• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Just picked up a PC laptop just to play Civ5. Does it meet the requirements?

TheeMattMarquis

Chieftain
I just went and got a new laptop just to play Civ5 because my other laptop is a MacBook Pro.
I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole technical specifications stuff so I'm hoping someone can help me.

The laptop I picked up is a Toshiba Portege R705-P25.

Here are the specs:

Processor- Intel core i3- 350M/ 2.26 GHz (Dual-Core)

Memory- 8GB

Hard Drive- 500GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

Will Civ5 run okay?
And will it be in actual stores or only for download?

I just went and got a new laptop just to play Civ5 because my other laptop is a MacBook Pro.
I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole technical specifications stuff so I'm hoping someone can help me.

The laptop I picked up is a Toshiba Portege R705-P25.

Here are the specs:

Processor- Intel core i3- 350M/ 2.26 GHz (Dual-Core)

Memory- 8GB

Hard Drive- 500GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

Will Civ5 run okay?
And will it be in actual stores or only for download?

Your MBP is very likely to be much better than that

Sigh you rich nubs. Why not just run your Mac Book in windows mode or install an emulator?

And here I always thought the usual course of action was to ask for advice before splashing on a computer.

Return it!

Yes, return it ASAP.

If you have a long enough windows of return, maybe keep it to run the demo next week.

you can play 2 player games in DX9, but multi-player, bigger maps, and DX10 would be painfully slow I could imagine.

I would never recommend any, but the most expensive laptops for running any 3d games.

If you can't return it, well I have my fingers crossed for you.

You may not run it, or run with a lot of problems. I don't get how someone can say it will run np, when it's already clear that it won't support DirectX11 and not even DirectX10.
Considering you bought it on purpose, I'm afraid you've made a big mistake.
I have just bought a Toshiba, but mine has 4GB RAM and ATI 5650 video card.

+1 for 'Sigh you rich nubs'.

Why would anyone spend so much money on a crappy laptop in the hopes of playing video games when it doesnt even have a proper graphics card?

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying it before asking for advice :(

Yes, a very very silly mistake.

I suppose though, that this is why with every new video game release, the forums for whichever game get swarmed with 'will my computer run this game' questions, usually from people with lame laptop specs. They buy any random crappy laptop and expect it to be able to play the latest video games, thats asking for far too much.

Top Bottom