Just for fun........

Think about a Nazi civ lead by Hitler. What would the UA be? Perhaps the SS or Gestapo for a UU. And a unique building would be a concentration camp... Not only would they never add this civ because it is so controversial looking at what they did in history, but what their uniques would be could be quite awkward to say the least.

UA: +25% combat strength against civilizations with a different religion than yours.
It's just weird, let alone wrong.

I'm personally indifferent to whether Hitler makes an appearance in Civ though I don't think his inclusion would make designing a civilization with his era in mind unusually difficult as far as mechanics go. For one, he would most likely be representing Germany. (No need for this mysterious "Nazi civ" :).) His UA would be something military oriented, (to be honest, I think the current army cost reduction is fitting enough) and the UUs would be any two iconic Nazi military machines/personnel. I'm not well-versed enough in Nazi war units to offer recommendations though with all the buzz that seems to perpetually surround this man on these forums, it shouldn't be too hard to find some. I seriously doubt that concentration camps will ever make it in. If finding particular relevant units is too much of a hassle or a UB is wanted I suspect they could include one without such strong ties to the actual in-game leader (Tokugawa wasn't around for those special Zeros now, was he ;).)

Think about a Nazi civ lead by Hitler. What would the UA be? Perhaps the SS or Gestapo for a UU. And a unique building would be a concentration camp... Not only would they never add this civ because it is so controversial looking at what they did in history, but what their uniques would be could be quite awkward to say the least.

UA: +25% combat strength against civilizations with a different religion than yours.

Hitler was a great speaker, who could rile up the entire country.

Perhaps his UA would be something like unhappiness only is 50% as effective?

Same for Mao. :p In fact I believe he was in vanilla Civ4.(Except for the Chinese version, which was why they also had Qin Shi Huang as a leader)

Qin Shi Huangdi was most certainly, along with Mao, a leader in the vanilla version of Civ IV for general release. Mao was replaced with Taizong for the Chinese release, if I recall with a new leader head and all. Stalin was included in Warlords.

Stalin was also one of the original leaders in Civ I, as was Mao, who has been a vanilla release for all versions up to Civ V.

Lenin also appeared in Civ II.

Come to think of it, I finally realised the probably reason why they didn't include Mao as the leader of China this time. In Civ IV they had to make a whole new leader head to replace Mao with Taizong. The the resources to make that for Civ V it just wouldn't be economical and they may as well released both if they made both. The issue then would be having two leaders for China, but nobody else. Far easier to just pick another leader. I'm sure it being a female leader was a bonus too.

Thinking about it, the only other Civ game to have multiple leaders apart from Civ IV was Civ II, with male and female leaders for each Civ if I recall. I'm pretty sure they just made some up as well to fill out the numbers for Civs they couldn't find them for.

The UU would probably be the pazer (which is already a UU for Germany). The UB would probably be a replacment for factories which gives a bonus for science and production of military units. The UA would probably be blitzkrieg, a bonus while fighting in enemy territory. WWII was not a religious war, it wasn't like the crusades or anything like that. The other bad things that happened were a domestic issue, really not part of the international war.

I do agree that they will never be a civ though, and they shouldn't because they are not a civ. They are a government that lasted for a short period of time.

You know, that guy from the Pueblo...what was his name again? Popey?

Don't forget Leopold of Belgium

I don't really get the point of mentioning leaders of Civs that are far too small to be included. You know who else won't get included?

Jean-Claude Juncker
Hans Brunhart
Òscar Ribas Reig
Helen Clark

OH THE CONTROVERSY!

Popey should definitiely be top 5, considering he was going to be added and would have been a great character to add (Re-unified the Pueblo State, Destroyed the Spanish colony and forced the Spaniards to scrap plans to settle the interior of the US, re-instituted Pueblo tributary religion to unify the people, brought horses to the rest of North America via trade)

He almost got in too, but was stopped pre-emptively, definitely should be at least 5

To think of it. There are countless state that was rose and fallen and never even being mentioned in Civ, and in a civ that's in the Civ. Only few of them are included.

So they are actually tons of leader that, despite have his/her legend, being overshadowed by few individual that in-game and never was and will be represented in Civ. Unless future Civ dev thinking it is wise to have thousands of leader in a game.

I personally want to see Nero of Rome, Narai of Ayutthaya (Siam), Queen Himiko of Japan, Jeanne d'Arc (I wish to saw her in later installation), Nelson Mandala of South Africa and numberous unknown ruler over the world, I would happy to know them.

I don't really get the point of mentioning leaders of Civs that are far too small to be included. You know who else won't get included?

Jean-Claude Juncker
Hans Brunhart
Òscar Ribas Reig
Helen Clark

OH THE CONTROVERSY!

I believe we're in the thread called "Top 5 never to be added leaders" ...

Since I still have Stalin as my avatar, I would love to see him in future versions as well. I really wish they had the multiple leader options for all civs like in the past, but I know it's an ancillary thing more than anything. The Russians alone have 5 great (and diverse) candidates for leaders, 4 of which (Stalin, Peter, Catherine, Lenin) have appeared at some point, and Ivan would be worthy in his own right. Same with many other nations, but alas...

Moderator Action: Merged the threads for leaders and civs that are unlikely to be included.

Would be pretty embarrassing for someone to be wrong in this thread.

More on topic

Civilizations
1. Israel
2. Tibet
3. Mali
4. Pueblo
5. Thailand

Moderator Action: Merged the threads for leaders and civs that are unlikely to be included.

Would be pretty embarrassing for someone to be wrong in this thread.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yup, especially for the people that said Texas. ;)

1. Amish
2. Flanders
3. "The Amazon"
4. Aceh
5. Basque/Bosque the guess between France and Spain *i think*

Nan Madol
Kuhikugu
Kanem Bornu
Nenets

because unfortunately not enough known

Yeah, that makes me sad.

1. Indus Valley (no records of any leaders' names)
2. Haiti (even though Toussaint L'Ouverture would make a kick-ass leader)
3. Taiwan (because of China)
4. Kashmir (because of India?)
5. Singapore (alas, because we are so small...)

1. Canada :cry:
2. Israel :cry:
3. Ulm :cry:
4. Trebizond :cry:
5. Shu Han :cry:

Top Bottom