KaiserNES Pre-Thread: Ares Has Descended

Not quite Grandkhan, although that could certainly be an option to explore with your character.
Name:
Appearence:
Biography:
Abilities:

Alrighty, here's the rudimentary sign-up thing you need to fill in. Note that the 'abilities' choice is entirely optional. I'll be posting some more details about the world we inhabit later tonight, after which I'm hoping to get some official sign-ups. :)

Does my previous post count, or should I re-fill that out?

I would appreciate it if you re-filled it, but yours would still be acceptable.

Name: Fg Off (Flying Officer, equivalent to army lieutenant and navy sub-lieutenant) Jerome Fredendall, Royal Air Force

Appearance: Average height and slim, such that he fits in the cockpit better than most. Almost always in uniform, either formal or operational. Blond and moustachioed, always smiling. Age 21.

Biography: Fredendall was raised in a quiet area of Devon. His childhood and adolescence were unremarkable - he displayed a mild talent for languages and was horrendous at maths, but was on the path to quiet graduation and quiet college. The Great War changed all that. At the age of seventeen he could wait no longer, and enlisted. He was sent to the Royal Flying Corps and attached to 7 Squadron. Much to his dismay 7 Squadron was stationed away from the front lines, and, though he became expert at manoeuvring, he tasted combat only three times before the German Superman forced the war to a close. He has only one kill to his name, and is rather miffed at that.

Abilities: Only those you'd expect from a particularly skilled one of His Majesty's Flying Officers. He's not one of your newfangled "supers".

Name: Yorioshima Kitabatake

Appearance: Looks about 50-ish, very gruff individual. However, he carries himself with an air of dignity and honor, offsetting his look noticeably. He wears a variety of "clothing", most commonly either his traditional samurai armor or monk's robes. sometimes he wears normal era-appropriate clothing as well, though far less commonly.

Biography: Old Records

Yorioshima was born in Japan, and raised there. Eventually, he was exiled for reasons that are no fault of his own. A disgraced samurai, e wandered the mountains of northern Japan for a number of years before finally a mysterious being. This being altered his very DNA, transforming him into a "superbeing". While not as precise as some others, the nature of his time-related powers makes him a formidable force in the grand scheme of things. However, he takes a very philosophical approach to the whole thing. He is now in pre-WWII Earth waiting to see if he has an oportunity to influence the strands of time away from those other foolish superbeings.

Abilities: Martial Arts, Traditional Weaponry, Horseback Riding, Time Travel (Rough Version), Immortality (Not Invulnerability).

Name: Thomas Wellen

Appearance: About 34. Always in a greasy cloth. Bumbles around a lot.

Biography: Sometime later.

Abilities: Technopath.

OP has been updated with a few brief paragraphs on the status of some of the major nations involved in the game. I plan on adding the Asian nations and the NPCs later, after which the game will probably start.

If you want to know about any nation I haven't mentioned so far, ask and I'll add them to the State of the World wall.

Name: Samuel Kizmek

Appearance: 5'10, blonde hair, blue eyes, relatively well-dressed. Looks to be mid-20s, and well-built.

(Very rough and just a base for a future expanded) Biography: Born in the slums of Poland, Samuel Kizmek grew up trying to be inconspicuous. Being noticed meant getting caught, and that almost always led to the police. Although he grew up in a life of poverty, he always tried to help the poor against the German regime, and acted as the Robin Hood of Poland. Attracting such a large following was dangerous, however, as it attracted the attention of the government as well. He learned not just how to run, but also how to stand up and fight, as well as how to make himself seem almost invisible, and became an escape artist very quickly.

Abilities: Extreme Awareness, Unnoticeable, Super Speed, Escape Artist, Determined Fighter

Asia is now up. Sorry it is so late, I was lazy busy with schoolwork.

Anyway, I'm looking at Sunday for the game thread to go up. Get your characters in, and if there's a country or a person you want a sit-rep for, let me know and ye shall receive.

Name: Mani Gupta
Appearance: Indian, tall and relatively skinny, short black hair, brown eyes.
Biography: Grew up in relative wealth, which his parents got from selling weapons to the resistance. They were sent from Nepal as spies of sorts when he was very young. Joined the Gurkha at 23 because his parents were kidnapped and tortured right before his eyes for information by the British about the resistance movement. He was, however, able to save them before they either cracked and told them or were killed. He may or may not be the rumored superhuman in the group. Was enthusiastic about the limited teaching he acquired. Had few friends growing up, and it takes awhile to gain his trust.
Abilities: Local time distortion. Means he can slow down or speed up time in areas near him.

That was meant to be a hint at an NPC, not a call to arms, but w/e. :p

Sorry. Should I make a new one?

No, but you may want to give a good reason an Indian is a member of a military unit from Nepal.

Thanks. I'll change that.

I could also use this one.
Name: John Smith
Appearance: Tall, short blond hair, green eyes. Normal weight but not muscular.
Bio: 21 years old. Grew up in New York as a shoe shiner. He made enough money to keep food on the table, and enjoyed himself in his free time. After he and his friends heard about the end of the war, they decided to see if they were also superhuman. They ran races, and occasionally got hurt doing some stunts to see if they could fly, or if they were invincible. When he was 20, he took a trip to see his grandfather in Maine. His grandfather was in the Navy many years ago, and after seeing John's proficiency with a boat and in the water, encouraged him to join the navy. He decided to after his friends joined. After showing excellence, he was quickly promoted to Lieutenant. He always seems to know when the tides are, and where the bad waves are.
Abilities: Very good in water. Can breath underwater, and is able to feel where all the water around him is, and has limited control over it.

Top Bottom