Just got my CIV V Strategy Guide!

I just love my office job, my best buddy and I talk about our BTS conquests while all these women go on and on about their sons and their lame tv shows.... and thanks to the OP for this info, hopefully your rest has relaxed your fingers for a few hours of typing for us today, I'm getting bored here at work!!! =-)

No, thats not what I want to know, I already know that will be the case, this is Civ, its going to be replayable. I think I can say with confidence, most of us are here just to get every little tid bit of information we can to crave our addiction to Civ as we wait the ardous and infinite 5 day wait for release. We could play Civ4 BTS instead, but it just wouldn't be the same. That would be comparable to someone needing a fix for heroin being offered some weed, well at least thats what I hear, I don't do any drug other than Civ, I'm a loyal customer Frixasis, Please don't "whack" me.

I haven't been able to play civ4 either. Even though I never did get a chance to play several highly rated mods. I don't think I'm done with civ4, however. I'll probably get back to it when I get bored of civ5.

I'm unable to devote any time to playing games at all. I don't want the emotional investment in something I won't "finish".

So until then, I'll waste time here. I wish they had more gameplay video available.

I'm confused why everyone just ignored my post reminding you what Greg said about the guides release date. -.- Until a pic of him/her holding the guide is posted I don't see why all of you would buy into what he/she is saying.

here it is for any non-believers.
just think if you would have ordered it monday 9-13 you coulda had it yesterday like me!
really it is shipping right now from gamesstop's website with overnight delivery option, if you order right now it could make it to you by the weekend!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78640

Attachments

• DSC02934.JPG
    DSC02934.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 683
  • DSC02933.JPG
    DSC02933.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 672
Itarm can you give us info about the following wonders which there is no info yet?

-Big Ben
-Sydney Opera House
-Himeji Castle
-Louvre Museum
-Pentagon
-Taj Mahal

Pfft - that hand looks photoshopped. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the info ltarmstrong3. Most of us appreciate it. :)

Yes, thanks very much ltarmstrong3. Any info you can fill in for Arioch's great site would be much appreceated.

Sorry if it has already been revealed but what's the info on naval transport? Speed of units at sea? (+ does England get its bonus movement on them too?)

Called my local Gamestop and the clerk said they shipped on the 14th so she is expecting them possibly in an hour with today's shipment.

If so, I will have it in hand in an hour. If not, I'll call a couple other Gamestops nearbye.

First of all: massive thanks to OP for all the cool info!

Second: Me wants MOAR! So, ok, what about:

- Effects of buildings like windmill, watermill, obsrvatory, opera, broadcast tower, museum, forge, workshop, airport... and there are more unique buildings yet to be discovered (mud mosque, for example)
- Great people special improvements
- Great wonder bonuses (already mentioned here): Eiffel tower, statue of liberty, sixtine chappel, Angkor Wat... we dont know what do they do (yet)

If they would have told everybody that the guide would be out sooner than the game, they would have sold much more copies. Bad strategy

The Krepost looks absolutely bad ass...faster culture capture of hexes means less money spent on acquiring new tiles. Not to mention the storm of indomitable cossacks that will sweep out from behind my front lines and decimate the wounded enemy.

This all of course happens after I play as Germany and my super duper Panzers crush the enemy tanks and sweep the battlefield.

I love how unique and thought out each Civ is...I will definitely being playing as a wider variety of civilizations then I did in IV. :D

Edit: Mud Pyramid Mosque is still quite possibly the stupidest name I've heard, right next to Paper Maker. :p

Russia looks absolutely incredible. I admit that the Cossack is so-so (a bonus against wounded enemies isn't bad - its just that thats when you need a bonus the least!). The Krepost is by far the best UB out there. From screenshots it looks like cities culture expands fairly slowly, but Russia should gobble up huge amounts of territory very quickly. After a temple and a monument, Russian cities will grow faster than french cities who also have those two improvements, and this bonus becomes even better as the game goes on.

And Siberian riches has been discussed to death already but, IMO, if resources are at all important and restrict the size of your army then Russia will be incredible.

Does the Aztec special ability work vs. barbs? If so their UU is perfect for pressing on for early culture/policies. I like the building, too.

Top Bottom