just a boring tecnical issue

Deggial

Emperor
I know, my proposal is not as thrilling as all the funny guesswork about gamefeatures and brilliant tactical concepts, but...

PLEASE, let us choose the Savegame-folder in Civ V!

In Civ IV it is just annoying, that you have to save in the "user" folder (under my games" or something like that...).
The reason, why I don't like it is, that this folder is located on c: partition and this partition is sacrosact for me, if I have the choice. (I have partitioned my harddrive in several partitions. C: is reserved for system, D: for "normal" programmes and E: is my data partition -> Savegames HERE!)

I know, this may not be a top-priority issue, but would be great, if taken under consideration.

Kind regards,
Deggial

Hi Deggial,

You can specify the location of save files in Civ 4. Just add /altroot=path to save files to the end of the command that starts the game. Hope this option makes it into Civ 5.

Petek

Hi Deggial,

You can specify the location of save files in Civ 4. Just add /altroot=path to save files to the end of the command that starts the game. Hope this option makes it into Civ 5.

Petek
Ugh. A command line option. That explains why I've never found it. Why cannot such things be in a config screen somewhere? Or in the civ.ini file for that matter. It's not logical to have such options spread over three different locations.

Top Bottom