. maybe a UB based on stone works and impi?

Oh, and Landed Elite has gone from OP to useless near as I can tell, only a few cities get over 10 for a long time.
It's a joke SP post patch. Also consider the cities growing from size 10 towards 20 which takes a looong time. Guess what - still only 1:c5happy: until you reach 20. And guess what - the :c5angry: will not freeze but clime steadily as the pop grows... :rolleyes:

It's a joke SP post patch. Also consider the cities growing from size 10 towards 20 which takes a looong time. Guess what - still only 1:c5happy: until you reach 20. And guess what - the :c5angry: will not freeze but clime steadily as the pop grows... :rolleyes:

I agree. I think 1 per 5 would have been much more reasonable. However, I'm sure that can be done. I'm eventually going to do a little Civ V modding and I'll be looking very, very carefully at things like that. Also, I'll be making the Camel Archer NOT require horses, I mean finally they got the idea that having the Mohawk not need Iron is a cool and historically fair thing to do, how do they miss Camel Archers needing Horses? They're essentially weak Keshiks, so give them that bonus.

That I think they missed an opportunity with England, they needed a little TLC for their UA as well.

Overall I like it. Even most of the nerfs are pretty reasonable.

Top Bottom