K-mod Deity Fun -- Collaboration of SGOTM teams

I also validated kossin's suggestion of China because K-mod seems to be a world where the Protective trait might acutally be useful.

If we want an early UU, why not mix it up and go with Sitting Bull? Strong PHI trait and decent early defense with resourceless Dog Soldiers and totem pole'd protective Archers... just saying :mischief:

SB is however not a Fishing-less leader soundjata :lol:

I would prefer Mao of China.

Maze map is bizarr. Let us play it. 1 size maze ftw.

Qin Shi Huang (Industrious trait) would be better than Mao Zedong (Expansive trait).

In queue promoting and upgrading of archers to cho-ko-nus is very handy. One could continue with an engineering rush, though with Kmod, I'm not sure how viable that would be, even with cho-ko-nus in the mix.

Sun Tzu Wu

Great Lighthouse, Navy, Collossus. No thank you. Let's do something else :)

+1 for Mao, an interesting dictator. No fishing.

Missing the watery element entirely is unfair for robots if we crush them.:smug: We are trying a new mod, so why not go through it more completely?

BTW Tachywaxon is already dangerously hostile (TM). Let's not make it worse by misspelling its name and assuming it has a gender. :run:

Thanks, this remind me that I mixed yours and Bebe's last time.;) What's "TM"?:confused: Joking aside, Tachywaxon's posts looks enthusiastic to me.

Update of consensus:

Leader

Kossin: Mansa or China
Tachywaxon: ?
Mitchum: Mansa,
soundjata: Mao
pomthom: China
Folket: Mao

Mao: Mansa = 3.5:1.5

Map

Kossin: a lot
Tachywaxon: Oasis
Mitchum: single land mass
soundjata: Oasis
pomthom: continent
Folket: Maze

If you have not named a clear map type and leader name and does not conflict with the clearly stated one, your vote will not be counted, currently Oasis:maze = 2.5:1.5. I don't count mine, but if the situation remains, I'm going to put my vote on my favorite side and might act as a tiebreaker.:satan:

I'll generate a map tomorrow, you still have chance to change your mind or make your choice sound.

^ Spend 4 warriors / block the land path... (Tachywaxon trick ftw)

Looks like we are leaning towards maze and Mao. I'm happy for now. Size 1 maze might be easier to play but cause much more headache. The size 4 maze with small waters looks very playable.

Can someone please explain the reasons for choosing Mao Zedong (Expansive) over Qin Shi Haung (Industrious)? Is Expansive better than Industrious when playing Kmod?

Sun Tzu Wu

The start file is UP in the first post. Enjoy the opening discussion, I'll post a plan tomorrow.

Most of you are veterans from SGOTMs. In case that you are unfamiliar of a regular SG or more possibly, the way I host a SG, please take a bit time to read the policies.

1. Try to be active even you are not the one who is UP to play, your participation will encourage the whole team.
2. Please post a "got it" or ask a swap in your earliest convenience. We won't be strict to 24/48 rule, but that's a good policy to follow.
3. Each player will play around 10 turns for each round, but again, it's not firm. I think it's better to stop at a meaningful point than doing an extra stop of 1 or 2 turn session, mostly after finishing a tech. The first 2 sets will be longer as there are less issues to be discussed and faster to play.
4. Please post a plan no matter how simple or clear of your set. Things to be included in your plan would be

• Tech Path
  • Diplomatic actions
  • War target, timing, stack composition, and march routes.
  • Before AD, please also describe a big picture of your worker moves such as how many workers in which city doing what, new city settlement, and city build.

5. Last, don't be upset if your ideas are not accepted by the team, nobody can be always right. The final team decision might not always be the best, but most of the time, they are the most reasonable decisions based on the known information.

I hope the newest implementation regarding archer rushes is real and that is the AI shouldn't do that anymore...

==

Double Obsolete Start.

Move Warrior NE check the other useless plain tiles (low chances of wheat and almost none of cows; don't recall regular mapscripts giving 3 cows start). Also, might see if the PH 2N is gem tile or not.

If nothing good, settle 1S on wine for 2:commerce: city square. Moving northward doesn't seem attractive as jungles are showing at the fringes of the visible.

Yeah settling on the wine is probably our best option. Agree with warrior NE.

No test game means the opening techs is difficult to decide for me.
Probably one of both:

1. Fishing > hunting > AH (build work boat ASAP)
3. Hunting > AH > Fishing (build work boat on moocows)

The good thing about this start is that we have a forrested peak (Kossin :groucho:) to accelerate the expansive worker :D

I hope the newest implementation regarding archer rushes is real and that is the AI shouldn't do that anymore...

==

Double Obsolete Start.

Move Warrior NE check the other useless plain tiles (low chances of wheat and almost none of cows; don't recall regular mapscripts giving 3 cows start). Also, might see if the PH 2N is gem tile or not.

I have not seen Gem spams on yellow tile. Of course if you consider gold and silver as well. Edit: silver is only possible in cold area.

If nothing good, settle 1S on wine for 2:commerce: city square. Moving northward doesn't seem attractive as jungles are showing at the fringes of the visible.

Agree the move.

Yeah settling on the wine is probably our best option. Agree with warrior NE.

No test game means the opening techs is difficult to decide for me.
Probably one of both:

1. Fishing > hunting > AH (build work boat ASAP)
3. Hunting > AH > Fishing (build work boat on moocows)

The good thing about this start is that we have a forrested peak (Kossin :groucho:) to accelerate the expansive worker :D

I'm thinking about going for AH directly, which perfectly match with the timing of worker if we settle on the wine.

Ooops, I forgot to edit PH into GH. But as my fog gazing seems to have failed, it's a plain hill, then can be either nothing or gold. Or hidden stuff like iron or copper, which is irrelevant since we can't know beforehand. Silver is almost improbable as silver doesn't sprout near the jungles, but in the tundra regions and transformed into plain hills through the normalizer.

Top Bottom