Just downloaded the VP patch and almost everything that goes with it. Game crashes before startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFahFah

Chieftain
I've tried just the community patch (v 88) and it works just fine but as soon as I add the community balance overhaul it crashes. I also had CSD for CBP enabled with and without community balance overhaul because I read somewhere that you need those together. I also tried going into the files for civ 5 and there were instructions listed that I should delete the LAU folder. So I did but still no luck there. I'm not totally handy with computers or coding but I like playing civilization if it weren't for the crap AI. Can anyone help me out here try to get my game to work?

civ 5 1.JPG
Civ 5 2.JPG

Please post threads like this in the appropriate forum. Usually installation issues go in the How to Install thread.
If you only want to use the CP and CBO there's an option in the installer for that. Only use the default installation if you intend to enable all modules.
Also unsubscribe and delete Smart AI + More Luxuries v155. VP already has More Luxuries so having both will cause issues and I think I've read that having other DLL mods in your mod folder can be problematic, even when not ticked.
Since you were willing to use CSD I recommend removing the mods I stated above and enabling all modules after a reinstall. The 6th module is for compatibility with the Enhanced User Interface packed with VP, which is installed in the actual game folder.

Edit:
Wait, you even have two Community Patch folders...Get rid of the one not packed with the installer.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, I pretty much deleted all the other mods that weren't part of vox populi and it seemed to have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom