Just saying HELLO.....

vinnybarb

Chieftain
Hi, as I am new here, I just wanted to say a big HELLO to everyone and also ask a few questions myself. I discovered Civ4/Colonization in a bargain bin at my local EB store and since I played in the past a little DOS game called "Discovery of the New Worlds" which hooked me to these sort of games, well, I bought Colonization and started playing it.

As I discovered as have so many of you, Colonization is not exactly what I thought it was in regards to ONLY managing, trading, improving and building etc. my colonies and (what I thought ) just having a "sort of" confrontation with the king after a while to get my independence and then to get over this by defeating his forces. Then to go on to create further my own empire by increasing it, either keeping on trading with any or all other european parties and natives involved and by selectively defeating any or all of the other european nations occupying my created New World.

But apparently this is not so as once I gain my independence the game finishes. Plus as far as I can see there is only ONE other European power in my New world beside all the native tribes there.

Is there such a way to do the above in the game without a mod? If there is, how? Or if there is/are such mod, which one would best fit my goal? Or am I forever doomed to have the game finished, even should I win against the king in the end and gain my independence?

Questions after questions.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

But apparently this is not so as once I gain my independence the game finishes. Plus as far as I can see there is only ONE other European power in my New world beside all the native tribes there.

When you win Independence there is an option to continue playing the game, and if you have chosen 'Monarchy' when you declared independence then you can continue trading with Europe too.

There are fewer Europeans and Indian tribes on smaller maps. On a huge map for example there are three other European powers and eight Indian tribes by default. However when you start a new game you can select how many opponents you wish to play against.

Top Bottom